Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What an odd day. I wish I could tell all of you about it. Shocking photo, misunderstanding, project numbers, conflicting info, difficult changes, info unconflicted and confirmed. I am all tuckered out. :blank:

Sorry to play dear diary.

We need a Google spreadsheet to keep track of them.

Really hoping some of that money flows into JP. The RA could use much better animatronics, i get jealous of what Singapore has whenever I watch a ride video. Or some new things for JW would be nice.

Really hoping some of that money flows into JP. The RA could use much better animatronics, i get jealous of what Singapore has whenever I watch a ride video. Or some new things for JW would be nice.
Agreed. Hollywood and Osakas animatronics are better than our JPRA's too. Sad we have the worst.

I believe you are correct about Hollywood's being the first batch. Honestly most casual guests don't even notice these problems, it's only the regulars who see them and care that much.

There's an amazing blog called Passport to Dreams Old and New that did a great article on the levels of park fans, and she hits the nail on the head (though she's focused on Disney, it applies to all park fans). Casual guests generally think it's all wonderful and unless something is really "off" they hardly notice, it's only those of us who know all the ins and outs of the attractions and parks who nitpick.

Last edited:
I believe you are correct about Hollywood's being the first batch. Honestly most casual guests don't even notice these problems, it's only the regulars who see them and care that much.

There's an amazing blog called Passport to Dreams Old and New that did a great article on the levels of park fans, and she hits the nail on the head (though she's focused on Disney, it applies to all park fans). Casual guests generally think it's all wonderful and unless something is really "off" they hardly notice, it's only those of us who know all the ins and outs of the attractions and parks who nitpick.

Yes, I definitely agree. Until I started browsing these theme park sites, I never had a second thought about those types of issues. Couldn't have cared less. Even now, I kind of block out all of the nitpicking show stuff. I enjoy the attractions for the totality of the experience and don't let the little show things affect my enjoyment.

It's a subconscious thing..Certain things give us visual queues and we create an interpretation from there...Anyone can see fading paint, raptors with heads hanging sideways and a T-Rex just sitting there in silence before animating...it is all the little details that build to make the grand scheme that is JPRA...they matter...people notice...if only subconsciously..broken things translate as cheap..See Universal circa 2006-08

Was walking from I-drive to Universal yesterday morning along Universal Boulevard and in the plot of land diagonally across of Wet 'n Wild there was an Arial Survey Mark, close by on Universal Boulevard itself there was another one of them.

So, is the current known list of coming projects? Let me know if I missed something.

533 - Water Park
727 - Fallon Flight Sim/Twister
340 - Kong
611 - Coaster/Kidzone
620 - Fast & Furious/Disaster - Orlando?
862 - Nascar Grill replacement
402 - Royal Pacific Convention expansion
A&D - JP Show

So, is the current known list of coming projects? Let me know if I missed something.

533 - Water Park
727 - Fallon Flight Sim/Twister
340 - Kong
611 - Coaster/Kidzone
620 - Fast & Furious/Disaster - Orlando?
862 - Nascar Grill replacement
402 - Royal Pacific Convention expansion
A&D - JP Show
* Sapphire Falls....*Lord of the Rings (Just kidding about this one).....What happened to the Star Trek rumors?

Is there any rhyme or reason to their numbering? I'm kind of surprised it's not a system like "all 600 series numbers are US, all 300's are IOA, all 800's are CW, etc.". They just seem to be random.

Is there any rhyme or reason to their numbering? I'm kind of surprised it's not a system like "all 600 series numbers are US, all 300's are IOA, all 800's are CW, etc.". They just seem to be random.

There is a wee bit of consistency in that US has been 600 and 700's. Diagon was a 700 number after all. There has been so little activity in IOA since Potter I that we are at a bit of a loss. A&D doesn't do project numbers, only cheeky project names.

It is all fun and keeps us wondering right? I doubt we will ever know if there is a structure to it. Too high up the ladder.

If they just use their PPM tool (Project Portfolio Management Tool) to funnel project ideas for prioritisation (everything from renewing paving and infrastructure changes, to a massive new attraction), it could just be as straight forward as the next in series generated by the tool.

I would assume that the non-US parks probably log their own projects internally as they are technically separate companies and will have their projects financed differently.

If they just use their PPM tool (Project Portfolio Management Tool) to funnel project ideas for prioritisation (everything from renewing paving and infrastructure changes, to a massive new attraction), it could just be as straight forward as the next in series generated by the tool.

I would assume that the non-US parks probably log their own projects internally as they are technically separate companies and will have their projects financed differently.

I feel quite sure that the project numbers are chosen by UC Orlando for every one of their parks in the world. F&F CA was 400's and I really believe that Orlando's is in the 600's (only due to a mistake made withing UC about 8 months ago). :stunned:

Status
Not open for further replies.