Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future Universal Projects and Parks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just see Elevator first. If you do Ministry; I think it'd be a waste if you don't do the Elevators just for the fact you can do some really go big or go home achievements in the industry. And ontop of that; you can make a walkthrough attraction within this, as a form of preshow.

Yeah, I think a Universal version of ToT with modern tech would be the logical way to go. No to say they have to do it the same way Disney did it, but the elevator in the movie almost seems like it was built for it. The queue could be fun too with the entrance hall and fireplaces. The floo entrance lends itself pretty easy to a real world replication as well even though I think it would be neater if they could replicate the flush in method. lol

At this point, take it with a huge amount of salt. From what I understand, 3rd park is in future, just not foreseeable future. Too much in pipeline at their current resort to get a 3rd park done by 2021.

I would agree with this. Not saying there will definitively never be a third park (though I don't see it), but this story just seems off. The timeline seems nearly impossible with all that's going to happen in the next 5 years (F&F, Fallon, Marvel, Sapphire, WNW resorts, Nintendo, etc), and the source of the rumor seems to have a big misunderstanding of the Nintendo project as I currently expect it to happen.

I would agree with this. Not saying there will definitively never be a third park (though I don't see it), but this story just seems off. The timeline seems nearly impossible with all that's going to happen in the next 5 years (F&F, Fallon, Marvel, Sapphire, WNW resorts, Nintendo, etc), and the source of the rumor seems to have a big misunderstanding of the Nintendo project as I currently expect it to happen.

In addition to that, 3rd park would mean they would have to prepare current plot for influx of people, traffic, etc.

In addition to that, 3rd park would mean they would have to prepare current plot for influx of people, traffic, etc.
If you want to make money you have to put in the money and do the work. Once the work is done, you have a solid source of cash-flow.

You keep saying this, but it has nothing to do with what anyone is posting.

Universal is CLEARLY putting the money in and doing the work.
Obviously they are in their CURRENT PARKS, but it takes exactly what I described in order for a third park to happen.

Two parks won't cut it forever. There simply isn't enough room unless you go into TM parking lot.

Obviously they are in their CURRENT PARKS, but it takes exactly what I described in order for a third park to happen.

Two parks won't cut it forever. There simply isn't enough room unless you go into TM parking lot.

Right, but what does that have to do with the 3rd park being done by 2021?

Basically what i'm saying is, if they want to put the final blow in on Disney, a third park is necessary.

Uni can by that point market 3 Theme Parks, 1 Water Park and let's just go for 8 on-site hotels (using WnW land as possible hotel space and one by the third park), plus CityWalk.

Looking at that lineup, someone could say we need AT LEAST 4 days to do the 3 parks and water park and then book an extra day or two for relaxation/citywalk/more park time. People would be going there for anywhere from three nights to potentially a full week. At this point, people are coming to Orlando, going to Universal, and leaving. Disney is an after thought to many people once you get that third park and have them on site.

Last edited:

Well sure...but no one was saying differently.

I don't agree that two parks won't cut it forever. There's always going to be something in need of changing.

I don't agree that two parks won't cut it forever. There's always going to be something in need of changing.
If they had another park though down the line (again, not saying 2021), then they wouldn't have to replace so often. Right now USF is fairly updated beyond Twister, FFL and Kidzone which all will see work in the relative future.

There's not much else beyond what's going on at USF that people would want replaced. Sure by the time Potter Phase 3 is done Mummy could go maybe as it will be 20 years or so old and MIB will be getting up there.... but people love those rides. They wouldn't have to go if there was another park to have a bunch of new rides as well.

I don't know. I think Disneyland is doing fine with just 2 parks over in Cali.. but I guess if they want to stick it to the World, then yeah.

I don't know. I think Disneyland is doing fine with just 2 parks over in Cali.. but I guess if they want to stick it to the World, then yeah.

They are, but they also have 3 resorts. :lol:

Universal is currently building 5 with plans for 2 more. Gotta keep occupancy up and maintain their market share growth. Water park will help, but 3rd park needs to be an eventuality if they can secure more land.

They are, but they also have 3 resorts. :lol:

Universal is currently building 5 with plans for 2 more. Gotta keep occupancy up and maintain their market share growth. Water park will help, but 3rd park needs to be an eventuality if they can secure more land.

Eh...I dunno. Personally, I think UOR has a marketshare ceiling, and the third park has more of a chance to break them than it does Disney's stranglehold.

Status
Not open for further replies.