Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Frozen Ever After

So we were talking about if Universal should maybe be a little more nostalgic or at least give recognition to its iconic properties. I side that they should.

This right here is where you begin to cross the line from Nostalgia to money grab/mess with people’s emotions. This shows Disney has no shame:

So we were talking about if Universal should maybe be a little more nostalgic or at least give recognition to its iconic properties. I side that they should.

This right here is where you begin to cross the line from Nostalgia to money grab/mess with people’s emotions. This shows Disney has no shame:

Why only for cast members if it’s almost 30 years old?

That's kind of gross. Where was the Maelstrom merchandise while the attraction actually existed?

This is classic disney intentionally manufactured to be rare merch. The anchor of the Disney pin system. These collectors are prob stashing beanie babies in their basements too.

Finally got to ride this today.

It's a very solid ride... for Fantasyland. Has no business being in Epcot. At all.

That said, just judging the ride itself, there is some impressive stuff in there, particularly the animatronics (each Olaf appearance is pretty terrific). I was surprised to see a few "dead areas" within the ride, but that's a pretty minor thing. It's a very respectable effort considering the space they were forced to work with.

Also, has anybody commented in this being a wetter experience than Maelstrom? I never got significantly wet after the drop on that ride, but my whole left side was nearly drenched on this one.

It's a very solid ride... for Fantasyland. Has no business being in Epcot. At all.

That said, just judging the ride itself, there is some impressive stuff in there, particularly the animatronics (each Olaf appearance is pretty terrific). I was surprised to see a few "dead areas" within the ride, but that's a pretty minor thing. It's a very respectable effort considering the space they were forced to work with.

Also, has anybody commented in this being a wetter experience than Maelstrom? I never got significantly wet after the drop on that ride, but my whole left side was nearly drenched on this one.
Apparently the drenching thing is a weight issue and something to do with the ride system being old.

I agree that this was a great effort considering space and ride system limitations.

That being said.....Disney missed the boat with the Fantasyland expansion. Circus area should have been Frozen Land/Arendelle & Little Mermaid should have been Beauty & the Beast trackless dark ride.

This video is a much harsher take than my own, but I don't think he's wrong on a lot of the fundamental points...

Thought some around here might find it of interest!

While Frozen probably deserved a brand spanking new attraction building, I can't say anything bad about the ride. I enjoyed it, and thought it was multiple times better than Maelstrom.

It probably deserved better than it got and I wonder if that’s all Disney are prepared to do with the IP unless Frozen 2 is a huge success.

I think it says a lot about Disney’s lack of confidence in their IPs and they don’t want a repeat of Test Track and Tron to happen again. They wait until success is proven before jumping on the bandwagon and by then it’s too late and they pull back on the scale.

As for the ride, like @Mad Dog said perfectly, I think it’s a solid addition and they done a great job with the space and ride system that was already there. I enjoyed it far more than I should have.