Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a major attraction with a fan following. I can't think of a situation where Universal hasn't given ample notice for its popular rides. The only rides closing in recent memory without any notice were Twister and Disaster, if I'm correct

Disaster definitely had notice--I remember deliberately catching a friend's final show.

I somewhat remember the blog-o-sphere descending on Twister its final day, as well. Nothing along the lines of getting a free pin like when Kong-frontation shut down, but there was at least some notice/acknowledgment.

My guess is that they will start work right after a demolition permit is issued, so the time from notice to closure will likely be very short. I am assuming a permit has not shown up yet.

Reactions: Mike S
Disaster definitely had notice--I remember deliberately catching a friend's final show.

I somewhat remember the blog-o-sphere descending on Twister its final day, as well. Nothing along the lines of getting a free pin like when Kong-frontation shut down, but there was at least some notice/acknowledgment.
Yes, in fact, they published the closing day before they advised us (the staff) of it. Created a rather awkward moment. But at least at closing we got a private show, the last ride, and a nice big party with food, drinks, an awesome cake, a closing day T-Shirts. :) <Id post a picture of the cake but not sure how to do it from iPhoto>

You guys don't want 3D. Every time I ride it over here I take my goggles off for the show scenes and slide them back on for the domes.

Only did Orlando once but from memory I enjoyed quite a bit it more (earlier programing too), was mildly disappointed when I got off our version.

Wearing sunglasses on a ride where its 2/3rds practical really hurts it for me personally.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Seems like Dragon Challenge is living on borrowed time. It won't happen, but if DC was really just getting a Hulk style refurb I want this.
landscape-1429021537-michael-slovis-game-of-thrones-dragon.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.