Frozen being fast-tracked to DHS? | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen being fast-tracked to DHS?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes, that's what I'm saying. :lol: You can also say in response to. Really it's the same thing.
No it's not. All this is is to avoid a massive loss in attendance at DHS. A "response" would be something like Avatarland or Star Wars opening this summer.

Two completely different things.

- - - Updated - - -

This event will impact Epcot the most, I believe. It's going to take away from other WDW parks, not UOR.
Oh absolutely it will take away from other WDW parks, but I don't agree it will be Epcot. I think it most likely will be DAK.

No it's not. All this is is to avoid a massive loss in attendance at DHS. A "response" would be something like Avatarland or Star Wars opening this summer.

Two completely different things.

The point is it's Potter driven. End of story.

So a couple things:

- Ice Skating will take place in Soundstage 1 and will cost $10 for 30 minutes. Skates and helmets will be provided. You can bring your own if you'd wish.
- They are selling VIP packages to this, not dissimilar to what they did for SWW, for $59/$34 for Adults/Children which will basically get you reserved seating for everything (sing-a-long, welcome procession, fireworks) and refreshments. Apparently skating is not included.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...premium-package-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/
- They released a concept art of what the stage in front of the hat will look like for the event:
image-jpg.57961

Last edited:
Oh absolutely it will take away from other WDW parks, but I don't agree it will be Epcot. I think it most likely will be DAK.

I think it will affect both, unfortunately. Frozen is Disney's "it" property, and DAK and now EPCOT will be the parks without it. If they had stared/opened Frozen Maelstrom earlier it might be a different story

I for one would be super happy if we lose some of the crowds from Epcot to DHS, that way I can enjoy my favorite Disney park emptier :lol:

One thing I've learned though, is that even though I have full APs, I NEVER go to WDW in the summer....its WAY too frustrating.

And how much does someone want to bet this Frozen overlay event gets extended through the years end.

I for one would be super happy if we lose some of the crowds from Epcot to DHS, that way I can enjoy my favorite Disney park emptier :lol:

One thing I've learned though, is that even though I have full APs, I NEVER go to WDW in the summer....its WAY too frustrating.

And how much does someone want to bet this Frozen overlay event gets extended through the years end.
Eh, not sure they'd want to divert crowds away from Food & Wine, although both events are targeted at different demos. Still not sure they'd want to risk it though.

They could turn this into an annual thing like Star Wars Weekends.

Last edited:
I'm staying on property over the weekend for the 4th and will likely stop by Saturday or Sunday so i'll give some of my thoughts.

Awesome, just saw kristoff made an appearance. From what I'm seeing this isn't bad at all, looks even more developed than Star Wars weekends (content not shops wise) they should really keep that ice skating rink year round

did you guys saw the Sing-Along Celebration video posted on youtube? I dont know what I expected but it was kind of lame

Last edited:
Not only that, the higher ups at TDO were standing around with HUGE smiles on their faces like they were major geniuses or something.

Its sad that a last minute overlay party can make TDO happy smdh

Not only that, the higher ups at TDO were standing around with HUGE smiles on their faces like they were major geniuses or something.

Its sad that a last minute overlay party can make TDO happy smdh

It's what they know, and they were there for all the bloggers and media types to artificially inflate the interest. Sunday was already "dead".

If something that I did with minimal effort was that successful, I'd be pretty damn happy too, I dont care how half-heartedly I planned it.

Pride comes into it, no?

I could put half assed food up at work and make money, wouldn't make me proud.

Sing-Along Show

I'm glad I saw that sing-along show on YouTube before going to the park. What a poorly executed waste of time. My 3 year old loves frozen but I'm sure he'd be bored with the "Historians" yapping away for most of the show. I skipped around and it looked like they only had 2 or 3 songs in the whole 20+ minutes. I had assumed the sing-along parts would at least have the characters out there singing and not just a movie clip I can pull up on YouTube. The "finale" should've been how it was done the whole way through and even then the show would not have been great. WTF Disney?!?!

Funny how so many people think this is a great show just because its Disney.

I'm glad I saw that sing-along show on YouTube before going to the park. What a poorly executed waste of time. My 3 year old loves frozen but I'm sure he'd be bored with the "Historians" yapping away for most of the show. I skipped around and it looked like they only had 2 or 3 songs in the whole 20+ minutes. I had assumed the sing-along parts would at least have the characters out there singing and not just a movie clip I can pull up on YouTube. The "finale" should've been how it was done the whole way through and even then the show would not have been great. WTF Disney?!?!

Funny how so many people think this is a great show just because its Disney.

Did you see the rock n' roll version of In Summer? It wasn't a part of the Sing-Along, but just as awful :ack:

I was actually pretty impressed with what they did in such little time, but I'm just basing my opinion on what I've seen so far on Instagram. Disney really could do decent work if they wanted but most of the time they just rather not do anything.

The sing-a-long show is whatever, I don't think anyone was ever expecting much from that. It's aimed at a young demographic and everyone leaves happy. I actually didn't even see it though as I had no interest. Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the event though.

The event as a whole is pretty nice after experiencing it. There's an opening show in the morning, a mini-parade (Using some of the Once Upon a Christmas Time floats) similar to some of the parades they did in the 90's. Didn't really get the guests walking in the parade portion, but hey.

The Frozen Fireworks were nice. It was a bit of a theatrical performance as well on the hat stage. I enjoyed it, although weather conditions made seeing the fireworks tough the first night.

Wandering Oaken's Trading Post and Frozen Funland was the real hidden gem of this thing. The merch side of this was nothing too special, not much in the way of exclusive merch unless you like Frozen Magic Bands. The Frozen Funland was very well done though imo. Reminiscent in a way of Christmastown at BGT. Had a snow area, hot chocolate/beverage station and the ice rink. After each half hour of skating, a zamboni came out to clear the ice and then a 5-minute "Frozen on Ice" type performance would take place. It seemed very well done.

Overall, with the limited time they had to put this together (rumored two weeks to get Sound Stage 1 up and running), this is a very nice event. The band that played for about 45 mins or so before the fireworks was good enough (wasn't mulch, sweat and sheers... It was a female lead singer. Some members may have been from there though.) It's a nice little thing for the summer. In no way should this be seen as a "Potter Swatter". It's a completely lopsided comparison for one thing. But for just being thrown together, it's nice. Now, if this is to continue into the future, I do expect this event to improve and have a higher quality feel to it.

Oh, and I wouldn't expect the Frozen Funland for good 9/1. It may take a break to tweak some things, but i'd bet good money it comes back for the Holidays. DHS does very little as it is, so adding something like that to Osborne would help out a lot and would probably be a big draw.

Seriously though, if the Studios is going to have nightly fireworks again, that hat NEEDS TO GO. There is very few good views to be had. The best i've found is over by the Idol screen, but for this show, you are far away from the action going on on-stage in that spot(although they do show it on the Idol screen so you can still see it).