Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Do you want River Adventure to get the Hollywood treatment or stay JP?

• Keep it JP

Votes: 108 37.4%
  • Bring on the iRex

Votes: 181 62.6%

• Total voters
I've honestly for the longest time wanted a Jurassic World replica (complete with Main Street and the Innovation center). But honestly I wonder if they should just close down the River Adventure and give it a real refurbish and keep it Jurassic Park themed. It's a fun ride but it feels very dated and they could really make it better.
Or heck, do a Jurassic World style for the ride. Anything really.
Maybe build a section that's the ruins of the Jurassic Park Visitors Center that we cruise through and see with vines.

I've honestly for the longest time wanted a Jurassic World replica (complete with Main Street and the Innovation center). But honestly I wonder if they should just close down the River Adventure and give it a real refurbish and keep it Jurassic Park themed. It's a fun ride but it feels very dated and they could really make it better.
Or heck, do a Jurassic World style for the ride. Anything really.
Maybe build a section that's the ruins of the Jurassic Park Visitors Center that we cruise through and see with vines.

They just spent the better part of last year doing nightly refurbishments, and it just reopened after a month and a half of refurbishment.

Moves forward about 25 feet.

Relevant bit is around 3:36 mark but the whole video is worth a watch. It's USH but I don't think that makes a difference here.

Doesn't the Hollywood trex work in a completely different way? Orlandos doesn't swing down like that IIRC.

Reactions: biggerboat16
Oh, please tell me they've finally removed the ghillie box/maintenance wall/whatever and the Ultrasaur(?) is finally fixed...

(Unless they did that between now and October, since I've been incommunicado since then.)

Doesn't the Hollywood trex work in a completely different way? Orlandos doesn't swing down like that IIRC.
Orlando's version is more cinematic you could say. They drag out the dino walking towards you as you're approaching the hill.

USH (5:25):

USO (5:33):

It's a guess but they're probably the same parts underneath (or were before the JW redo at USH?), the difference being Orlando's is toned down for suspense. The drop in Hollywood has (had) a literal countdown so it was more of a spectacle; Hollywood is more inline with Orlando in terms of movie-like quality with the JW ending now.

EDIT: I may have been wrong in my analysis; I think it still moves forward but the setup is entirely different. Definitely someone jump in with more accurate details! I'll leave my initial thoughts though.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, each version of the ride featured a more sophisticated & upgraded Rex experience when built. Hollywood was the original & never got full blown proper refurbishment over the years (yay budget). Followed by Orlando & then Japan (which is a mirror image? clone). Meanwhile Singapore went for the different approach (river rapids) instead of a clone, but their Rex attacks from above (i think). Beijing of course had to give Spidey/Transformers the middle finger with its JW ride :lol:

I miss the Hollywood's countdown (to Extinction) before the drop. :sob: Between those videos, it looks like the Rex is further back for Orlando. Like the gap between it & the boat is noticeable.

Slightly unrelated, I don't know why, but the Rex in the current JW finale looks beefier than the 1997 Rex.

I have a crazy idea: Universal Orlando decides to retheme Islands of Adventure's Jurassic Park land into Jurassic World, complete with River Adventure getting a JW retheme, juts like its Hollywood counterpart, in order to allow the future Universal Studios Great Britain to put in a Jurassic Park land, which would feature a revived version of the Jeep Safari idea from the 1990s as the alternative to River Adventure, due to the cold climate in England. What do you think?

Reactions: Della
I have a crazy idea: Universal Orlando decides to retheme Islands of Adventure's Jurassic Park land into Jurassic World, complete with River Adventure getting a JW retheme, juts like its Hollywood counterpart, in order to allow the future Universal Studios Great Britain to put in a Jurassic Park land, which would feature a revived version of the Jeep Safari idea from the 1990s as the alternative to River Adventure, due to the cold climate in England. What do you think?
Unfortunately, I think if JP goes, JP isn't coming back. Universal fully owns JW, JP has extra strings attached from what I can recall.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
complete with River Adventure getting a JW retheme, juts like its Hollywood counterpart
Having been on the original opening team of JW, it'd need to NOT be a straight up clone. The JW version is significantly flawed & budget cut, while also being over budget at the same time. It was also rushed open. Like the JW films, it lacks cohesiveness. LOVED working there, but my fanboy JP loving heart was triggered daily lol
which would feature a revived version of the Jeep Safari idea from the 1990s
The "Jurassic Jeep Tour" was also mostly an outdoor ride too, but the closest you'll see of that ride being a reality is KONG 360 (errr.... Skull Island) & Beijing's JW indoor "Adventure" ride.

It’s much more likely that Britain just gets a clone of Beijing’s ride. Only Orlando clones are off the table.