Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This Orlando Weekly article talks about rumors regarding Fantastic Beasts going into Dragon Challenge. It references rumors old and new I have never heard. Rumors they have heard set a possible FB area opening in 2020-2022.

There's a rumor Harry Potter's 'Fantastic Beasts' might kill off the Dragon Challenge coaster at Universal Orlando | Blogs

Many have speculated such an area would go in the third/South park. I doubt it. FB is being set in a different continent each movie. Without well known settings like HP it would more likely be a mini land than a full land. That would go better in the existing parks. Besides, since the FB settings are in major cities I can't imagine the new park wanting to recreate a city like New York or Paris.

FB recently announced casting has started for a young Dumbledore. We will see new schools and much more of the Wizarding World over five movies. I can't imagine US passing up on all that merchandising opportunities.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Mike S
This Orlando Weekly article talks about rumors regarding Fantastic Beasts going into Dragon Challenge. It references rumors old and new I have never heard. Rumors they have heard set a possible FB area opening in 2020-2022.

There's a rumor Harry Potter's 'Fantastic Beasts' might kill off the Dragon Challenge coaster at Universal Orlando | Blogs

Many have speculated such an area would go in the third/South park. I doubt it. FB is being set in a different continent each movie. Without well known settings like HP it would more likely be a mini land than a full land. That would go better in the existing parks. Besides, since the FB settings are in major cities I can't imagine the new park wanting to recreate a city like New York or Paris.

FB recently announced casting has started for a young Dumbledore. We will see new schools and much more of the Wizarding World over five movies. I can't imagine US passing up on all that merchandising opportunities.

But can you see Rowling approving Paris or New York being right outside the gates of Hogsmeade? She will have a say in this, so I can't really see FB in IOA unless Newt is in the Forbidden forest for some reason.

Reactions: Mike S and Frogki
But can you see Rowling approving Paris or New York being right outside the gates of Hogsmeade? She will have a say in this, so I can't really see FB in IOA unless Newt is in the Forbidden forest for some reason.
You can put a wall/forbidden forest in between then have people magically transported in time and space to it. If everything is indoors or at least covered you wouldn't know what it was from the outside.

Exactly. I still favor my idea of his ghost giving a tour.

Universal is predominantly the park that has the real life location facades (thats why I hope that if Nintendo is going into Kidszone the exterior is a Japanese cityscape with an arcade an sushi restaurant).

IOA is fantasy based and Paris or New York would clash. I hope the Malfoy clan will be presented in the Fantastic Beasts movies so a Malfoy Manor can be erected on the coaster plot. Make it a trackless Mystic Manor inspired ride for the whole family.

Reactions: fryoj
Story wise it can be done. We know Newt is expelled from Hogwarts, and Dumbledore was trying to protect him. Michael Gambon preshow where we enter his memory in a pensive, then young Dumbledore and Newt on the grounds and in the Forbidden Forrest.

We'll know the story of his expulsion a week from today.

To me, FB i have to believe will be saved for the third gate. We have knowledge that the future films will take place in other locations across the planet; and I think Universal is going to wait till FB2 or FB3 to capitalize on it for a future attraction.

That being said, another reason why I'd imagine that Universal Creative is going to wait is because of one thing..the cast.

You have Eddie Redmayne, Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell, Ezra Miller, and whoever they cast as Dumbledore; including locations like Paris, NY, and potentially more places in the 20's/30's that would be much better on new land like the third gate for attractions and lands.

That being said, when it comes to the DC replacement, I think that whatever replaces it is a coaster; but I don't think that it will be purely a coaster. While it was covered a bit in FJ, expanding upon the concept of the Forbidden Forest makes much more sense in location placement and theming placement.

I have proposed (I think) a good idea. How about Universal nock down one of their shows in the LC area. More so the sinbad show than Poseidon's fury, having to do with the fact that the sinbad show is closer to the original DC, and moving DC into the middle of the lost content is a no go. Having more space on the edge of LC is better to..... squeeze DC into sinbads space and replace a horrible show that no one watches with a great ride that balances the hulks height. We can all admit that the lost continent has one of the nicest scenery pieces in the park, but when it comes to attractions its the worst island. Ive come to conclusion that the only reason why people watch the shows is because of the really cool facade. If it weren't for people never having been on it, there would be NO LINE. I've cut the coaster and moved it to where sinbads show will be replaced. Its a tight fit but, it could happen. DC could then be changed to DD and we can all get that diagon alley sized expansion we want. Its just a small possibility I came up with.

I have proposed (I think) a good idea. How about Universal nock down one of their shows in the LC area. More so the sinbad show than Poseidon's fury, having to do with the fact that the sinbad show is closer to the original DC, and moving DC into the middle of the lost content is a no go. Having more space on the edge of LC is better to..... squeeze DC into sinbads space and replace a horrible show that no one watches with a great ride that balances the hulks height. We can all admit that the lost continent has one of the nicest scenery pieces in the park, but when it comes to attractions its the worst island. Ive come to conclusion that the only reason why people watch the shows is because of the really cool facade. If it weren't for people never having been on it, there would be NO LINE. I've cut the coaster and moved it to where sinbads show will be replaced. Its a tight fit but, it could happen. DC could then be changed to DD and we can all get that diagon alley sized expansion we want. Its just a small possibility I came up with.

Universal won't spend money nor time to move DC a few feet down. If your idea came to light, it would be a new coaster/dark ride being built. No way will they spend $10 million on destroying the theater and rebuilding the coaster when they can build a new ride for just an extra $15-20 mil more.

Universal won't spend money nor time to move DC a few feet down. If your idea came to light, it would be a new coaster/dark ride being built. No way will they spend $10 million on destroying the theater and rebuilding the coaster when they can build a new ride for just an extra $15-20 mil more.
While I agree that they won't move DC, You are talking about a company that just spent million completely tearing down Hulk and rebuilding the exact same ride.

Well, if you moved DC back to lost continent, then they can keep DC and put in a dark ride in its place

Status
Not open for further replies.