Future of Toon Lagoon | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Toon Lagoon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ripsaw Falls a top tier attraction? You missed the /s

It’s an embarrassment. Maintenance is atrocious and the queue is on par with Six Flags. The sooner they drop Dudley, the better.

And just to be clear, I’m not against water rides; quite the opposite. Splash is my favorite ride at WDW and Popeyes is by a mile the most fun ride I’ve ridden in Orlando. Ripsaw just pales in comparison and it’s warts are too large to ignore.
Whoa, now I feel bad for secretly loving Dudley's.

It's a fun ride system with kitschy humor. It's a solid attraction.

It's not an upper echelon attraction in Orlando.
Yeah, it's really not fair to compare it to Splash since it never had that kind of budget. But as a pure get crazy wet, have lot's of 'thrills' and fun, and get some great laughs from the right on Dudley cartoon humor, it's, as Dave says, a solid attraction that the GP likes a lot.

I only get to this ride of every other year, but why does it seem like the queue route is different EVERY time I ride? :lol:

Reactions: shiekra38
I think Toon Lagoon is going to be safe with maybe some parts changed out to other toon IPs but Dreamworks just made three classic shows for CBS All Access (Mr Magoo, George of the Jungle, Lassie) with two more being developed (Dudley, Casper), Rocky and Bullwinkle is getting a third season on Amazon Prime, so obviously if studios are buying up new episodes of these old classics someone is going to watch them.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Speaking personally, I LOVE this area, I love the cartoons and even know the cartoons featured, but Im telling ya not many other people my age likely give a damn about this area. More so than Lost Continent id imagine. Trying not to generalize but I know my friends, and my bf find this area super outdated at this point. I think in 5 years most kids won't even know who Popeye is (if they're rebooting the cartoon lets see how it does maybe) but honestly, while its not my choice, it would not shock me in the least bit to see this be the next major area to close at Universal. Sad, but true. Its outdated unfortunately. Especially given the plot of land they have there plus the theatre, it only makes sense for this to be the space for expansion.