Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Madagascar another Intamin screwup? That company builds some great rides, but others have serious design issues they originally overlooked. I'm pretty sure that was the case with this ride.

I'd still like to see a dark ride like this(but with drops) added to Universal Studios. They need a water ride bad.

Oh...and ditto on Space Fantasy! That ride looks awesome!

I've been on Madagascar, it's very, very 'meh'...

Voyage of the Little Mermaid may actually be a better ride (for context).

I'm all for championing another family friendly dark ride in Orlando, but they are better off starting from scratch.

I've been on Madagascar, it's very, very 'meh'...

Voyage of the Little Mermaid may actually be a better ride (for context).

I'm all for championing another family friendly dark ride in Orlando, but they are better off starting from scratch.

Yes, certainly not what Universal planned it to be....Space Fantasy, however is one of the best family attractions they've done (outside of HE)...

I would really like that one thing that was talked about a few months back, expanding Marvel and putting an Iron Man indoor coaster into the abandoned Toon Lagoon theatre. That would be her best thing to happen to Marvel. If you change Hulk into Iron Man, presumably it'd be painted red and you'd have 2 big red coasters in the parks. Hulks to much of an iconic sight to be changed. Even if you don't like the ride it's still one of the best sights

I would really like that one thing that was talked about a few months back, expanding Marvel and putting an Iron Man indoor coaster into the abandoned Toon Lagoon theatre. That would be her best thing to happen to Marvel. If you change Hulk into Iron Man, presumably it'd be painted red and you'd have 2 big red coasters in the parks. Hulks to much of an iconic sight to be changed. Even if you don't like the ride it's still one of the best sights

essentially every roller coaster in the resort....including Rip Red

essentially every roller coaster in the resort....including Rip Red

Yeah that's what I was alluding to. You can even throw the fire coaster in there as well. It could look cool if they made it a primarily shiny gold. But I remember reading years ago they initially wanted it to be a Silver Surfer coaster but having it silver would cause a crazy reflection from the sun. I love Iron Man but I hope they just keep it as is. Same with Spider Man even though the Avengers concept is interesting

If they were to retheme Hulk to Iron Man would they rip up the track too then? I was always impressed with the fact that they put the thought in to make the coaster roar to go with the Hulk story.

Do any of Universal's foreign parks have over-the-top attractions not present in the USA? If so, what are they?

The only other somewhat original attraction would be Space Fantasy and that would need to have its story rewritten to appeal to western tastes.

I am starting to wonder if this might have been one of my better questions and observations as of late.

does 1 mack + 2 mack = 3 mack?

Yeah, that one I can't explain or a few souls might go homeless and die.

Space next to space creature could work though... hmmm

Ironic that SF replaced ET...

I sure hope they will be next to one another and won't be another replacement.

The second part I'm not really sure what to make of. Are you saying there are three Mack rides coming altogether?

If Star Trek does come to the resort, I hope it is more than a single attraction and located outside of Production Central. That whole area, other than the music venue, feels claustrophobic and bleak to me.

Space Fantasy looks fun and I could see it being adapted to the franchise.

Being a huge fan of the original second film, I'd die if they had a Kobayashi Maru up charge experience. And yes, I'd violate the treaty by crossing into the neutral zone to save the ship.

Last edited:
Mack also built a really cool suspended family coaster/dark ride at Europa Park. Would love to see this kind of thing brought to UOR

[video=youtube;yTqO0YFF9EQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=yTqO0YFF9EQ[/video]

Looking on Google Earth, there's easily enough room for another ET/Space Fantasy sized building (I'm including the building attached to Space Fantasy which I assume is the gift shop). Does anyone know if that small white building behind the photoshopped location is currently in use for something?

IEK18C0.png

Status
Not open for further replies.