Discussion in 'Lower Lot/Studio Center' started by Brian G., Jul 4, 2019.
I mean, granted I have no idea how old he is, hopefully he could at least learn from any criticism.
He's still in high school. I wanna say junior year (entering senior year soon) from what I remember from one of his vids a few months ago. That's why I try to cut him some slack. He's young, so he's got a lot to learn. JP, make your presence known on these forums!
Ditto. We all may have been kinda awkward during those times. I especially don’t like my middle school self, though.
All right enough the vlogger gossip, let's get back to JW.
Jp was like this as well during peak. Its just the nature of the beast.
So I finally went on it, I wont do a review here but want to talk about the slow loading and offloading.
Now maybe something was off when I went, the ride did shut down when i was on it...so maybe I just caught it on a bad day but here are some things I do not get/think should chnage before Nintendoland opens and floods the parks even more.
1) The Lower Lot needs to be open when the park is open during busy days. You the escalators were faster than walking down the stairs because too many people at once were trying to get down.
2) When you say an attraction opens at 9, then make sure it is. I got there and was line at 9:10 and no one had been on the ride yet.
3) I got in the single rider line and we had to wait 3-5 mins as a CM guided people through the Q and then they started to load boats with people. Why waste times and capacity? Get Single Riders on the boats ASAP and send them out don't make them wait mins for the General line to catch up. Just wasting everyone's time.
3) Maybe they have to wait to load more people because they don't have the room to Q them up but I think then the loading area needs to be redone so it can load boats faster, just seems like an old system that was build in the 90s and not updated with the ride.
4) Fine Can't load more boats then can we make room to offload 2 boats? Its no fun to be stuck at the end of the ride, get people offloaded ASAP.
5) They need a quicker way to get your photo loaded to your Photo Pass if they insist on only having two people on a BUSY day working the Photo area. Make it where there is a code on the screen and you can type it into your Photopass website and not have to waste min's behind people who don't know what Photo package they want to waste 30 bucks on.
6) This one I don't know how to solve but the General Line got pisses and I mean riot ready at one point when they were stopped for a long time and they just kept filling boats with people who had the paid Front of the Line passes, I understand they paid to not wait but they need a better system or I feel bad for the CM's who just are going to get yelled at.
Anyone that's my thoughts, Universal Hire me, I'd love to solve at least some of these problems for you...it would be fun.
Considering it is a new ops team and only 1 weeks of softs I think things will get better. They can certainly load and dispatch quicker. I noticed an improvement from the first week to last. I think they also are holding boats due to sync issues and boats backing up. I was timing boats at every 60 seconds when it was running good. I know they can do better than that.
Well at Least I'm not insane in thinking they were loading slower than than they should be.
Also on my second ride on JW the Audio went out of sync for a little right as we went down the the small hill after the lift hill until the final scene it was off then seemed to resync it self.
Universal has photo pass?
Yes its 50 dollars (plus tax) for a year
All digtial photo's are free and you can a big discount if you get any printed there...its the Photo Center on the right when you enter the park right after Guest Services
Had no idea. Learn something new everyday.
Boy the hype surrounding this has been something. I get they’re having a few issues here and there but when was the last time you saw JP on either coaster with a somewhat consistent 3-4 hour wait??
The hype is definitely there for this new ride! Although the park has been getting lucky that its been above 90 degrees the past few days and Jurassic World is the perfect ride to cool off on!
It’s popular but wait times are highly inflated. Listed at 180 is more like 60 - 90.
True, but I'd argue that even 60-90 minute waits were fairly rare for JP.
Its been since what Potter since we got a new E-ticketish ride? Last year we just got a new 3D show...Universal fans are hungry for new rides.
Which is why I have my fingers crossed somehow Nintendoland has two rides to help satisfy the craving
I do find that most people don't do water rides, regardless of the heat. People don't want to be wet all day. The fact its having consistently high wait times Id say is a good sign for hype and popularity.
It was HOT Sunday and the kids next to me were getting upset everytime they got wet...i was like thank god...its hot. Get me soaked
Oh I love the water rides tbh. In Orlando during JP, Dudley's, and Popeye's basically gets me so wet I have to buy a new shirt everytime or just go without one for a bit but on a hot day its so worth it. Still though, wait times like this for a water ride are great!
Does anyone know if these shirts are sold anywhere but Jurassic Outfitters? My son is away at summer camp and I wanted to get one for him before they sell out. I'd drop by before work, but last time we were there the lower lot wasn't open until 10 am.
Does anyone know if they are opening it earlier now that the ride is open?
Separate names with a comma.