Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whooooo. That doesn't sound like the Teebin we know. Stand up, shake out the cobwebs, and remember, "THE TOUGH GET GOING". Onward. Get out there fighting. :box:

I am all tuckered out and fulfilled mr man. I always wanted to know the how, why and when of themed park mega attractions and how UC and its big vendors operate. As of the past two years, I know. I guess I got used to info being served to me on fine china with silver plate and a nice starched cotton napkin.

Sadly, coasters are not on the menu...

Reactions: Joel and Mike S
I am all tuckered out and fulfilled mr man. I always wanted to know the how, why and when of themed park mega attractions and how UC and its big vendors operate. As of the past two years, I know. I guess I got used to info being served to me on fine china with silver plate and a nice starched cotton napkin.

Sadly, coasters are not on the menu...
You're never to old to test & enjoy new items on the menu that you never tried before. Think of this as a big juicy Krusty Burger at a Springfield counter service restaurant. No linen, No China. Just paper napkins and atmosphere ....Never say never...Get crackin. :) :box:

Reactions: Joel and Mike S
If it was me, I would take it and create two attractions...One involving Durmstrang Institute Ship which is an extreme dark ride based on the dark school from Romania and then the other ride a light and lovely dark ride through Beauxbatons Academy of Magic Carriage. For the queue with Durmstrang being a ship having rocking and lightly swaying floors like an actual boat until you reach the ride platform and for Beauxbations just make it colorful and light with pretty girls everywhere.

If it's a dark secret I would go for Malfoy Manor trackless dark ride on 2 levels. Think Mystic Manor but with evil characters from the Potter universe in there. I can dream, right?

If it was me, I would take it and create two attractions...One involving Durmstrang Institute Ship which is an extreme dark ride based on the dark school from Romania and then the other ride a light and lovely dark ride through Beauxbatons Academy of Magic Carriage. For the queue with Durmstrang being a ship having rocking and lightly swaying floors like an actual boat until you reach the ride platform and for Beauxbations just make it colorful and light with pretty girls everywhere.

I tend to favor ideas such as these two because it would be much easier to get these secondary actors back to film roles for the rides.

Reactions: Mad Dog
The plans are still to close Dragon Challenge, but the replacement(s) are in flux (or were recently.)

I remain excited about the possibilities.

If your replacementS ends up being true I too will be excited. There is so much valuable real estate there that could be utilized to ease some of the congestion around Hogsmeade.

Reactions: Mike S and Joel
Personally, my dream for the area is a Haunted Mansion-esque Forbidden Forest dark ride and the long awaited Great Hall dining area. I feel like both Wizard Worlds could use more things for families to do. My little siblings who like Harry Potter and my mom who gets motion sickness can do barely anything at Universal in general, so at least one ride they can do at the spotlight land (that doesn't require a ticket upcharge to ride) would be nice.

This is why I'm hoping if it is a coaster, it's indoor and highly themed. I would hope for it to be an attraction unlikely to be found at your local 6 flags. That's my hope.
Any new ride in IoA from now on absolutely needs to be indoors. Too much closes in rain/thunder.
Personally, my dream for the area is a Haunted Mansion-esque Forbidden Forest dark ride and the long awaited Great Hall dining area. I feel like both Wizard Worlds could use more things for families to do. My little siblings who like Harry Potter and my mom who gets motion sickness can do barely anything at Universal in general, so at least one ride they can do at the spotlight land (that doesn't require a ticket upcharge to ride) would be nice.
Great Hall not happening but I agree with the first bit.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.