Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Frozen Ever After

Isn't it pathetic that they cannot design and build the theming for an already constructed ride within 18 months... I take it that this will still be a boat ride on the same ride path?

Yup. Sounds like there may be a minimal change to part of the track, but nothing major.

I think the project will turn out nice...but I think this entire project is mind-numbingly misguided. The ride's capacity is putrid, and I assume demand will far outstrip it.

Yup. Sounds like there may be a minimal change to part of the track, but nothing major.

I think the project will turn out nice...but I think this entire project is mind-numbingly misguided. The ride's capacity is putrid, and I assume demand will far outstrip it.

They have a rich IP after all... it merely needs to be highlights of the movie with a bunch of live icing projection mapping and a large few clever AA's.

As ever, imagineering will rethink and question themselves in one great big 360° circle. I worry that the Disney team would fall down if they had to walk and chew gum at the same time.

Was just there last week. Has anyone been in the little chapel area in the front lately? It was the old stuff but with Frozen shoehorned in all over the place whether it actually worked or not.

Well, the ride's capacity will probably be in the neighborhood of of 900 an hr. (Malestrom's alleged capacity). The park closes at 9:00 so it's only open for 12 hours. World Showcase doesn't open till noon, so if they stay with that time, the ride will have a capacity of apx. 8,100 a day. If they change policy & open it at 9:00 AM with the rest of the park the capacity will be apx. 10,800 a day. There are going to be a ton of people planning a vacation around Frozen especially when Disney slams the attraction on worldwide advertising, and those visitors will be livid if they can't get even one ride on it during a vacation trip. I'd hate to be working Epcot customer relations next year.

Well, the ride's capacity will probably be in the neighborhood of of 900 an hr. (Malestrom's alleged capacity). The park closes at 9:00 so it's only open for 12 hours. World Showcase doesn't open till noon, so if they stay with that time, the ride will have a capacity of apx. 8,100 a day. If they change policy & open it at 9:00 AM with the rest of the park the capacity will be apx. 10,800 a day. There are going to be a ton of people planning a vacation around Frozen especially when Disney slams the attraction on worldwide advertising, and those visitors will be livid if they can't get even one ride on it during a vacation trip. I'd hate to be working Epcot customer relations next year.
WS opens at 11, but yeah, only about a fourth of Epcot's average daily attendance will be able to ride it (36k IIRC).

I really wish I would have taken some pictures. The one that really stuck out to me was the chapel pictures they hung up.

WS opens at 11, but yeah, only about a fourth of Epcot's average daily attendance will be able to ride it (36k IIRC).
With how popular the ride will be, I really doubt Disney will be able to escape opening up Norwary (and possibly Mexico) at 9 with the rest of the park. It would just be a terrible decision for capacity reasons and considering Frozen is a big merchandising product for them.

^^^ I don't know, have you been to Star Wars Weekends this year? It's been kind of a disaster crowd management and cast member knowledge wise... No one knew what they were doing, false info was given, people were upset :bang: I love Disney a lot, don't get me wrong, but I bet you they'll fubar opening day and will be bombarded with enough negative feedback that they'll fix the situation later that week or so...

Guys "it's much more than just a retheme", "we are lucky to have this". The sad thing is that it'll probably get way more coverage than kong because Disney owns the press. Hopefully kong opens like a week or two after to just own them with awesomeness lol

The sad thing is that it'll probably get way more coverage than kong because Disney owns the press.

While this was once a bit true, it no longer holds with Comcast at the helm. It is now 50/50 as to who owns the press. The UOR advertisements up here in the north are near constant right now.

From the WSJ -

“we purposefully set a really audacious goal to get this thing done.” That’s one of the reasons why it’s a makeover of Maelstrom, rather than an entirely new attraction that would take longer to build.

The Disney difference folks....

Let's just cram in Norway for the cheap to capitalize on its momentum.