Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Forbidden Journey Refurbishment (Update: Early Dec)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Disney was smart, they would have just devised a ride system where the strollers latch into the track to function as the ride vehicle for Frozen.
if they do that then people are going to complain that they cant bring on ecv,s and its just going to be a mess.They should just add a stationary seating for frozen ride where you sit on a chair and Elsa comes up and shakes you while singing let it go.

Last edited:
So May is close to being over. What happened to that May FJ closure rumor? Sounding more and more like a bad rumor, especially with all of these capacity shortages in the two parks {2 E tickets (Disaster, Hulk), 1 D ticket (Twister), 1 major show (BJ) all down at the same time}

So May is close to being over. What happened to that May FJ closure rumor? Sounding more and more like a bad rumor, especially with all of these capacity shortages in the two parks {2 E tickets (Disaster, Hulk), 1 D ticket (Twister), 1 major show (BJ) all down at the same time}

They're replacing rock work for sure, my guess is they're doing it on the third shift.

They're replacing rock work for sure, my guess is they're doing it on the third shift.
Yes, that's what it sounds like. I never bought the rumor they'd shut the ride down for an extended time to do minor repairs without giving notice far in advance. . It wouldn't go over well with the HP vacation tourists, and that's just too much capacity to lose at this period of time.

Permit filed to removed part of the hanging ceiling rock work in the Dementors scenes.

But I honestly can't see that safely happening overnight. You need to get equipment in, not damage the track, have moved the vehicles around to allow it to enter/exit, then get the rock work out - and then install whatever will replace it. Then test and retest that the vehicles aren't hitting whatever it is.

It won't take too long, but a single night or even multiple nights without a day closure seems unlikely.

It's a pisser when that happens, especially for new riders. I have been on spider-man when the projectors failed to be triggered for an entire scene. It totally disrupts its great pace. FJ on the other hand... I think I would just find it fascinating. :)
At least Universal has a policy of letting people re ride when something big goes wrong. Happened to me last trip when I got stuck on Spider-Man.

It's a pisser when that happens, especially for new riders. I have been on spider-man when the projectors failed to be triggered for an entire scene. It totally disrupts its great pace. FJ on the other hand... I think I would just find it fascinating. :)

Got a chance to get a good look at the dragon head. You get a better appreciation of the level of detail when it is still and illuminated.

The worst for me has to be the Gringotts audio glitch where sound effects and music throughout the ride are barely audible. It's happened to me a handful of times since opening (including today) and just completely takes the punch out of the ride. I'll take a single scene screwing up over that anyday ;)

The worst for me has to be the Gringotts audio glitch where sound effects and music throughout the ride are barely audible. It's happened to me a handful of times since opening (including today) and just completely takes the punch out of the ride. I'll take a single scene screwing up over that anyday ;)

Been there and completely agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.