Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 51 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a Great Hall restaurant doesn't happen, I'll be completely confused. Thats the one last Harry Potter location left that is a sure fire, take my money now, hit.

I believe this is likely true based on general things that I know and the way UC operates.

@Teebin, I know you have to be careful of what you reveal to protect your sources, so I won't even ask about specific plans. But can you explain anything about UC's mo? I'm incredibly interested in how that beast runs.

@Teebin, I know you have to be careful of what you reveal to protect your sources, so I won't even ask about specific plans. But can you explain anything about UC's mo? I'm incredibly interested in how that beast runs.

I wouldn't know where to begin! :)

I can only state that it is a tight and fun ship, when it ain't stressful as hell. Mark Woodbury appears to have his finger on the pulse of everything going on, from marketing to Comcast, IP holders; on and on. As I said recently, they run a tight budget once everything has been decided on and there are far fewer arguments once they are in the field.

Too, in the past 3 years UC has pulled a few clever biz moves that left Disney in the lurch. I told you all about Nassal, but I have been told that there were other such buyouts/commitments contracted l o n g term. It is quite nasty yet clever.

Thank goodness Universal got Potter.

Last edited:

I can only state that it is a tight and fun ship, when it ain't stressful as hell. Mark Woodbury appears to have his finger on the pulse of everything going on, from marketing to Comcast; on and on. As I said recently, they run a tight budget once everything has been decided on and there are far fewer arguments once they are in the field.

Too, in the past 3 years UC has pulled a few clever biz moves that left Disney in the lurch. I told you all about Nassal, but I have been told that there were other such buyouts/commitments contracted l o n g term. It is quite nasty yet clever.

I'll bite, is that one of the reasons to why Universal has gotten a contract with Christie? I'm just curious about that..

I can only state that it is a tight and fun ship, when it ain't stressful as hell. Mark Woodbury appears to have his finger on the pulse of everything going on, from marketing to Comcast; on and on. As I said recently, they run a tight budget once everything has been decided on and there are far fewer arguments once they are in the field.

That deal and the Kuka deal caused a paradigm shift across the industry.

Books will be written about it. Mainly because of how it affected Disney.

I'll bite, is that one of the reasons to why Universal has gotten a contract with Christie? I'm just curious about that..

I don't know a thing about what they might have done with Christie, just that they booked up some big vendors long term. So booked that the vendors can't expand fast enough for a Disney project. I do know that Disney has even sputtered and offered more money to no avail. (Imagineering seems to be clever at trying to solve problems with unreasonable amounts of money) I even know what the projects are... but I ain't saying here!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S
And to think that Disney was trying to develop an The Incredible's attraction with the Kuka tech..
Disney was the front runner to get both Potter and Kuka, but their arrogance and Steve Burke's aggressive power play, remember this was pre-Comcast, changed everything. And it caught Disney off guard, but they sloughed it off, no big deal. Right?

Then this happened.

Harry-Potter-Grand-Opening.jpg

Then this happened

McLLX6k8i.jpeg

Christie isn't an exclusive contract. It is a sponsorship type deal. Universal gets a break on price if they plaster the name Christie around the attractions.

Doesn't the Kuka contract expire early next year though? Whats the next big thing after Kuka arms?

I believe it actually expired last year. But it is such an expensive and complex system I wouldn't expect Six Flags to be buying one anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.