Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I probably woudn't put Smiler in the same list as the other coasters for malfunctions.

It's been in the news again today,
Passengers Stranded On Alton Towers' Smiler Ride 'For An Hour'

I struggle to recall a coaster with so many issues. I remember covering construction on this, even got to meet the project manager and construction team and even way back during ground works they told me about problem after problem. Those early problems have been on going ever since!

Maybe like DC ( :topic:;)) it is time to call it a day, a ride can only take so much bad publicity, can't it?

I struggle to recall a coaster with so many issues. I remember covering construction on this, even got to meet the project manager and construction team and even way back during ground works they told me about problem after problem. Those early problems have been on going ever since!

Maybe like DC ( :topic:;)) it is time to call it a day, a ride can only take so much bad publicity, can't it?
Just saw this myself and posted it in another thread.

If Dragon Challenge was to follow Hulk's schedule it will be closing next Tuesday.
Honestly I don't feel Dragon Challenge needs the rebuild like Hulk got. It's still pretty smooth.

Also, if Hulk's rebuild is any indicator to smoothness, I'm definitely against the rebuild. I got beat up pretty bad on Hulk...way more than I ever have before and I've ridden that thing well over a hundred times.

I think any time anything goes wrong with Smiler now, it's news and is perfet for clickbait on Facebook. I'd still ride it personally but it probably has the worst reputation of any ride in the world currently.

Reactions: anihilnation
You should have a good day! This week has been slower for all the parks and Hermine is pulling away so it should just be cloud and breezy all day.
YESSS. THATS WHAT I HEARD. I went one time during February, and granted it was raining, but no, absolutely no one was in the park. It also gave the wizard in world a nice colder and gloomier feel, which I liked.

I'm behind. Are they really going to close down a ride forever without any kind of public send off? It seems like Universal gives big rides (Jaws) some warning so people can experience the ride for the last time.

I'm behind. Are they really going to close down a ride forever without any kind of public send off? It seems like Universal gives big rides (Jaws) some warning so people can experience the ride for the last time.

Nothing is confirmed at the moment. I'm sure Universal will give at least a week's notice.

Reactions: Mike S
It's a major attraction with a fan following. I can't think of a situation where Universal hasn't given ample notice for its popular rides. The only rides closing in recent memory without any notice were Twister and Disaster, if I'm correct

Reactions: LJGonz
It's a major attraction with a fan following. I can't think of a situation where Universal hasn't given ample notice for its popular rides. The only rides closing in recent memory without any notice were Twister and Disaster, if I'm correct

Spectacular one of the trivia questions asked was "Which two popular characters have died in the past year?" With the answer being, "If you said Bleeding Gums Murphy and Dr. Marvin Monroe you were wrong, they were never popular,"

Status
Not open for further replies.