Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Favorite/Least Favorite Land

What's your favorite IOA land?

• Port of Entry

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Marvel Superhero Island

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Toon Lagoon

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Jurassic Park

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Lost Continent

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Seuss Landing

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Votes: 15 46.9%

• Total voters
JP. It only has two rides, but the theming in the area is amazing, and one of those two rides are amazing. I remember when I was younger, I would spend all day in the Discovery Center and Camp, good memories :smiley: I guess that always stuck with me. To be honest, and I'll probably sound weird for saying this, but I think I rather have had another JP ride that Harry Potter.
Worst... I would have to say Marvel, only because the theming looks bad with all the cut outs, while every where else in the park has statues.

I absolutely quote you!!!
I love Jurassic Park, and would have rather had some JP dark rides than the new area (that has only one new ride, by the way)...
And Camp Jurassic is wonderful, I love it even now! It's so well done!!

my favorite always comes down to either Jurassic Park or Lost Continent. But I always choose Lost Continent becuase whenever I am in Jurassic Park area I feel that there is something missing because Jurassic Park is one of my favorite movies of all time.

If you want I would fight you to the end. IOA's lands have nothing on Magic Kingdom's.

I just feel like most people are blinded by nostalgia. As of right now, none of the lands' themes amaze me as much as The Wizarding World does. Main street looks too fake, tomorrowland outdated (and overrun with Disney characters), fantasyland (is getting better soon), etc etc.

However, I do love specific areas of the park. Splash Mountain is one of my favorite artificial mountains.

Jurassic Park is my favorite Island, Followed by Port of entry then Lost continent.

Reason why I vote POE 2nd is because your first time entering the park, Your first time Your so excited to get to everything else... But it's just something about the Port that grabs you... You walk under the archway and read the words "The adventure Begins" The music blends perfectly with that newfound sense of adventure. It's purely magical and essential to the IOA experience... Then as you leave from your magical day of seeing magical things at and expereincing that amazing epic adventure with your friends and/or your family you walk under the archway again... but this time you read the words "the adventure lives on" It's just so epic, and it fills me with wonder everytime... The park wouldnt be half of what it is without the port, It's the perfect intro and outro.

Jurrassic park feels like you are actually there, and when you leave the port of entry and look out to all to all the islands jurrassic park looks just like in the movies... Then JPRA is an awesome wonder to behold, and walking into the island itself feels like you are in the place you saw in the movies (even though I understand this is sposed to be a diffferent island). It's just amazing...

Favourite: LOST CONTINENT, I like Dueling Dragons... :peace:
Least Favourite: Seuss Landing although it has fun coasters. :peace:

JP is my favorite, at least until Potter opens. Least would be LC.

MY least favorite land is... Ok, can I just put down Magic Kingdom? (I'm prepared for a battle) :]

MK isn't that bad. Tomorrowland and Fantasyland are horrid, but LS and Frontierland are great. Adventureland would be if it wasn't for that dang spinner. Still, it is the worst of the WDW parks.

My favourite area is probably Jurassic Park, I love the theming and whilst I was a kid I was obsessed with the series - so it was like being a big kid again. Probably least favourite island is the lost continent its got good theming but the only ride open when I was there was Poseidon's Fury and I wasn't the biggest fan. Especially considering Dragons is now in Harry Potter.

My favourite area is probably Jurassic Park, I love the theming and whilst I was a kid I was obsessed with the series - so it was like being a big kid again. Probably least favourite island is the lost continent its got good theming but the only ride open when I was there was Poseidon's Fury and I wasn't the biggest fan. Especially considering Dragons is now in Harry Potter.

So then what is it that we are basing our opinion on?
The land itself, or what rides are there?

If just the rides, then of course Marvel is my favorite. But if we are basing it off of theming, then the Lost Continent is my favorite. I've always kind of considered LC to be 3 separate Islands. If the park is ever too crowded to go on rides, I love sitting down in one of the less traveled areas of The Lost City. Or, if The Mystic Fountain is working, I've actually spent an hour and a half just watching kids interact with him/her. Merlin Woods Plaza was where all of the Lost Continent's rides were, and it will be missed, but I'm glad that at least it's getting replaced with harry potter and not something else. And luckily, all of the rides are staying.

Based only on themeing I went with Suess Landing. Its just over the top in so many ways I love it. It also helps I was a huge Dr Suess fan as a kid. Now if only Mt Crumpitt would find a new home right here in Orlando.

It's between JP and the Lost Continent. Even though JP only has one ride I love the atmosphere and the trees and what not. LC is very a immersive land and I love the magical feel. But of course now that I will be able to visit a place I have been to so many times in my head, i'm positive the wwohp will take the cake.

My favorite would probably be Toon Lagoon, and my least favorite would be the Lost Continent. Although, that's probably because I've never been in Poseidon's Fury or Sinbad.

Last edited: