Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 68 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um has anyone just seen Nerdist news ? They are reporting that Nintendo is going to be in a new park at Florida that is going to be a Videogame version of IOA ? Only one other Videogame company has been announced which is Activision Blizzard and are bringing Warcraft, no idea how true this is but they report it should be open by 2021 ! Thoughts ?

Um has anyone just seen Nerdist news ? They are reporting that Nintendo is going to be in a new park at Florida that is going to be a Videogame version of IOA ? Only one other Videogame company has been announced which is Activision Blizzard and are bringing Warcraft, no idea how true this is but they report it should be open by 2021 ! Thoughts ?

:eyestwitch:

Did you just miss the whole page of discussion we were having before you posted this?

They are, but they also have 3 resorts. :lol:

Universal is currently building 5 with plans for 2 more. Gotta keep occupancy up and maintain their market share growth. Water park will help, but 3rd park needs to be an eventuality if they can secure more land.
This is EXACTLY what i've been trying to say.

Eh...I dunno. Personally, I think UOR has a marketshare ceiling, and the third park has more of a chance to break them than it does Disney's stranglehold.
Yes, I agree with you. I would think Universal could hit maybe 30%-35% of the Orlando market and maintain their strong profit ratio. An offsite third gate might just suck the profit from the resort. I would think the only viable economics is if they can somehow acquire adjacent land, which doesn't look like it could happen. Universal Orlando's strength is it's compact easy to traverse nature. If they have to build a third gate a mile or three away, it kind of defeats the entire business plan.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Yes, I agree with you. I would think Universal could hit maybe 30%-35% of the Orlando market and maintain their strong profit ratio. An offsite third gate might just suck the profit from the resort. I would think the only viable economics is if they can somehow acquire adjacent land, which doesn't look like it could happen. Universal Orlando's strength is it's compact easy to traverse nature. If they have to build a third gate a mile or three away, it kind of defeats the entire business plan.

Right. The only way it would work is if they're able to get all of the land over by Major Blvd, and even that destroys the walkability of the resort

Isn't that already happening with the WnW hotel rumor though?

Different situation, IMO. They're "value" guests and will require buses to go anywhere.

But if you tell the people at Hard Rock who can fall out of bed and into Diagon Alley that now they have to wait for buses to go to park 3, I think it creates a problem.

What if rumor of second city walk isn't a second one, it's the new location. Replace CW and surrounding areas with new park. New entryway into UOR center.

Different situation, IMO. They're "value" guests and will require buses to go anywhere.

But if you tell the people at Hard Rock who can fall out of bed and into Diagon Alley that now they have to wait for buses to go to park 3, I think it creates a problem.

But they still are close to parks 1 & 2; and 2 out of 3 ain't bad...[HASHTAG]#meatloaf[/HASHTAG]

I would tell them to suck it up. They have walkability to two parks and CityWalk as well as a water taxi. The folks that stay in the MK Resort area can take a monorail to MK, but still have to take busses.

It's a small issue that you're talking about and UC isn't stupid, if they are able to buy the Major Blvd land, maybe they can get approval from the city to have the water way cross Kirkman over to the Third park. Sometimes you just have to think of possibilities.

What if rumor of second city walk isn't a second one, it's the new location. Replace CW and surrounding areas with new park. New entryway into UOR center.

It sounded plausible for a second until I looked at the map... just ain't enough room for a full park. There is hardly enough room for the entrance and port of entry at IOA! Oh well.

I would tell them to suck it up. They have walkability to two parks and CityWalk as well as a water taxi. The folks that stay in the MK Resort area can take a monorail to MK, but still have to take busses.

It's a small issue that you're talking about and UC isn't stupid, if they are able to buy the Major Blvd land, maybe they can get approval from the city to have the water way cross Kirkman over to the Third park. Sometimes you just have to think of possibilities.

Please, don't patronize me. I can think of the possibilities. I can also think of the problems. Just saying that there are a lot more pitfalls to a third park than most seem to think

Please, don't patronize me. I can think of the possibilities. I can also think of the problems. Just saying that there are a lot more pitfalls to a third park than most seem to think
Well I just think it's ironic that you think and are doubting UC and Comcast, divisions and a company you continually defend, wouldn't make a third park work within the existing resort area if they really wanted to make it happen.

If they want it to happen, it will happen.

Well I just think it's ironic that you think and are doubting UC and Comcast, divisions and a company you continually defend

Well I'm not a shill and am capable of thinking for myself, for starters. I don't doubt the quality of park they could build. I'm just not sold on the viability of a third park,

wouldn't make a third park work within the existing resort area if they really wanted to make it happen.

Because I saw what happened with IoA and the original expansion of the resort. I've seen what happened with DAK and how WDW was more or less paralyzed for a while due to the strain on resources. I saw 9/11 happen and cripple UOR even further than the Universal Escape debacle.

IoA was a GREAT park when it opened. Still, up until recently it was never really a boon to Universal. My point is, Universal could build a great park and market forces or outside stimuli could cause it to tank. I mean, I'd go to a 3rd park no question. I just don't want them seeing the results Diagon Alley is giving them and expect a third park to do the same no matter what.

If they want it to happen, it will happen.

Sure. I'm just not sold that it's a good idea to be seriously looking at it yet.

Because I saw what happened with IoA and the original expansion of the resort. I've seen what happened with DAK and how WDW was more or less paralyzed for a while due to the strain on resources. I saw 9/11 happen and cripple UOR even further than the Universal Escape debacle.

IoA was a GREAT park when it opened. Still, up until recently it was never really a boon to Universal. My point is, Universal could build a great park and market forces or outside stimuli could cause it to tank. I mean, I'd go to a 3rd park no question. I just don't want them seeing the results Diagon Alley is giving them and expect a third park to do the same no matter what.
I love how you act like I wasn't around for this or didn't go to IOA in it's opening year.

A third park would only make sense imo if they can get the Major blvd plot, keep that in mind when considering my opinion. They could easily build another one of the garden brides over the road to get there, there's so much they could do. Risks need to be taken sometime and a third Uni park in Orlando is definitely a risk, however I think the Major blvd plot would be close enough to where it would make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.