Frozen Ever After | Page 84 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm never going to work at guest services.
I prefer not to be yelled at.

Sometimes they earn it. I walked by guest relations last year at EPCOT wearing a Universal Studios shirt. One of them was outside and told me I was at the wrong park. The smart-ass in me decided at that moment I would always wear a Universal shirt at Disney from now on.

Last edited:
Sometimes they earn it. I walked by guest relations last year at EPCOT wearing a Universal Studios shirts. One of them was outside and told me I was at the wrong park. The smart-ass in me decided at that moment I would always wear a Universal shirt at Disney from now on.

That'll show them....

:lol:

Reactions: IzzyB
Thinking about the $150 million rumor, I will bet that was the total price for the attraction AND the meet and greet area and mountain off to the side. That would make sense to me.
Yes, the price is definitely all-encompassing of the project. And yes it's just a M&G, but they did fairly extensively theme that area so I can see a nice chunk of change allocated there.

Sometimes they earn it. I walked by guest relations last year at EPCOT wearing a Universal Studios shirts. One of them was outside and told me I was at the wrong park. The smart-ass in me decided at that moment I would always wear a Universal shirt at Disney from now on.
I don't know the person you speak of, but I do know having worked at Disney, most CMs have a bad sense of humor. He could very well have been joking and it just came off wrong. I mean, a good % of CMs work at both Uni and WDW or have Uni APs along with working at WDW. There really isn't much but respect for Uni inside of Disney (at least along front-lines and low-level managerial positions).

I don't know the person you speak of, but I do know having worked at Disney, most CMs have a bad sense of humor. He could very well have been joking and it just came off wrong. I mean, a good % of CMs work at both Uni and WDW or have Uni APs along with working at WDW. There really isn't much but respect for Uni inside of Disney (at least along front-lines and low-level managerial positions).

Other CMs made funny comments. This comment was meant as funny but came across as rude. I have never seen TMs at Universal do this over Disney apparel. Your comment about respect is spot on :cheers:. Now I intend to have fun with this in the future:tongue:

Reactions: Nick and Mad Dog
Thinking about the $150 million rumor, I will bet that was the total price for the attraction AND the meet and greet area and mountain off to the side. That would make sense to me.

This was my thoughts too. That figure makes way more sense when you include all that other stuff.

That projector still seems to big to fit into Olaf's head to project his eyes. I wonder if his eyes are small LED screens.

Still bugs me that they can create these very fluid looking AA's and then don't attempt to create a real face.

That projector still seems to big to fit into Olaf's head to project his eyes. I wonder if his eyes are small LED screens.

Still bugs me that they can create these very fluid looking AA's and then don't attempt to create a real face.

I'm very confident that Olaf's eyes are LEDs. That's usually how they accomplish eyes for small figures (think the snake in the Magic Lamp theater at TDS or Sebastian in TLM).

It's tough enough to create a properly emotive face on larger animatronics - think Ursula - so I can't blame them for coming up with new, simplified tech for petite faces. I too prefer fully physical AAs, though. Olaf in particular is stunning.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Not going to lie. This ride looks amazing. The animatronics are scary good. I've never seen them so realistic and smoothly moving before. I love that they used all the songs from Frozen in it, and strayed away from there being some sort of "villain" or something going wrong; instead, it's a happy, kid-friendly ride throughout. This is something Universal needs; just a simple dark ride.

I'd love to go to Epcot when I go to Orlando in August just for this ride.

I'm having a hard time distinguishing between screens and animatronics, which is very impressive. Their use of lighting really hides the projections versus AA's extremely well. I'm shocked.

I mean other than some of the faces, but the body motions were very fluid.

Last edited:
However Olaf is made, it's brilliant. i really hope we get more walking AAs because of it, amazing tech potential. Isn't it awesome we are all having a conversation about our own theories of how these effects work and function without knowing a definitive answer? Just goes shows how cool the effects are

I really think they needed to soft open this. At this point they should just shut it down and wait to work the bugs out. Who's bright idea was it to create a "hard" opening date in the first place? Probably the same genius that thought building a state of the art AA attraction on a two decade old ride system was a great idea too.

Reactions: ChrisFL
My guess is that with WDW attendance being soft or down so far this year, there was tremendous pressure from Disney Executives, looking to protect their jobs & bonuses, to open anything they could, ready or not.

The idea was to get this done cheap and fast. There were bound to be issues with that formula for "success". Still, Frozen is a winning IP and the ride looks good. Too bad they didn't just create a new land. Real or not it would have been popular and would have added to EPCOT instead of replacing.

Honestly - with 900 guests an hour the ride is running right where Toy Story Mania was at Studios before the third track opened.

So it won't be impossible to ride. But Epcot has always had significantly more guests than Studios on a given day.