Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Toon Lagoon

-Nope, doesn’t need to happen. Can it? Sure, but 99% of the guests would be indifferent to the change. If it happens, it’s to make it easier marketing for them, that’s it.
-I’m glad we’re getting it, but it wasn’t even close to a priority. It certainly wasn’t needed.
-Here’s the top priority.
-Here’s a 4th priority.
-And concede Marvel to Disney? Lol. Let me say that again. LOL. A new ride and the elimination of Dr Doom is the 3rd priority.
-They could do something with the theater tomorrow. An overhaul or simply a new attraction at TL theater is the 2nd priority.

But overall, with the exception of Poseidon/LC and TL theater (and a night show), IoA is in fantastic shape as pretty much perfect.

Well if you want to be technical about it then the park doesn’t really need any new updates. It’s already successful. They can just leave the park alone for another 10 years and call it a day.

As for Marvel, I truly do feel that it will get replaced one day. No, I don’t have any evidence or specific reasons to back this up. Just a hunch. Crazier things have happened.

No, I enjoy it personally. Although I would have loved a Rocky and Bullwinkle ride. I remember going to IOA when it first opened, and there was tons of cartoon merch. I was so close to buying a Whatsamatter U jersey. Last time I went most of that merch was replaced with "cell phone" cases, and other airport store junk.

I think even UOR has given up on the original idea of this land, and now it just sits there neglected compared to other areas in the park.
Wasn't their a R&B coaster planned back in the day? I thought I heard a rumor that it was cut

Probably imagining it

Wasn't their a R&B coaster planned back in the day? I thought I heard a rumor that it was cut

Probably imagining it

That would have been cool! But with the 3 roller coasters that opened in 1999 and the Flying Unicorn/Flight of the Hippogriff in 2000, I guess there wasn't a need for it. What's sad is that the show that was in the theater didn't last long, only to be replaced by EXTREME and short-lived stunt shows, followed by the short-lived wand demos.

It was planned. At least the concept was in place. It was a Rocky the Flying Squirrel coaster. I always felt the entrance/exit for it was pre-planned to sit to the left of RipSaw Falls.
Good, I wasn't imagining it...I feel like it was tied into Dudley's "finished" mountainside

I probably sound like a broken record but maybe an indoor dark boat ride(keeping with the theme of water rides) should replace the theater. But I have no idea if there’s enough space for it.

What would you like to see in its place?

If they don't utilize the Rocky & Bullwinkle characters, Peabody & Sherman, or other classic cartoons, I'm down for a recent property from Illumination. After all, the land is about animation and there was Despicable Me merch the last time I was there. If they could grab a non-Universal owned IP, Adventure Time would be a nice fit, though the show has ended its run. But that's for time to tell.

If they don't utilize the Rocky & Bullwinkle characters, Peabody & Sherman, or other classic cartoons, I'm down for a recent property from Illumination. After all, the land is about animation and there was Despicable Me merch the last time I was there. If they could grab a non-Universal owned IP, Adventure Time would be a nice fit, though the show has ended its run. But that's for time to tell.
It should be something water related. Having said that, I always felt that the Penguins of Madagascar would of been a perfect fit. It’s great in Singapore. The rest of the Madagascar characters could work as well. The left side of the park can be animal based. Dinos, giant apes, and animals of today.

Not gonna lie, if Universal announced tomorrow that there going to destroy the theater and add a generic spinner(like the one simpsons) I would be okay with that. It would be better than nothing and this area wouldn’t be such a dead zone when it’s cold outside. Also, it would give another thing for the kiddos to do.

I demand a Rocky and Bullwinkle spinner. Dreamworks is currently doing a new show for that IP. It could work.