Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to IOA today and it was really fun. I rode hulk first, and closed my eyes form the launch but opened them after. I loved the dessert scene in the back part. As well as the element after the loop in the back, it look like an incline boomerang or something like that. And I love the mid course brake run, cuz the drop has a bit of airtime. After the roll is when u start to hear the music and notice the dessert scenery. I rode it a second time no eyes closed. Also I LOVE LOVE LOVE the noise the launch makes and the roar. The wizarding world of Harry Potter doesn't have that charm that it used to. It looks a little worn and the forbidden journey ride, this time seemed to have a problem cuz I could see EVERYTHING. I could see the floor, the outer layer of the dome screen, I could see the horrible graphics of the cgi, but I saw much more clearly the chamber of secrets at the end. In all it wasn't a feeling of a wizarding world attraction. Also I saw the castle building more clearly from jp and the rock work on the castle has a lot of white splotches. The wizarding world didn't seem that wimsicle anymore. Also I was on DC and it was raining, so I was a bit uncomfortable and I noticed that all the cars give off a really screechy noise, and they rumble a lot. I kinda wouldn't be in agony if this ride was taken out. The wizarding world also is always a zoo. There's too many people. I also rode Kong and it was super realistic and awesome. It was just too short. The part with the double screen walls could be better. I could see where the screen ended, and it wasn't all the way to the floor, which it should be. The que was AMAZING tho. I'm going tom to do Kong again cuz my brother didn't go and then to universal.

I went to IOA today and it was really fun. I rode hulk first, and closed my eyes form the launch but opened them after. I loved the dessert scene in the back part. As well as the element after the loop in the back, it look like an incline boomerang or something like that. And I love the mid course brake run, cuz the drop has a bit of airtime. After the roll is when u start to hear the music and notice the dessert scenery. I rode it a second time no eyes closed. Also I LOVE LOVE LOVE the noise the launch makes and the roar. The wizarding world of Harry Potter doesn't have that charm that it used to. It looks a little worn and the forbidden journey ride, this time seemed to have a problem cuz I could see EVERYTHING. I could see the floor, the outer layer of the dome screen, I could see the horrible graphics of the cgi, but I saw much more clearly the chamber of secrets at the end. In all it wasn't a feeling of a wizarding world attraction. Also I saw the castle building more clearly from jp and the rock work on the castle has a lot of white splotches. The wizarding world didn't seem that wimsicle anymore. Also I was on DC and it was raining, so I was a bit uncomfortable and I noticed that all the cars give off a really screechy noise, and they rumble a lot. I kinda wouldn't be in agony if this ride was taken out. The wizarding world also is always a zoo. There's too many people. I also rode Kong and it was super realistic and awesome. It was just too short. The part with the double screen walls could be better. I could see where the screen ended, and it wasn't all the way to the floor, which it should be. The que was AMAZING tho. I'm going tom to do Kong again cuz my brother didn't go and then to universal.

And why is this on here where instead, you could of made your own thread in the trip report section?

That being said..
  • "The wizarding world also is always a zoo. There's too many people." You do need to remember, you are at the resort on LABOR DAY WEEKEND. Not to mention, a weekend; you went on a weekend that is much like Memorial Day and Fourth of July in terms of hellish times of operations..
  • "It was just too short. The part with the double screen walls could be better. I could see where the screen ended, and it wasn't all the way to the floor, which it should be." I would ask this, was it raining during your ride on Reign of Kong? Because if so, that's probably why it was a short ride for you; as it was re-routed on it's in climate weather path (which is still one of the best moves that Universal has made; regardless if you lose story..).
  • "It looks a little worn" Define worn when it comes to Potter..?
  • "this time seemed to have a problem cuz I could see EVERYTHING. I could see the floor, the outer layer of the dome screen, I could see the horrible graphics of the cgi, but I saw much more clearly the chamber of secrets at the end." It's best to keep in mind that there have been rumors of FJ getting 3D for quite some time..which, actually thinking about it; wouldn't it be a smart move to have the DC replacement and FJ enhancements occur as the headlining aspects to the Third Phase of Potter (besides potential theme of area..)? I am pointing this out to everyone here, and not just to Lucas....

rumors of FJ getting 3D for quite some time..which, actually thinking about it; wouldn't it be a smart move to have the DC replacement and FJ enhancements occur as the headlining aspects to the Third Phase of Potter (besides potential theme of area..)? I am pointing this out to everyone here, and not just to Lucas....
I've never been on the other versions of Forbidden journey but I really hope they don't update Forbidden journey to include 3D, to me the ride is so perfect the way it is, adding 3D glasses will only make more motion sick and give the more is less effect to it. Forbidden journey actually makes you feel like you're in harry potter, i don't need glasses to do that. plus gringotts is already 3D, they need to really give diversity in there ride systems/effects.

I've never been on the other versions of Forbidden journey but I really hope they don't update Forbidden journey to include 3D, to me the ride is so perfect the way it is, adding 3D glasses will only make more motion sick and give the more is less effect to it. Forbidden journey actually makes you feel like you're in harry potter, i don't need glasses to do that. plus gringotts is already 3D, they need to really give diversity in there ride systems/effects.

