Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's more likely, as has been suggested, they have more projects than they have money they are willing to spend. I'd say they are starting to get the first hard estimates of what the new park, Citiwalk, and resorts on the south property, plus whatever they are going to build at the Wet N Wild plot, and the bean counters are putting on the brakes. I'm sure we are talking Billions of dollars to do those two projects not including whatever infrastructure they are planning for shuttling guests between the areas. While everything is profitable and building more stuff means more profit, it's not as simple as just writing the checks and saying get it done. I'd say the DC project is just a victim of that process. It will still probably happen, but they got a lot of ducks to get in a row right now.

Reactions: Mike S
Typical business readjustments after new acquisitions. If they weren't rethinking projects, after the land & Dreamworks acquisition, they would be greatly amiss. Reevaluation in this circumstance is a normal, valued business practice.

Reactions: Mike S
Comcast said a new ride for both parks every year. I just wish they would be consistent.
Comcast promised to investing half a billion dollars a year in its theme parks worldwide (besides hotels, infrastructure, restaurants, buying land in Orlando for another park/resort, shuffling studios to make more theme park space in Hollywood, building new theme parks in other continents or acquire shares, building a waterpark and other little things) .
They try to add something new each year. That could be as big as a Kong ride, rebuilding Hulk or as "small" as the raptor meet and greet. I think they go above and beyond their promise.

Reactions: Andysol and Mike S
The rumor flying when Hulk started rebuild was DC rebuild was next.Waiting to see if they shut it down for rebuild or we get word they are building track sections for a hulk type rebuild.

Up til now the only rumors I have seen about Dragon Challenge was about a Hulk style refurb and that it would go down in September. Here is the first rumor about what will go in the site. Screamscape just posted about Dragon Challenge. This is the key part:

the story being leaked says that before too long Universal Orlando may simply opt for the later option, and retire the Dragons forever and build another unknown new Harry Potter themed attraction instead.

The author hated this rumor, but I am all for it.

Islands of Adventure

Reactions: Joel
Up til now the only rumors I have seen about Dragon Challenge was about a Hulk style refurb and that it would go down in September. Here is the first rumor about what will go in the site. Screamscape just posted about Dragon Challenge. This is the key part:

The author hated this rumor, but I am all for it.

Islands of Adventure
Similar rumor has been around for the last few months, One indoor HP attraction & one outdoor HP attraction. But, with everything being reconsidered with placement due to new land purchase & Dreamworks, all rumors are basically created equal now.

Harry Potter: 4 attractions that could replace Dragon Challenge

The fact that they call it a 'dual roller coaster' is the reason I can't take anything from this website seriously. Every time I've listened to the podcast it's almost like they've never actually visited the parks.

None the less, it's an interesting read.
Taylor knows what he's talking about, but the others not as much. They do provide a good perspective though because their audience is out of towners coming in to vacation. The other two speak for the audience while Taylor has most of the answer.

Keep in mind it is not a fan podcast so to say, but more of a podcast for tourists.

Last edited:
Taylor knows what he's talking about, but others not as much. They do provide a good perspective though because their audience is out of towners coming in to vacation. The other two speak for the audience while Taylor has most of the answer.

Keep in mind it is not a fan podcast so to say, but more of a podcast for tourists.
Yeah, they're kind of oriented as a vacation planning site for tourists, with OU type info secondary to the vacation planning (which they do really well) services they offer. Every now & then they get a scoop, but hardcore fans, like us on OU, are not their base. I check OI now & then, but they don't have the high level in depth discussions we have on the OU Forums.

Yeah, they're kind of oriented as a vacation planning site for tourists, with OU type info secondary to the vacation planning (which they do really well) services they offer. Every now & then they get a scoop, but hardcore fans, like us on OU, are not their base. I check OI now & then, but they don't have the high level in depth discussions we have on the OU Forums.

Especially the off topic discussions. :lol:

Reactions: WAJAS and Mad Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.