Favorite/Least Favorite Land | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Favorite/Least Favorite Land

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What's your favorite IOA land?

• Port of Entry

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Marvel Superhero Island

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Toon Lagoon

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Jurassic Park

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Lost Continent

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Seuss Landing

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Votes: 15 46.9%

• Total voters
Marvel is my pick based on the nostalgic factor present throughout. Though JP is runner up in terms of preference... If only JP had more rides present within it...

Well here's my ranking...

6. Toon Lagoon - Although the island does have some great theming, it is not consistent enough.

5. Marvel Super Hero Island - Great rides, and I love the tricks and hidden objects throughout the island, but it just isn't my cup of tea.

4. Suess Landing - I absolutely love the theming of this island. I can walk through it all day, just taking in the views of the park from the Zax Bypass, and the hidden stories, such as the nest behind Cats, Hats, and Things, or McElligot's Pool. The children's attractions are top notch, but I feel that there is better in the park.

3. Port of Entry - I can just walk through this island all day if I could. Going up into the Navigator's Club is a Universal Fanatic's wet dream. All of the panoramic views you get from up there are just spectacular. The theming in the island is great, and every bit of it tells a story of the "people" that live there.

2. Jurassic Park - Unfortunately, my top 2 islands are going to be overrun by "the wizard guy" in 2009-2010, but here's what I have for the time-being. Jurassic Park is a great mix of family to thrilling attractions, each with top-notch theming. All of the back trails throughout the island give you a sense of adventure as you walk through the misty trails. The UO Creative Team has done a great job with turning the movie series into a themed island of IOA.

1. The Lost Continent - This island is easily at the top. Its wide range of attractions gives fun for the whole family. From The 8th Voyage of Sinbad to Dueling Dragons, this island contains a stunt show, a kiddie coaster, an indoor adventure, and the world's only dueling inverted coaster. Combine that with the best themed queue in the world, the world's greatest theme park restaurant for like 8 years running, and great times at the Alchemy Bar, you have yourself a one-of-a-kind experience. OOH!! And, I forgot to mention, this is the ONLY ORIGINAL ISLAND CONCEPT at IOA.

Well here's my ranking...

6. Toon Lagoon - Although the island does have some great theming, it is not consistent enough.

5. Marvel Super Hero Island - Great rides, and I love the tricks and hidden objects throughout the island, but it just isn't my cup of tea.

4. Suess Landing - I absolutely love the theming of this island. I can walk through it all day, just taking in the views of the park from the Zax Bypass, and the hidden stories, such as the nest behind Cats, Hats, and Things, or McElligot's Pool. The children's attractions are top notch, but I feel that there is better in the park.

3. Port of Entry - I can just walk through this island all day if I could. Going up into the Navigator's Club is a Universal Fanatic's wet dream. All of the panoramic views you get from up there are just spectacular. The theming in the island is great, and every bit of it tells a story of the "people" that live there.

2. Jurassic Park - Unfortunately, my top 2 islands are going to be overrun by "the wizard guy" in 2009-2010, but here's what I have for the time-being. Jurassic Park is a great mix of family to thrilling attractions, each with top-notch theming. All of the back trails throughout the island give you a sense of adventure as you walk through the misty trails. The UO Creative Team has done a great job with turning the movie series into a themed island of IOA.

1. The Lost Continent - This island is easily at the top. Its wide range of attractions gives fun for the whole family. From The 8th Voyage of Sinbad to Dueling Dragons, this island contains a stunt show, a kiddie coaster, an indoor adventure, and the world's only dueling inverted coaster. Combine that with the best themed queue in the world, the world's greatest theme park restaurant for like 8 years running, and great times at the Alchemy Bar, you have yourself a one-of-a-kind experience. OOH!! And, I forgot to mention, this is the ONLY ORIGINAL ISLAND CONCEPT at IOA.

POE;)

nice review, Dr, Brown! I agree with it. I wasn't really able to explore JP because a huge thunderstorm hit while we were there.

Oh man, that stinks. I love the detail put into the trails throughout the island. I can spend hours in Camp Jurassic. Before the start of construction of the new bridge connecting the new Lost Continent with Jurassic Park, the paths back there were very nice to walk through also.

RocknGuitar, are you from the Atari Community??

Oh man, that stinks. I love the detail put into the trails throughout the island. I can spend hours in Camp Jurassic. Before the start of construction of the new bridge connecting the new Lost Continent with Jurassic Park, the paths back there were very nice to walk through also.

RocknGuitar, are you from the Atari Community??
I love Camp Jurassic also. I was in there yesterday for an hour exploring. On top of that we played at the water guns for a while. BTW Atari Community owns, best RCT Coasters ever.

I love Camp Jurassic also. I was in there yesterday for an hour exploring. On top of that we played at the water guns for a while. BTW Atari Community owns, best RCT Coasters ever.

Camp Jurassic just has that sort of feel to it. I don't know, just exploring the caves, or busting a$$ on the net climbs, it just gets to you. :lol:

I'm a member of Atari Community. I've got two coasters on there. :thumbs:

My favorite land after long consideration is Marvel. My least favorite is port of entry. POE just doesn't seem to fit in my mind. I don't feel like I am in Islands until I turn the corner into Marvel.

My favorite land after long consideration is Marvel. My least favorite is port of entry. POE just doesn't seem to fit in my mind. I don't feel like I am in Islands until I turn the corner into Marvel.
I have to disagree with you. Although POE might seem like a pointless island. It is really important to the story line. It also will soon to be the only original themed area :(

I voted Marvel for a few reasons.
I like Marvel a lot because the rdies, theme, and layout are great! The Hulk use to not be a favorite ride of mine but lately it's been running smooth and great and I LOVE it. I also enjoy Spiderman and Doctor Doom a lot to so basically I love that whole area.

I voted for PoE for my favorite, it just barely edged out Marvel because of all the details in it's themeing.

My least favorite is Toon Lagoon.

I think Toon Lagoon and Suess Landing are the best if you want to take pictures with Scenery. If your not into Water Rides or Kid's Rides it might bore you some. If you don't plan on getting wet there are some awesome things to take pictures with and Me Ship,The Olive is always fun also.