Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The hotel owners in the area might be seeing the writing on the wall, ie. Universal building all of these new hotels in the next few years that will make them redundant & non competitive. Exit the market while there is still value before the worth drops like a rock.

This makes me wonder, if Universal was really planning on a development around Major Blvd., would this property have ever hit the market like this? I'd think if they were planning on buying up that whole area, they would have already had feelers out and would have bought it before anyone ever knew it was for sale. Combine this with the recent sale of the Walgreens property in the same area, and it almost seems that Universal has made it clear they aren't going after that property.Now, the owners who were hoping to cash in from Universal are now looking to dump the properties. Perhaps they are shifting their focus towards the Wet and Wild area? Maybe not, but I can't see why they would let these go if Major was in their plans.

This makes me wonder, if Universal was really planning on a development around Major Blvd., would this property have ever hit the market like this? I'd think if they were planning on buying up that whole area, they would have already had feelers out and would have bought it before anyone ever knew it was for sale. Combine this with the recent sale of the Walgreens property in the same area, and it almost seems that Universal has made it clear they aren't going after that property.Now, the owners who were hoping to cash in from Universal are now looking to dump the properties. Perhaps they are shifting their focus towards the Wet and Wild area? Maybe not, but I can't see why they would let these go if Major was in their plans.
Good point not to mention the new hotel going up on Major Boulevard near Wendys.

I wonder if this is the company that owns it just trying to see what kind of offers they get from Universal or even from Hilton (since it's a franchise).

Hmm this reminds me of that permit a few months back where Universal was referring to the "Adjacent Hotel." Maybe they knew it would potentially come on the market...

Warcraft just got pushed back from March to Summer 2016 which based on film insiders mean Universal is super confident the film will be a major success...have a feeling we will see it in the parks

Warcraft just got pushed back from March to Summer 2016 which based on film insiders mean Universal is super confident the film will be a major success...have a feeling we will see it in the parks
More likely they're afraid of the blockbusters Batman v Superman which comes out in March, and Captain America 3 which comes out in May.

As for new attractions...

Any news on the 'coaster' planned for USF? I'm surprised we haven't seen any permits or anything yet...

More likely they're afraid of the blockbusters Batman v Superman which comes out in March, and Captain America 3 which comes out in May.

As for new attractions...

Any news on the 'coaster' planned for USF? I'm surprised we haven't seen any permits or anything yet...

As you know, the state of projects always ebbs and flows. What might have been planned for one time frame, may have been pushed back to bring another project sooner.

The hotel owners in the area might be seeing the writing on the wall, ie. Universal building all of these new hotels in the next few years that will make them redundant & non competitive. Exit the market while there is still value before the worth drops like a rock.
Universal could either
A. Have 0 interest expanding east
B. Wait until the FDOT expansion of Grand national Drive to Major Boulevard is complete and just buy everything at once over there.

^^There was talk not long ago that Universal was bringing a family coaster to the KidZone area of the park for next summer (I want to say I read May). My understanding was that this was a last-second decision and being fast-tracked. However, there have been no permits filed and no sign of construction to now. If they're going to actually go through with building this new coaster for next year, they need to start NOW.

And most likely based on the Space Fantasy ride system, if I'm not mistaken.

Also I heard a bit about the WnW property today. It is exactly what everyone has been saying. 2-3 large hotels and a mega entertainment/shopping/dining complex.

And from Sand Lake to the convention center is getting a do over on both I-Drive and Universal Blvd.

Also I heard a bit about the WnW property today. It is exactly what everyone has been saying. 2-3 large hotels and a mega entertainment/shopping/dining complex.

And from Sand Lake to the convention center is getting a do over on both I-Drive and Universal Blvd.

Wow..that's a ton of space..I imagine a mini Vegas strip almost

There is a new Westin Element coming at the corner o Carrier and Universal blvd that breaks ground this fall.

Eh, I don't think there's as many projects being fast-tracked as have been rumored here. After Kong, it's prolly the Furious attraction and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.