Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I heard of a second rumored MACK coaster for Central Florida, could this be the coaster for Universal? (Since Space Fantasy was MACK.)

We might want to put a halt on previously held beliefs regarding this. I believe it is only safe to say that there is a project 611 and that it is coaster related. That is all that appears to be true at this time and everything else is a bit muddled.

We might want to put a halt on previously held beliefs regarding this. I believe it is only safe to say that there is a project 611 and that it is coaster related. That is all that appears to be true at this time and everything else is a bit muddled.

Ah ok. So the 2016 thing might no longer be accurate? What is 611 again, kidzone?

How about a Mack Spinning Coaster based F$F attraction?

Talking about the seaworld coaster, Screamscape suggested a video of a coaster called Helix. Have to say, when I saw the video I thought it actually would be nice themed to F&F.
Does a spinning launched coaster exist yet?

[video=youtube;zBFbwaFeVl8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBFbwaFeVl8[/video]

Talking about the seaworld coaster, Screamscape suggested a video of a coaster called Helix. Have to say, when I saw the video I thought it actually would be nice themed to F&F.
Does a spinning launched coaster exist yet?

That's a cool layout!!! A coaster of that size would eat up A LOT of space at UOR though. Not sure they'd want to spend that much real estate on a single coaster, but what do I know?

Technically, there's no launched spinning coasters out there at this time (at least that I'm aware of, and I've followed new coasters worldwide each year for nearly 15 years). With that being said, back in 2009, Intamin built a single spinning coaster at Bakken in Denmark called "Tornado" that has a conventional chain-lift hill and a tiny little LIM at the top to give you just a tiny "kick" off the top of the hill. I've also heard it rated as one of (if not THE) best spinner(s) ever built. Looks like a cool little ride, I wish more US parks would be build them! http://rcdb.com/4313.htm#

Last edited:
Kennywood put in a launch coaster a couple of years ago that has a really small footprint, but it's a great coaster. It would be perfect for Universal since it doesn't waste much space.

If you look at how much Universal Orlando has grown in the past 15 years, can you imagine what it will look like in 2030!? It's exciting stuff and even though I'm not completely on top of all these developments, it still sounds like Universal has this insane expansion plan that is only in it's early stages. Kong, Volcanoes, Space Fantasies, Fury and Fastness! :happy:

611 is not what we thought, though the project we thought was 611 is still a thing of which we have no project number now.

Mercy, what sureness. I know that Hulk is being completely rebuilt, from the track rails to the RSS and more. 611 has become a bore. It is as if UC assigned one project number to two different projects... and I cannot work with that.

Thanks, still learning some of the lingo.

While Kuribo is correct in what it basically means, the industry term that I have heard repeatedly is "Ride System Supervisor".

The other thing that some may find interesting is that in some circumstances, the RSS doesn't just supervise the ride, but the entire building and queue, electric, lighting... even the fire systems. It is the entire attractions God of everything.

One of the companies that specializes in these systems is The Goddard Group in Los Angeles, and who I believe has done such work for both Disney and Uni.

Why would they have to replace the rails? Only disney does that to their steel coasters...most parks, if it gets to that, just replaces the entire ride completely...

What is rail replacement? Do you mean tracks?
So we might get new trains as well?

I know Teebin had mentioned infrastructure changes before but I thought it was just all the stuff behind the scenes. So when would this happen and how long would it take?

Status
Not open for further replies.