Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Forbidden Journey Refurbishment (Update: Early Dec)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys, i hate to be one of those people but is there an idea of when in may this will be going down? my friends and i are going for graduation on may 29th-june 4th, so i'm just trying to figure out which rides will be down when we're there. they've never been, so i'm already a little sad they won't get the hulk.

First off, Welcome!

Secondly, nothing has been officially confirmed as of now so unfortunately we don't have any answer.

It might be an error, but a book called The Complete Universal, just came out and it lists FJ as having express. The book also lists in detail what the Kong ride entails, so I wonder how informed the author was.

There is only 1 guide I trust:

Amazon product ASIN 1628090308
:)
Yes. I bought that for my first extended Universal vacation in 2011.(I had previously only been there for 1 day in 2004). That book is the best by far:thumbsup:. I had purchased every other book on the B&N travel rack that mentioned Universal & Disney.....Plus Seth is a OU regular poster.

so can anyone clear up what the actual full dementor scene is. ive heard so many conflicting reports
I don't know what the Florida version was supposed to be like, but in Hollywood there are about a dozen more Dementors instead of the soul kiss this project. They're static, and have arms, and are all around you before you move into The final dome.

Don't know if it's related but I rode FJ today and the second to last Dementor is missing. Also the ride was in ROUGH shape today. There was no dragon fire, Hermione was out of sync, Whomping Willow wasn't moving, first dementor was broken, there was a missing dementor and the photo projection on the mist screen was projection just a circle. However it seems the Great Hall scene has been updated with a much brighter projector.

Don't know if it's related but I rode FJ today and the second to last Dementor is missing. Also the ride was in ROUGH shape today. There was no dragon fire, Hermione was out of sync, Whomping Willow wasn't moving, first dementor was broken, there was a missing dementor and the photo projection on the mist screen was projection just a circle. However it seems the Great Hall scene has been updated with a much brighter projector.
I went on Sunday and these weren't working either.

Its crowded in there on a relatively quiet day at the park. Its almost too much to handle during a peak day. However, its nice to not have to go through another metal detector for this ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.