Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always figured Fantastic Beasts could bridge the area between the Ghostbusters corner and the IOA Hogwarts Express Station. It could have dual entrance/exits, meaning you can only access with a 2-park pass (like Hogwarts Express, only you could exit to either park). North side could fit the New York area, south side fits the Forbidden Forest. They've got a parking lot back there that can fit a Transformers-sized ride, and knock down or utilize 2 soundstages and you have an area the size of Diagon that doesn't replace any guest areas. Or hide the Hogwarts express as a mid-century elevated railway, and allow guests to safely pass under it, and you have full access to the backstage land.

I had heard somewhere that the USH version of HP was going to have The Great Dining Hall from the movie, but I don't think it was ever added.
Is it possible to remove Dragon Challenge and build either a Forbidden Forrest dark ride or even a Great Dining Hall there and then possibly rebuild Dragon Challenge over it but of course UC should re-theme it with darker track and vehicles (shaped like HP dragons) that have you flying through caverns so the coaster track isn't so visible from Hogsmeade? Would it be too high because of the FL height restrictions?

I'd hate to see the awesome details over at Sinbad go away but that area could also be an expansion for future HP.

I always figured Fantastic Beasts could bridge the area between the Ghostbusters corner and the IOA Hogwarts Express Station. It could have dual entrance/exits, meaning you can only access with a 2-park pass (like Hogwarts Express, only you could exit to either park). North side could fit the New York area, south side fits the Forbidden Forest. They've got a parking lot back there that can fit a Transformers-sized ride, and knock down or utilize 2 soundstages and you have an area the size of Diagon that doesn't replace any guest areas. Or hide the Hogwarts express as a mid-century elevated railway, and allow guests to safely pass under it, and you have full access to the backstage land.

I don't think fantastic beasts should be a thing until the movies near an end and they are able to get a better a hold on the detail and concept of the land

I would absolutely miss Mythos and Poseidon's Fury. There's nothing remotely like PF in either park, which makes it a unique experience. It rounds out IOA's attraction roster in a nice way. For me, anyway.
It's an OG attraction, and taking that land away would be really sad. The facades are so nice

Reactions: belloq87
I had heard somewhere that the USH version of HP was going to have The Great Dining Hall from the movie, but I don't think it was ever added.
Is it possible to remove Dragon Challenge and build either a Forbidden Forrest dark ride or even a Great Dining Hall there and then possibly rebuild Dragon Challenge over it but of course UC should re-theme it with darker track and vehicles (shaped like HP dragons) that have you flying through caverns so the coaster track isn't so visible from Hogsmeade? Would it be too high because of the FL height restrictions?

I'd hate to see the awesome details over at Sinbad go away but that area could also be an expansion for future HP.

I would like a HP expansion on the LC area. Only the market places should be cut off, not the major facades.

FB land is a no go. Theirs already a New York area in Universal, and Paris or other countries is an Epcot thing. No ones traveling back in time, and FB isn't a staple in the wizarding world. It's not as popular as Harry Potter and the landmarks aren't known as well.

Lost Continent can be redone- but please no more potter. If we have to have more potter, take Fear Factor and finally give us MoM. But IoA absolutely doesn't need more. Whatever they fit in DC's spot will more than fill any potter itch someone might have. LC is simply potter overboard.

Reactions: Cheezbat and LJGonz
Lost Continent can be redone- but please no more potter. If we have to have more potter, take Fear Factor and finally give us MoM. But IoA absolutely doesn't need more. Whatever they fit in DC's spot will more than fill any potter itch someone might have. LC is simply potter overboard.

Realistically, I can see one big more push for Potter then I think that's it. Even if they started something tomorrow, it could take 2 years to build and then they're opening a ride 8 years after the series finished.

They'll probably wait and see how FB does with the next few movies before making any kind of commitment.

Because there's obviously a troll in the dungeon.

Nice. Very nice. Both in the literal and metaphorical references. :hail:

So, back to JP Expansion, we have discussed adding a ride across the walkway from the River Adventure. Is Kong the last push into Toon Landing? I would think that Jurassic Park is fairly limited beyond the area where Encounter was located. I wonder if they'll use the new park to expand JP into Jurassic World? Doubtful but that would be interesting. Plus, I'd just about kill for them to build a water ride with that scene from JW where there are dinos's on each side (more than how River Adventure portrays it).

Reactions: Mike S
Honestly, I really hate anime too. There's something about the art style that is very off-putting. I'm indifferent towards Mario, though. The brand means nothing to me personally.

I also hope that Universal stays a movie-centered theme park with real life locations and sets. I've always found Springfield to be a jarring transition. The place has always looked tacky.

I still don't know why they couldn't use more mature IPs for rides. A Jason Bourne ride would be awesome and would attract a whole new demographic.
Universal (at least Islands of Adventure) orginally was mainly based off of books instead of movies. For example, the jurassic park river ride is entirely base/inspired upon the book, the marvel area is based on comics, Seus landing on Dr.seus books, ET based off the book, and i believe ripsaw is based off a picture cartoon. All that's really happening is Universal representing a different form of media for storytelling.

Reactions: snayberry
Curiosity. Since there are multiple rumors that DC will be disappearing within the next couple of years, why is the popular belief or is it just mass opinion that it will be a dark ride. I love the thrill coaster that is DC and would hate to see it replaced by an indoor ride. I see how it is viable due to weather but just curious why they would replace a thrill with something way more subdued. Unless it was something like Disney Aerosmith ride. I would be all for that thrill ride. thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: Chase3 and USO92
Curiosity. Since there are multiple rumors that DC will be disappearing within the next couple of years, why is the popular belief or is it just mass opinion that it will be a dark ride. I love the thrill coaster that is DC and would hate to see it replaced by an indoor ride. I see how it is viable due to weather but just curious why they would replace a thrill with something way more subdued. Unless it was something like Disney silversmith ride. I would be all for that thrill ride. thoughts?

The general consensus is that a dark ride in the place of DC would be more family friendly. It would also open the door for a more immersive environment as well as an expansion of what is already offered through the Wizarding World. :cheers:

Reactions: Mike S
Status
Not open for further replies.