Frozen Ever After | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes this is the problem. People who think the ride will have lower lines in a couple years are crazy. If Norway got 45 minute waits, you think Frozen won't?!? Epcot doesn't have a lot of rides people want to go on, so this will continue to be popular and continue to have a capacity issue.

I'm not taking about 45 minutes. I mean the 3-hour+ waits this will get when it first opens. :lol:

The problem with comparing Finding Nemo to Frozen is that the population makeup at Disneyland and Epcot are not at all comparable because most of WDW's crowd is out of towners while most of Disneyland's are locals. A local knows that Finding Nemo is not worth waiting forever for, but an out of towner does not. Frozen has the name recognition thing going for it and the fact that the majority of the audience are not able to just ride this whenever they want and do not know it is a dud (assuming it is). The fact that the lines are so long and the Fastpasses will disappear so quickly will only back up in these people's mind that this is a top tier attraction. Meanwhile, the WDW locals will ride it on Wednesday morning in March when no one else is around and probably be all set for the year.

Most of WDW's visitors are "out-of-towners," yes, but don't underestimate their own locals and Florida weekenders. Ever since the introduction of the AP's monthly payment program, there's been a huge increase of this. And regardless of where they're from, they all want to get on the same rides and attractions.

I'm not taking about 45 minutes. I mean the 3-hour+ waits this will get when it first opens. :lol:

I don't think anyone thinks 3 hour waits will be the norm after a year or two. But there will be long waits. It is a popular IP and a low capacity ride. DM is a perfect example of this. No they don't get 210 minute waits like the first year, but 110 happens a lot.

Most of WDW's visitors are "out-of-towners," yes, but don't underestimate their own locals and Florida weekenders. Ever since the introduction of the AP's monthly payment program, there's been a huge increase of this. And regardless of where they're from, they all want to get on the same rides and attractions.

I know, but the time of day and year the locals will be going is not necessarily the same time as the out of towners. Myself and all of my friends and family in California (where I am originally from) only go on Nemo if it is a non-peak season or they happen to have an extra magic hour. During peak seasons, they don't even bother with it. The problem for WDW is going to become, the name recognition of the IP is popular across the world so the ride will most likely be slammed for a long time. The fact that it is slammed only adds to the idea that it is good (because to most consumers, popular=good).

I mean is waiting two hours for a short ride instead three really that much better. I'm predicting this will be Epcots version of midway mania in the sense that you'll be waiting a long time for this ride no matter what. Popular IPs + low capacity = a mess. Even if frozen dies off in popularity (highly doubt it but we can dream), The low capacity will just make it a long line no matter what. This queue better be the most entertaining thing ever because we're gonna be standing in it for a loooooong time

I can't see capacity increasing as they haven't improved the load/unload situation (an important part of capacity).
Seeing as how they combined the unload/load so they could squeeze in another show scene, capacity will probably go down. Before, load and unload were happening at the same time in two different locations. Now they will have to unload before they can load. Basically doubling the unload/load time. Since unload/load is going to take longer than before, I wonder if they are going to have a problem with the boats getting backed up?

And yes, they added a show scene, but they didn't lengthen the trough, so that is a moot point.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Seeing as how they combined the unload/load so they could squeeze in another show scene, capacity will probably go down. Before, load and unload were happening at the same time in two different locations. Now they will have to unload before they can load. Basically doubling the unload/load time. Since unload/load is going to take longer than before, I wonder if they are going to have a problem with the boats getting backed up?

And yes, they added a show scene, but they didn't lengthen the trough, so that is a moot point.

Technically, load/unload still happens at the same time, like Pirates, Small World, etc.

if they managed to figure out how to slow down the water current the ride should be closer to 4-5 min instead of 1and a half granted having only one station to load could add more wait but it all depends on how fast people want to board and exit

if they managed to figure out how to slow down the water current the ride should be closer to 4-5 min instead of 1and a half granted having only one station to load could add more wait but it all depends on how fast people want to board and exit

I think the ride already clocked in at about 4 minutes, did it not?

I think the ride already clocked in at about 4 minutes, did it not?

Correct, the ride was 4-4:27 minutes long.

As what's been mentioned before, I think Disney is gonna' find out the hard way they shouldn't have done this on the quick. If they took the time to expand the building and make the whole ride bigger, they could've upped the capacity and thoughtput since as it stands, Maelstrom just wasn't made to handle Frozen crowds.

Unless they are removing the reverser switches, there is no real way to speed up the throughput. They are what kills the ride's cycle times. Boats can be loaded and unloaded faster than the switches can dispatch boats.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
the track is the same but all the tech will be changing adding new boats switches AA,S and a few screens as well which makes me wonder if this will be a hybrid 3d AA RIDE