Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, my dream for the area is a Haunted Mansion-esque Forbidden Forest dark ride and the long awaited Great Hall dining area. I feel like both Wizard Worlds could use more things for families to do. My little siblings who like Harry Potter and my mom who gets motion sickness can do barely anything at Universal in general, so at least one ride they can do at the spotlight land (that doesn't require a ticket upcharge to ride) would be nice.
When I was on the Hogwarts express and the scene with the Ford Anglia in the dark forest was on I thought the same. So many possibilities. Plus we had a few days rain when in IOA this year and very few indoor rides except SM, FJ and now Kong which had 120 mins queue the one day and was down the other.

Reactions: Mike S
Finally got to ride the HE last night. DC is a huge distraction from the station. I'd say add some trees to hide it but it's so close, nothing can really be done.

zVt1T6k.jpg

Credit to Universal for being able to squeeze it in and for something that is essentially just transport, it was an amazing experience.

There was an adorable wee boy who must have been about 3 saying that once we arrived back in the station he could see ghosts. He was looking at the steam, when he was asked where they were, he pointed and said on the TV.

Finally got to ride the HE last night. DC is a huge distraction from the station. I'd say add some trees to hide it but it's so close, nothing can really be done.
The fiancee and I watched Order of the Phoenix last night. The missing trees at the station are one of the biggest differences between the parks and films. Hopefully this can be rectified when Dragon Challenge glows away.

If a Great Hall restaurant doesn't happen, I'll be completely confused. Thats the one last Harry Potter location left that is a sure fire, take my money now, hit.

I never understood why they didn't do this. It seems like it would be an endless money pit. I mean this would be a make a reservation as soon as reservations open up or don't get a seat thing. It just would be massively popular for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner and the popularity would continue for a very very long time. Does maybe JK not want it?

Reactions: fryoj
I never understood why they didn't do this. It seems like it would be an endless money pit. I mean this would be a make a reservation as soon as reservations open up or don't get a seat thing. It just would be massively popular for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner and the popularity would continue for a very very long time. Does maybe JK not want it?
I can see why they didn't build it with the original land, but I cannot wrap my head around why they haven't done it in Japan and/or Hollywood.

I can see why they didn't build it with the original land, but I cannot wrap my head around why they haven't done it in Japan and/or Hollywood.

Agreed, the money was not there at the time, so totally get that. But they had a ton of money for Japan and Hollywood, so why not make the changes there.

Reactions: SeventyOne
It would be a strange area for the Hogwarts castle dinning hall because the castle is somewhere else.
I'd love to have that restaurant but then on top off The Forbidden Journey. They could build out the rest of the castle as an exterior and have an elevator to go to the roof (themed like a fireplace and have a floo powder effect in it). It won't take up any space either.

Reactions: Scott W.
I think they could fit in a Great Hall dining space that's technically not connected to Hogwarts, they'd just have to use some clever design and perspective. And while they're at it, they could cover up the FJ showbuilding too... pretty please?

I think they would do better making interactive experiences such real life wizard chess, potions class, experience the dark side of hogwarts in the dungeons, visit the Astronomy tower. One of the biggest problems is despite how awesome the castle tour is...its not tangible. Like you can't really interact with anything. It would make sense for them to expand them make things you can react to and interact with.

I also think Hogsmeade has already enough dining experiences and the great hall may be the thing were it doesn't make things feasible. However, the Great Hall was used for a great many things, (Triwizard tournament cup, sleeping quarters during attacks and bad things, exams, large scale meeetings)

Status
Not open for further replies.