Forbidden Journey Refurbishment (Update: Early Dec) | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Forbidden Journey Refurbishment (Update: Early Dec)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you've pulled the harness down and it's not all the way down to the safe point or if they assume it wont close to that point. If the larger of two people sits on the inside seat they'll swap them out of habit.

I hadn't even tried. And again, I fit into everything with ease. Like several extra clicks ease. I know because I always have many more clicks than my husband on all rides. So I can't imagine me even looking close to not being able to fit.

I think this may have already been noted, but some kind of flowing cloth was added to the soulsucking dementor recently. Definitely a bit creepier with the added motion. Didn't notice any other changes.

Reactions: Mike S
Anyone hear about the issue last night? Supposedly the outdoor section of the track, leading to the maintenance shed, was hit by lightning, causing the ride to be down all day?

Anyone hear about the issue last night? Supposedly the outdoor section of the track, leading to the maintenance shed, was hit by lightning, causing the ride to be down all day?
There is not track that is outside. The maintenance shed is directly connected to the rest of the building. In fact, it's more like a separate room of the same building.

If it was down last night I wonder if it was anything significant. It might have just been the typical stuff but who knows.

There is not track that is outside. The maintenance shed is directly connected to the rest of the building. In fact, it's more like a separate room of the same building.

If it was down last night I wonder if it was anything significant. It might have just been the typical stuff but who knows.

Just saw this on the UOAP page

ss 2016-09-14 at 3.52.02 PM.jpg

Th
No, Actually the maintenance shed is not in the same building. It's separated by about 40 feet and there is a track to move the RV's back and forth.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 59
Goodness WAJA, you know so many things that I am shocked that you didn't know this. There is a geek famous photo inside of it with many Kukas in various stages, many of them raised high to the roof a time before it opened. I don't have a copy but perhaps someone here can send it to you in private.

Warning: Don't even attempt to post it on this site publicly as I believe Bri will make it vanish.

WOW! I never knew that?! I always assumed RV storage doubled as maintenance somewhere back there. Is this smart design?
The reason for the separation is because the gate to get on stage from backstage is right there. In order to have an unobstructed path an annex building was built for maintenance with a track connecting it to the main building. Otherwise they would have just built it on to the main building like they did in Hollywood.

The reason for the separation is because the gate to get on stage from backstage is right there. In order to have an unobstructed path an annex building was built for maintenance with a track connecting it to the main building. Otherwise they would have just built it on to the main building like they did in Hollywood.
An interesting approach to the problem. That explains the different sizes of the building when Orlando and Hollywood are compared. I'm suprised I didn't already know this as it seems like almost common knowledge.

"You learn learn something new everyday!"

Goodness WAJA, you know so many things that I am shocked that you didn't know this. There is a geek famous photo inside of it with many Kukas in various stages, many of them raised high to the roof a time before it opened. I don't have a copy but perhaps someone here can send it to you in private.

Warning: Don't even attempt to post it on this site publicly as I believe Bri will make it vanish.
Time to go photo hunting!! :ninja: :shades:

Reactions: Joel and Mike S
First ride on FJ today for our current trip and holy COW is the lighting way brighter now. the dementors/whopping willow section is made equally better and worse as a result. it's good for the intensity of having the dementors up close, but alternatively shows up way too much of the ceiling and mechanics of what's going on. They need to make a decision now as to whether they turn down the lights or go fully for the 3D now. Tbh, I think a full refurb is very much due now, especially with the near invisible Dumbledore in his office etc.
Fantastic ride though still, obviously!

Reactions: Mike S
First ride on FJ today for our current trip and holy COW is the lighting way brighter now. the dementors/whopping willow section is made equally better and worse as a result. it's good for the intensity of having the dementors up close, but alternatively shows up way too much of the ceiling and mechanics of what's going on. They need to make a decision now as to whether they turn down the lights or go fully for the 3D now. Tbh, I think a full refurb is very much due now, especially with the near invisible Dumbledore in his office etc.
Fantastic ride though still, obviously!
Dumbledore is not as bright as some people are want to believe. Lord V was right after all. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.