Forbidden Journey Refurbishment (Update: Early Dec) | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Forbidden Journey Refurbishment (Update: Early Dec)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Id replace the whomping willow, not sure with what though. Then Id use the whomping willow as part of a larger outdoor attraction to replace DC. Whomping willow always seemed lost within FJ to me, such an iconic part of the movie I think it deserves more

Well, as ever, I missed that the date had been posted. Why would rock work need to be redone?
Well Hogsmeade has been open for 6.5 years now. FJ is great, but everything needs some TLC every once in awhile. I would think a repainting could be in order for certain parts of the castle to as i'm sure the paint has faded over the years bathing in the Florida sun.

Reactions: Mike S
6.5 years sounds before going down for an extended period of time sounds really good. I'm surprised they aren't adding 3D during this time. If not now, when?

Id replace the whomping willow, not sure with what though. Then Id use the whomping willow as part of a larger outdoor attraction to replace DC. Whomping willow always seemed lost within FJ to me, such an iconic part of the movie I think it deserves more

Maybe they're taking some elements out that will be featured in the new DC ride replacement :whistle:

I've seen speculation that the tree cutting around the building could have been for a future castle projection show. Any way that could have something to do with this? I'm skeptical that they'd need to shut the ride down for that kind of thing, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

Reactions: Quint
I've seen speculation that the tree cutting around the building could have been for a future castle projection show. Any way that could have something to do with this? I'm skeptical that they'd need to shut the ride down for that kind of thing, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

I can't see 18 days as being for more than clean up and basic maintenence. Maybe they will water the plants in the greenhouse (looking a little dry ;) ) but nothing more than that

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
They probably got to fix somethings that are invisible to the guest eye. Also wondering if they want to touch up paint on the castle exterior in the near future.

Reactions: 12th Man and Mike S
My impression of the tree cutting was it was to improve the view for photos. So many people were trying to squeeze in the same small area on the bridge for pics with Hogwarts in the background. Now the same shots can be taken from more areas.

My impression of the tree cutting was it was to improve the view for photos. So many people were trying to squeeze in the same small area on the bridge for pics with Hogwarts in the background. Now the same shots can be taken from more areas.

Maybe this is more of a @Teebin type question but I have always wondered how they get those trees to grow in Florida. They don't seem like a species that would be happy in the heat of Florida but obviously they grow pretty well.

ETA I know.... "its magic"

This has to be a sick joke. I've spent the last 3 months working overtime to replenish my savings to be able to take my gf on her first trip to WW 12/5-12/9. You guys know me. I'm level headed. But I'm livid right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.