To me, the 3D actually makes things pop out a lot more than I thought it would, and that it narrows your view of the Carousel domes outer bits in a good way. Although that's my opinion; I do think you guys will be receiving upgrades to FJ in the future to make it closer to Hollywood's version..

Reactions: awhen and Mike S
To me, the 3D actually makes things pop out a lot more than I thought it would, and that it narrows your view of the Carousel domes outer bits in a good way. Although that's my opinion; I do think you guys will be receiving upgrades to FJ in the future to make it closer to Hollywood's version..

I hope not. When they first opened this it was great, you felt like you were flying with Harry but they changed the profile over the years and the projectors and screens dimmed so it is not the same. Put it back to original and dump the 3D ideas. It will be what spiked the attendance again and I will be happy. This profile makes me unsettled and some of it is due to the projection and the screens.

Sorry :topic:

Last edited:
I'd love to see the Dementors come over from Hollywood and I'm curious about the 3D. Tbh I also want one of those Quidditch style pair of 3D glasses :cool:
I hope not. When they first opened this it was great, you felt like you were flying with Harry but they changed the profile over the years and the projectors and screens dimmed so it is not the same. Put it back to original and dump the 3D ideas. It will be what spiked the attendance again and I will be happy. This profile makes me unsettled and some of it is due to the projection and the screens.

Sorry :topic:
I don't even fully remember the original profile. When was it changed?

And why is this on here where instead, you could of made your own thread in the trip report section?

That being said..
  • "The wizarding world also is always a zoo. There's too many people." You do need to remember, you are at the resort on LABOR DAY WEEKEND. Not to mention, a weekend; you went on a weekend that is much like Memorial Day and Fourth of July in terms of hellish times of operations..
  • "It was just too short. The part with the double screen walls could be better. I could see where the screen ended, and it wasn't all the way to the floor, which it should be." I would ask this, was it raining during your ride on Reign of Kong? Because if so, that's probably why it was a short ride for you; as it was re-routed on it's in climate weather path (which is still one of the best moves that Universal has made; regardless if you lose story..).
  • "It looks a little worn" Define worn when it comes to Potter..?
  • "this time seemed to have a problem cuz I could see EVERYTHING. I could see the floor, the outer layer of the dome screen, I could see the horrible graphics of the cgi, but I saw much more clearly the chamber of secrets at the end." It's best to keep in mind that there have been rumors of FJ getting 3D for quite some time..which, actually thinking about it; wouldn't it be a smart move to have the DC replacement and FJ enhancements occur as the headlining aspects to the Third Phase of Potter (besides potential theme of area..)? I am pointing this out to everyone here, and not just to Lucas....
Thank your for the info. But even though it was Labor Day weekend, a tropical storm was going to hit. I was expecting less ppl, even though it wasn't as packed as usual. But potter world is ALWAYS packed.

Thank your for the info. But even though it was Labor Day weekend, a tropical storm was going to hit. I was expecting less ppl, even though it wasn't as packed as usual. But potter world is ALWAYS packed.
Go to the magic kingdom and report back if you're talking about being packed. When i went during February there was a 15 minute wait for Forbidden journey, i've also checked the wait times multiple times randomly during the summer and both harry potter headliners have had low wait times. Magic kingdom has 20.5 million people flooding in their gates yearly while universal studios florida has about 9 million and Islands Of Adventure 8 million...

This could actually be a clue that 3D is coming. Wearing 3D glasses darkens everything around you so they could have made everything a bit brighter for when it arrives.

I think some of the changes were to lessen the motion sickness complaints......If so, seems like it's worked to a degree. In the first couple of years I used to get pretty queasy after riding. Now, since they've been making changes the last 2-3 years, I barely notice any queasiness. And it seems like the screens are not as blurred as they were in the beginning years. Not great screens yet, but better than they were.

I think some of the changes were to lessen the motion sickness complaints......If so, seems like it's worked to a degree. In the first couple of years I used to get pretty queasy after riding. Now, since they've been making changes the last 2-3 years, I barely notice any queasiness. And it seems like the screens are not as blurred as they were in the beginning years. Not great screens yet, but better than they were.

That was always my complaint with FJ. In the group of 4 I went with, I was the only one to feel queasy after riding. The Simpsons made us all feel that way though.

That was always my complaint with FJ. In the group of 4 I went with, I was the only one to feel queasy after riding. The Simpsons made us all feel that way though.
I'm generally OK with the Simpson's though. My major problems are with really fast spinners (I'm OK with slower ones like Kang & Kudos & Red Fish Blue Fish) and coasters of the Dragon Challenge type. :sick:

I'm generally OK with the Simpson's though. My major problems are with really fast spinners (I'm OK with slower ones like Kang & Kudos & Red Fish Blue Fish) and coasters of the Dragon Challenge type. :sick:

My mum used to be able to go on every coaster no problem. My brother made a point of riding Kumba 7x in a row and my mum rode with him and then the next year we went on tea cups and pushed it as hard as we could and she's never been able to ride a coaster since.

Status
Not open for further replies.