Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd personally like to see Luna as a guide, but yes, Hagrid would be the obvious choice (and a very good one imo) for a Forbidden Forest ride

A Harry Potter ride with none of those pesky characters or plot points? Really going for that minimalist experience, huh?

Or we could have Hagrid start as our guide and the ghost of Newt pops up and begins to correct Hagrid until Hagrid just gives up and lets Newt guide us the rest of the way. That would give us a simple story with fun to be had and a nice connection to Fantastic Beasts.

Reactions: Magistra and Mike S
On the HE, we hear Harry cast a Patronus and see a white light. That's not the experience I'm talking about. I'm thinking about an encounter with a fully formed Patronus without hearing the Patronus spell being cast at all. Basically it would just be a stag (or some other animal) composed of light.

Think of the scene in Order of the Phoenix where everyone learns to cast a full Patronus. Wouldn't one of those be cool to see, minus the wizard who cast it?
It does look like a Stag for a bit in Forbidden Journey.

Actually, you can see Harry's fully-formed patronus run by the interior windows after the dementor--it's not a just white light. It's only visible for a little over a second though.

I've never noticed
It does look like a Stag for a bit in Forbidden Journey.

I've never noticed a full stag in either of these before. Then again, there are a lot of tiny details crammed into both FJ and HE. If we were not allowed to show any creatures or characters that appear in either of these 2 rides for even a second, that would leave...what, like Mundungus Fletcher, flobberworms, and Mrs. Figgs' cats for future rides? :saywhat:

If we're going to get crazy with this, then I personally vote for including an attack on the carriages by a group of feral pygmy puffs. And why not turn Madame Maxime's giant carriage into a refreshment spot on the edge of the forest? They could sell Bertie Botts Every Flavour Macarons in French flavors like kir, Nutella, violet, Baba au rhum, crême brûlée, and unicorn poop.

I've never noticed

I've never noticed a full stag in either of these before. Then again, there are a lot of tiny details crammed into both FJ and HE. If we were not allowed to show any creatures or characters that appear in either of these 2 rides for even a second, that would leave...what, like Mundungus Fletcher, flobberworms, and Mrs. Figgs' cats for future rides? :saywhat:

If we're going to get crazy with this, then I personally vote for including an attack on the carriages by a group of feral pygmy puffs. And why not turn Madame Maxime's giant carriage into a refreshment spot on the edge of the forest? They could sell Bertie Botts Every Flavour Macarons in French flavors like kir, Nutella, violet, Baba au rhum, crême brûlée, and unicorn poop.
There's plenty of magical creatures to use.

The point is to not get repetitive with what they show. Personally I don't want to see Harry again in another ride. Use Hagrid for the Forest ride. He's only had small parts so far.

Or we could have Hagrid start as our guide and the ghost of Newt pops up and begins to correct Hagrid until Hagrid just gives up and lets Newt guide us the rest of the way. That would give us a simple story with fun to be had and a nice connection to Fantastic Beasts.

His ghost!! :died: Newt Scamander is very much alive. Super old (since 1897), but not quite dead yet.

Really disappointed Universal didn't announce anything new theme park related to UOR. I thought they were gonna maybe announce the night time Hogwarts projection show.
:(
I get your disappointment, we always want more. But Universal is doing extremely well business wise when you look at the quarterly report. The Wizarding World area's are always packed and the viewing area for what is going to be very popular is a challenge.
But I don't think they are ready to stop bitch slapping Disney anytime soon and with the opening of Avatar land and the sinking nighttime show at AK I expect to see the announcement, or even the opening, of the projection show at Universal.

Reactions: krazykat and Mike S
Really disappointed Universal didn't announce anything new theme park related to UOR. I thought they were gonna maybe announce the night time Hogwarts projection show.
:(

There's a show coming we know that. The issue is timing of the announcement. It should be broadcast clearer what we are speculating on vs what we know. I try to keep your response and similar responses in mind when I post info, I don't want to hype or build hype up.

Universal is terrible at announcements. If they could have announced it at the HP Celebration, what a waste of a great moment. Also, there's always the possibility that we're not getting a show this year at all. The land has been 7 years this June and there hasn't even been Christmas in Hogsmeade.

The next 10 years in the theme park biz are going to be very fun for us consumers. May as well sit back and enjoy the action.

Universal is terrible at announcements. If they could have announced it at the HP Celebration, what a waste of a great moment. Also, there's always the possibility that we're not getting a show this year at all. The land has been 7 years this June and there hasn't even been Christmas in Hogsmeade.

Well, you could have the Disney method of announcing it five years before it opens. Then, you just wonder if it will ever come to fruition.

Reactions: Mike S and Andysol
So much of this. It seems like every attraction of recent memory was first announced at a quarterly earnings meeting or other Comcast event in a very, very low-key way.

Nintendo might be the exception to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.