Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to look at this big-picture and not just based on personal whims.

Potter needs a ride that's an E-ticket that kids can go on. No height requirement, but all of the magic.

Are ride like Pirates and Mansion really Universals calling card? To my knowledge the only thing similar to those rides at Universal Florida is that of ET. Disney has multiple rides that are sit in a car such as little mermaid and Poo. Is universal really going to change their dynamic in start putting in more rides that are more young child friendly. I was always under the impression talking with employees (while an intern at Disney) and watching the shows at Universal that they pride themselves on not being Disney. Or has Universal started changing their mindset/target audience to be even broader.

Seriously? The train alone is a work of art, never mind the track system, the tech, and the station.
I 100% agree with you. HE is one of my fav attractions in both WDW & Universal. It looks like an E ticket, gets riders like an E ticket, it's a work of art like you said, excellent entertainment, authentic, beautiful and probably generates more extra park income then any attraction in history. And, I'm sure it had an E ticket price tag. 80% purchase park hopper tickets sold now. What more could you want from a ride. Plus, it has a secondary role as transportation. I've said it many times before. I rarely park hopped before HE, even though the parks are only a 4 0r 5 minute walk apart. But now I enjoy the entertainment & authentic experience values of HE so much, that I pop between the two parks once, twice or thrice just about every day I'm there. It's a lot of fun.

Tell that to Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion.

If you plopped either of them into Universal, I don't think they'd be considered E-tickets. Their status IMO is based largely on nostalgia, location, and comparison to the other options at that park.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Hogwarts Express is not an e ticket.
I wouldn't consider Pirates of the Caribbean or Haunted Mansion e tickets but those rides pull in the traffic like an e ticket, as does Hogwarts. If Hogwarts went in a circle it probably would not get the same amount of people but it was genius creating a ride that goes to a destination.. theoretically and reality.

Reactions: fryoj
I'm just going to continue to state how my indifference towards the HE. My first ride I actually remember being underwhelmed.

I don't get people that hoot & holler about it as it's not that good of a ride from my perspective. Certainly not an E... more in the D range. Also, the amount of money an attraction generates never has had anything to do with ticket designation.

Reactions: Andysol
I'm just going to continue to state how my indifference towards the HE. My first ride I actually remember being underwhelmed.

I don't get people that hoot & holler about it as it's not that good of a ride from my perspective. Certainly not an E... more in the D range. Also, the amount of money an attraction generates never has had anything to do with ticket designation.

The HE is absolutely transportation primarily for my use.

opposite for me, if its above 30 minutes I'll just walk. although I'd say its in the D range since my wait cut off time is 30 min

Reactions: Frogki
Status
Not open for further replies.