Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif
I'd like to give that comment five likes...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Reactions: Mike S
OK, I don't understand how a coaster can have an episode? It was shut? But for a mechanical breakdown? Couldn't be repaired today so "closed til further notice"?

Not sure if you are playing or I am just dense or some of both.
Thanks for humoring me.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
People always got to ruin things for other people...that sucks. Now they are probably going to be even more stringent on the nothing left in your pocket rules...unless it was a flip flop.

Reactions: Mike S
If you want roller coasters go to an amusement park.
Yes im late, but im here...

Ioa is a theme park and they still opened the (themepark) with 3 of them because they deemed it fit. So you can't really say go to an amusement park if you want coasters, when I'm only talking about the ones that have been there for 16yrs, Not asking for more coasters.

SnitchSeeker did an interview with Universal VP of Creative Thierry Coup back in April. The link at the bottom includes a transcript and video. Here are the highlights for us.

SnitchSeeker: Warner Bros announced when the Fantastic Beasts being made that going down the line there would be additions to the theme parks. Any ideas or concepts about that so far?
Thierry: We think Fantastic Beasts has great potential, just like the first books did and the first movies. We haven’t really gone too deep into figuring out what to do yet, but we can’t wait to see and to collaborate with the production to see what the movies are about. For now, there’s so much to explore already in the existing Wizarding World – so much to discover there.

What we’ve done is taken the stories in the books and the movies and leveraged all the depth of storytelling. So every time you come here you feel that you can discover something new. And when the time is right, why not? If Fantastic Beasts looks like it could be another great theme park experience, why not?
This sounds like Universal has access to do Fantastic Beasts but no contractual obligation to do by a specific date. Doesn't sound like he was in any hurry to do FB.

SnitchSeeker: Do you have one place in the Wizarding World that you’d like to create and see come to life?
Thierry: I would say the Ministry of Magic has always been my favorite place. If we can find a way, sure. Why not? Again, I think we have so many incredible places, we couldn’t bring all of them to the guests. What we did with J.K. Rowling and the filmmakers is we selected the ‘best of’ and the ones that were the most popular.

I think Harry Potter and the stories are so timeless, there could be a lot more coming in the future. But for now, again, there’s so much to explore with what we’ve created. Our guests can come back again and again and keep seeing new things. And we may add a few elements here and there just to surprise them. It’s part of the fun.

SnitchSeeker adds after the interview:
Do note that Coup has said on several occasions that he would love to see the Ministry of Magic come to life, and as he is in charge of bringing the attractions to Universal Parks, he has a huge say in whether or not this could happen. Warner Bros. announced and confirmed years ago that the parks will also see some Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them expansion sometime down the road, so that is expected as well.
MoM would likely go where Fear Factor is. I assume that is why Fear Factor is still there, as a placeholder.

Warner Bros has been adamant on many occasions about FB going into the parks. I suppose Coup could have been holding back on Universal's plans so as not to spoil any suprise.

EXCLUSIVE: Universal Studios' SVP Creative comments on possible Wizarding World park in UK - SnitchSeeker.com

PS Sorry about the click to expand on the quote boxes. First time I have used them to post text from elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.