Future of Toon Lagoon | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Toon Lagoon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
True. I often wonder what the next-best selling IP is at the resort. Obviously Potter is no. 1, but I always wonder no. 2. I'd lean toward Jurassic Park, but maybe Marvel.

Lord of the Rings I'm sure would sell a ton.

I'm pretty sure that a few years ago (2013/14 time) it was Despicable Me. But I'd imagine that's calmed down a bit now

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I'm pretty sure that a few years ago (2013/14 time) it was Despicable Me. But I'd imagine that's calmed down a bit now
I thought about JP/Marvel purely for the amount of stores that carry those IPs. JP has I believe 2 dedicated stores, while Marvel has what.. like 3?

But I'm sure Despicable Me sold a ton around that time and heck, it probably still sells a ton.

especially since I can get a LOTR style ring for 5 dollars on Amazon.
That is an incredibly weak argument.
If “I could buy xyz on Amazon for cheaper” is the defense, then universal needs to pull every keychain, shirt, jacket, coffee mug, plush, etc from the shelves.

I don’t think LotR merch is the selling point as much as an attendance booster. There are people right now who have never been to UOR that would go strictly for LotR. There are those who have been specifically for potter or from a disney trip that would go again just for LotR.
There’s not a single human being who wants to come to UOR because they love Marmaduke.

The food/snacks will then be sold. The merch will be sold. The word of mouth will increase. And the attendance and revenue will increase. Many times more than they would for the current iteration of TL.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Everyone loves adorable plush.

PLU-LR-2715.jpg

There is one Item the could sell for a potential LOTR land. I think UC should sell sting swords that interact with the land, glowing blue with the presence of orcs. If they could somehow have surprise orcs where there is a sensor to turn the sword blue that would be so cool! probably difficult to implement but I would buy one lol!!

Interactive rings.

They could glow at certain moments during rides/shows or certain areas throughout the land.

They can figure out the tech (and how to make it cheap) over the next 5-10 years as they develop the rest of the land.

Just bring to the discussion over, if EU isn’t opening until at least 2024, and let’s hope by end of 2021/ early 2022 the world is returning more to normal as are crowds, so there will need to be a draw of some sort. The Ampitheatre here is prime real estate for adding something.

In my opinion, while I’d love for them to go full on into a Marvel Stunt Show/MSHI expansion. I don’t see that route unfortunately. If anything IOA needs a new kids option. While I’m not super familiar with the show itself in Japan, I don’t see why Sing! On Tour doesn’t take this spot. Spread out your illumination properties just a little bit, probably isn’t crazy expensive to run, doesn’t break theming totally or it can be its own mini area. I feel it makes sense. Perfect pallet cleanser after all the action and thrill rides in Marvel, and a way to chill out and warm up it anytbing on a hot day before some boat rides.

Not trying to make this a Covid talk, but I think once social distancing is much less a norm/necessity and shows are able to perform, I kinda see them being a potential thing for Universal to have to sell post Velocicoaster and before EU, since I can’t imagine any additions being major before EU unless there ends up being a significant delay.

Just bring to the discussion over, if EU isn’t opening until at least 2024, and let’s hope by end of 2021/ early 2022 the world is returning more to normal as are crowds, so there will need to be a draw of some sort. The Ampitheatre here is prime real estate for adding something.

In my opinion, while I’d love for them to go full on into a Marvel Stunt Show/MSHI expansion. I don’t see that route unfortunately. If anything IOA needs a new kids option. While I’m not super familiar with the show itself in Japan, I don’t see why Sing! On Tour doesn’t take this spot. Spread out your illumination properties just a little bit, probably isn’t crazy expensive to run, doesn’t break theming totally or it can be its own mini area. I feel it makes sense. Perfect pallet cleanser after all the action and thrill rides in Marvel, and a way to chill out and warm up it anytbing on a hot day before some boat rides.

Not trying to make this a Covid talk, but I think once social distancing is much less a norm/necessity and shows are able to perform, I kinda see them being a potential thing for Universal to have to sell post Velocicoaster and before EU, since I can’t imagine any additions being major before EU unless there ends up being a significant delay.

I don't think anything will happen at IOA between JP and EU.

Reactions: shiekra38

A mini-land with Sing on Tour, Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash, and Freeze Ray Sliders wouldn't be a bad idea. It could all fit in the amphitheatre space.

I don't think anything will happen at IOA between JP and EU.
Fair, USF will likely get the attention. I think this would be a relatively cheap addition however but I understand costs are tighter than ever.
A mini-land with Sing on Tour, Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash, and Freeze Ray Sliders wouldn't be a bad idea. It could all fit in the amphitheatre space.
Agreed, but I see something like that at USF where the Minions are. I can’t imagine there aren’t bigger plans eventually for Toon Lagoon, so for me, Sing On Tour is an easy addition without crazy amount of prep.

Also, IOA needs a show. It’s the single thing it’s lacking

Reactions: Cheezbat
Honestly I'll be surprised if USF gets anything before then either. But we'll see.
I think it all depends on the year EU opens, and I may be wrong, but I can’t imagine SLOP replacing Shrek would be insanely expensive for them. It’d be something at least. I think they’ll be one other thing other than VC before EU, even if it’s just a show. Could be too early to tell however