Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

What's going to happen tomorrow is: there will be plenty of people lined up at park opening who will get right in the queue. Once that fills up they'll give everyone else return times to get in line, then it will storm with a full queue and the people with return times won't be able to get in line. This will upset people, but there's really no other good way to handle the opening. Universal can't control the weather.

TPR has a mixed review on the attraction. Loved some elements, still bitter about a top 10 coaster being removed for this. He mentioned that the inside drop track portion, the first chunk of it looks unfinished, you can look around and see you're inside a warehouse.

Anyone else notice this?

I saw an edited pic on Twitter sometime ago where they had turned up the exposure on the official image released, and you can see where the tree cuts off and you notice the wall of the warehouse, but to the naked eye, and at the speed that you're passing through these scenes, this should not be noticeable. This bit of criticism seems like an absolute reach.

What's going to happen tomorrow is: there will be plenty of people lined up at park opening who will get right in the queue. Once that fills up they'll give everyone else return times to get in line, then it will storm with a full queue and the people with return times won't be able to get in line. This will upset people, but there's really no other good way to handle the opening. Universal can't control the weather.

Virtual queue won't be in effect until Friday. Tomorrow is just that long extended queue they've been setting up.

No virtual queue tomorrow. Also I don’t believe you will get a return time. Just notified when you can come join the actual line so delays won’t be a problem

For those of us planning on being at the resort prior to 6:30 when parking opens, what would be the best place to wait? In line for the parking booths or elsewhere?

TPR has a mixed review on the attraction. Loved some elements, still bitter about a top 10 coaster being removed for this. He mentioned that the inside drop track portion, the first chunk of it looks unfinished, you can look around and see you're inside a warehouse.

Anyone else notice this?

It's Alvey. Not to mention that DD wasn't a top 10 coaster after it stopped dueling (and this is coming from someone who loved the coasters and hasn't ridden very many, but it wasn't a top ten coaster for me even then).

Apparently a certain Mr. Alvey wasn't allowed to film on the attraction which lost him YT revenue. So I can imagine there's some bitterness.
Hahahaha..what a loser. Now everyone is entitled to their opinion but he's the 1st one to mention those things lol. And dragon challenge top 10? :_: did he think he would have special privileges?

It's Alvey. Not to mention that DD wasn't a top 10 coaster after it stopped dueling (and this is coming from someone who loved the coasters and hasn't ridden very many, but it wasn't a top ten coaster for me even then).

I mean,

He's ridden 1000's of coasters, if DD made it in his top 10 worldwide, I can understand why he may be more critical of its replacement from a coaster perspective. Everyone has a differing opinion of course.

Calling dueling dragons a top ten coaster(s) is just silly though. While the dueling aspect was great when it was operating, they were still two of the weakest B&M inverts out there!
And at the end of the day one of the best, if not the greatest B&M invert is down at Busch Gardens anyways

No virtual queue tomorrow
.....I think you mean Kings Island ;)
Montu is the best, mainly because there is literally no time between elements so you're being swirled around constantly. Every other inverted since that one has been ok, but never topped it for me. (And yeah, in what universe was DD a top 10 coaster? Especially after the dueling was removed. They were, at best, ok.)

Montu is the best, mainly because there is literally no time between elements so you're being swirled around constantly. Every other inverted since that one has been ok, but never topped it for me. (And yeah, in what universe was DD a top 10 coaster? Especially after the dueling was removed. They were, at best, ok.)
If nothing else, we can at least agree that both Banshee and Montu are better than either of dragons was.
And Raptor.
And Alpengeist