Frozen Ever After | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
With the ridiculously small queue this ride already had Disney will have a problem unless something is changed. This change could be that the indoor queue was extended somehow or that this ride will be the first fast-pass only ride.

About the capacity issue, the people who designed this overlay are not stupid. They have at least done something to partially alleviate this issue. This could be more efficient unload/load procedures, shortened distance between boats, or larger/coupled boats.

I Can't help but wonder if it was really more cost effective to replace Malestrom than build Frozen anew. Hundreds of Acres and Over a year to re-theme an already in place building lol...

Last time I was there it seemed some new buildings were being done and it looked like heavy construction to the main building. I thought an overlay should be less than a year, but these seems to be more than an overlay.

I agree it is going to be a nightmare, I have said that, like others, from day one.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Last time I was there it seemed some new buildings were being done and it looked like heavy construction to the main building. I thought an overlay should be less than a year, but these seems to be more than an overlay.

I agree it is going to be a nightmare, I have said that, like others, from day one.
The new buildings to the left of the main Norway complex are for the Anna/Else M&G. There will be a Norweigian themed village throughout the area and about 4 showrooms for M&G's.

The new buildings to the left of the main Norway complex are for the Anna/Else M&G. There will be a Norweigian themed village throughout the area and about 4 showrooms for M&G's.

I didn't think it was for the ride. Just saying that the construction piece is more than a simple ride overlay. They are doing the whole village and adding a building. So in disney standards this is a pretty fast timeline for them. Now would uni do it faster? Probably.

I didn't think it was for the ride. Just saying that the construction piece is more than a simple ride overlay. They are doing the whole village and adding a building. So in disney standards this is a pretty fast timeline for them. Now would uni do it faster? Probably.
Maybe I'm confused in everything they are doing then? Is this to what Universal is doing to Disaster and Twister? If so then I understand.

Maybe I'm confused in everything they are doing then? Is this to what Universal is doing to Disaster and Twister? If so then I understand.

The ride path itself is not changing. The load/unload is changing as it will be combined to add an extra scene. So obviously entrances and exits need to change a little. But the village itself is also being done so a Simpson like redo is being done on the outside. Then there is a whole new building for meet n greets being added.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
The ride path itself is not changing. The load/unload is changing as it will be combined to add an extra scene. So obviously entrances and exits need to change a little. But the village itself is also being done so a Simpson like redo is being done on the outside. Then there is a whole new building for meet n greets being added.
Ahh so it isn't just a gut and replace, they're building a village. Okay that should be interesting. I want to see it for myself. I'm having a little boy, not sure he will like Frozen so much to actually want to see it but never know! Sounds as if Disney has learned a few things theirself. I always thought If Disney gave Aladdin a "Village Like" attraction, would be so awesome.

Yeah, load/unload will be at the former unload now instead of having separate areas, which is what is allowing the extra scene if anyone was wondering.

Reactions: greendude33
This will probably be the last retrofit we'll see.....
Well my hope out of this is that Disney will realize how much they screwed up pretty quickly once everything hits the fan and complaints start flying in. Hopefully the WS as a whole will benefit and start to see more attractions built to spread out crowds.

The additional scene will help capacity only if they add additional ride vehicles to support it. Test Track is currently the highest capacity "E-Ticket" at Epcot with a theoretical capacity of 1500 riders an hour.

People are certainly going to be pissed that they waited so long for a ride they've already been on. This is going to be the Peter Pan of Epcot... and then some.

Reactions: rioriz
The additional scene will help capacity only if they add additional ride vehicles to support it. Test Track is currently the highest capacity "E-Ticket" at Epcot with a theoretical capacity of 1500 riders an hour.

People are certainly going to be pissed that they waited so long for a ride they've already been on. This is going to be the Peter Pan of Epcot... and then some.
I think at most they will be able to add 1 extra boat. And they may not even be able to do that.

Of course, for most, they won't have been on it as the vast majority skipped the ride (it just had long waits bc of terrible capacity... which means WHOA, don't even think about what the lines will be when Frozen opens). Pretty much everything has been stripped too. Everything is going to be "new" for the most part, just along the same track and same boats. It's akin to what they did with the TT to TT2.0 conversion on the inside.

Not to mention that the World Showcase doesn't open until 11am, meaning that they lose 2 hours of operating time for this attraction.
I have to imagine that will change. Those are 2 valuable hours of operation and Norway is only the second country in (so I wouldn't be surprised if they open Mexico and Norway early since they both have rides).

If capacity really becomes a big issue, while I don't expect it, I wouldn't be surprised to see Epcot go away from their standard 9-9 operating hours they've lived by for years and maybe start staying open later.

Now you're talking about massive changes in labor budgets to support a retrofit of a single ride. Not realistically going to happen.

I honestly expect Disney to offer this attraction exclusively from 9am-11am to guests staying on WDW property (think extra magic hours). FastPass+ would only be available from 11am-9pm, and the standby queue will reach peak times in excess of 120mins daily. The infrustructure simply isn't in place to support the level of demand they're going to get when this thing opens. Unless they're planning on doing something that nobody on here has thought of yet, I honestly think they're perfectly okay with going low capacity on this one - and it's sad to think that.

Now you're talking about massive changes in labor budgets to support a retrofit of a single ride. Not realistically going to happen.

I honestly expect Disney to offer this attraction exclusively from 9am-11am to guests staying on WDW property (think extra magic hours). FastPass+ would only be available from 11am-9pm, and the standby queue will reach peak times in excess of 120mins daily. The infrustructure simply isn't in place to support the level of demand they're going to get when this thing opens. Unless they're planning on doing something that nobody on here has thought of yet, I honestly think they're perfectly okay with going low capacity on this one - and it's sad to think that.
Yeah, it's changes in budgets, but closing at 9 is fairly early as is for Disney. They have plenty of money to extend by a few hours, even if just say on weekends when they know the park is going to be busy anyway. Like I said though, doubtful that happens.

I personally think it would've been much better to just demo the existing building and build a state of the art attraction on the existing and expansion plot and really wow people. Well, truly I think they should've waited to build Arendelle as an entire themed land at DHS, but that's besides the point.

Also, on truly peak crowd days like NYE, I wouldn't be surprised to see this ride hit 7-8 hour waits. I mean, Soarin and TT routinely hit 5 hours on those days and they have much better capacity.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I used to work at a Disney ride that hit a 300 minute wait - and the attraction was over 10 years old when I worked at it. I get that there's a demand for the Disney product, but I'm starting to think they have a resort wide capacity issue that can't be fixed overnight, or with their current plans of expansion.

Disney constantly has 20-30 minute waits for things like beer stands and novelty items. I'm kind of shocked that people glaze over things like this. They'd raise an absolute fit if they had to wait that long to pay for their groceries at Publix. It certainly shows you how powerful branding is.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I used to work at a Disney ride that hit a 300 minute wait - and the attraction was over 10 years old when I worked at it. I get that there's a demand for the Disney product, but I'm starting to think they have a resort wide capacity issue that can't be fixed overnight, or with their current plans of expansion.

Disney constantly has 20-30 minute waits for things like beer stands and novelty items. I'm kind of shocked that people glaze over things like this. They'd raise an absolute fit if they had to wait that long to pay for their groceries at Publix. It certainly shows you how powerful branding is.
Yup. Meanwhile, out in Disneyland, only the real headliners get much more than a 30-40 minute wait ever.

Reactions: Brervixen