Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

I mean, granted I have no idea how old he is, hopefully he could at least learn from any criticism.

He's still in high school. I wanna say junior year (entering senior year soon) from what I remember from one of his vids a few months ago. That's why I try to cut him some slack. He's young, so he's got a lot to learn. JP, make your presence known on these forums!

3oe9iYP.jpg

3 of the 4 were lit but I thought all 4 were lit when I saw it from the escalators. Definitely gives it a better look and I imagine at night it will be Lit!
Did a couple rides today wait times were 170 - 180 min. Probably inflated still but I got on single and express in about 15 each. Also app notified me at 9:30 ish the ride was open.

Also they need more TM’s managing the line out by single and Express. It’s kinda a cluster there when express is busy. I saw one TM not doing anything except talking to JPLand21. That kid is going to get someone fired.

Jp was like this as well during peak. Its just the nature of the beast.

So I finally went on it, I wont do a review here but want to talk about the slow loading and offloading.

Now maybe something was off when I went, the ride did shut down when i was on it...so maybe I just caught it on a bad day but here are some things I do not get/think should chnage before Nintendoland opens and floods the parks even more.

1) The Lower Lot needs to be open when the park is open during busy days. You the escalators were faster than walking down the stairs because too many people at once were trying to get down.
2) When you say an attraction opens at 9, then make sure it is. I got there and was line at 9:10 and no one had been on the ride yet.
3) I got in the single rider line and we had to wait 3-5 mins as a CM guided people through the Q and then they started to load boats with people. Why waste times and capacity? Get Single Riders on the boats ASAP and send them out don't make them wait mins for the General line to catch up. Just wasting everyone's time.
3) Maybe they have to wait to load more people because they don't have the room to Q them up but I think then the loading area needs to be redone so it can load boats faster, just seems like an old system that was build in the 90s and not updated with the ride.
4) Fine Can't load more boats then can we make room to offload 2 boats? Its no fun to be stuck at the end of the ride, get people offloaded ASAP.
5) They need a quicker way to get your photo loaded to your Photo Pass if they insist on only having two people on a BUSY day working the Photo area. Make it where there is a code on the screen and you can type it into your Photopass website and not have to waste min's behind people who don't know what Photo package they want to waste 30 bucks on.
6) This one I don't know how to solve but the General Line got pisses and I mean riot ready at one point when they were stopped for a long time and they just kept filling boats with people who had the paid Front of the Line passes, I understand they paid to not wait but they need a better system or I feel bad for the CM's who just are going to get yelled at.

Anyone that's my thoughts, Universal Hire me, I'd love to solve at least some of these problems for you...it would be fun.

So I finally went on it, I wont do a review here but want to talk about the slow loading and offloading.

Now maybe something was off when I went, the ride did shut down when i was on it...so maybe I just caught it on a bad day but here are some things I do not get/think should chnage before Nintendoland opens and floods the parks even more.

1) The Lower Lot needs to be open when the park is open during busy days. You the escalators were faster than walking down the stairs because too many people at once were trying to get down.
2) When you say an attraction opens at 9, then make sure it is. I got there and was line at 9:10 and no one had been on the ride yet.
3) I got in the single rider line and we had to wait 3-5 mins as a CM guided people through the Q and then they started to load boats with people. Why waste times and capacity? Get Single Riders on the boats ASAP and send them out don't make them wait mins for the General line to catch up. Just wasting everyone's time.
3) Maybe they have to wait to load more people because they don't have the room to Q them up but I think then the loading area needs to be redone so it can load boats faster, just seems like an old system that was build in the 90s and not updated with the ride.
4) Fine Can't load more boats then can we make room to offload 2 boats? Its no fun to be stuck at the end of the ride, get people offloaded ASAP.
5) They need a quicker way to get your photo loaded to your Photo Pass if they insist on only having two people on a BUSY day working the Photo area. Make it where there is a code on the screen and you can type it into your Photopass website and not have to waste min's behind people who don't know what Photo package they want to waste 30 bucks on.
6) This one I don't know how to solve but the General Line got pisses and I mean riot ready at one point when they were stopped for a long time and they just kept filling boats with people who had the paid Front of the Line passes, I understand they paid to not wait but they need a better system or I feel bad for the CM's who just are going to get yelled at.

Anyone that's my thoughts, Universal Hire me, I'd love to solve at least some of these problems for you...it would be fun.
Considering it is a new ops team and only 1 weeks of softs I think things will get better. They can certainly load and dispatch quicker. I noticed an improvement from the first week to last. I think they also are holding boats due to sync issues and boats backing up. I was timing boats at every 60 seconds when it was running good. I know they can do better than that.

Considering it is a new ops team and only 1 weeks of softs I think things will get better. They can certainly load and dispatch quicker. I noticed an improvement from the first week to last. I think they also are holding boats due to sync issues and boats backing up. I was timing boats at every 60 seconds when it was running good. I know they can do better than that.
Well at Least I'm not insane in thinking they were loading slower than than they should be.
Also on my second ride on JW the Audio went out of sync for a little right as we went down the the small hill after the lift hill until the final scene it was off then seemed to resync it self.

Universal has photo pass?

Boy the hype surrounding this has been something. I get they’re having a few issues here and there but when was the last time you saw JP on either coaster with a somewhat consistent 3-4 hour wait??

Boy the hype surrounding this has been something. I get they’re having a few issues here and there but when was the last time you saw JP on either coaster with a somewhat consistent 3-4 hour wait??
The hype is definitely there for this new ride! Although the park has been getting lucky that its been above 90 degrees the past few days and Jurassic World is the perfect ride to cool off on!

It’s popular but wait times are highly inflated. Listed at 180 is more like 60 - 90.

Its been since what Potter since we got a new E-ticketish ride? Last year we just got a new 3D show...Universal fans are hungry for new rides.
Which is why I have my fingers crossed somehow Nintendoland has two rides to help satisfy the craving

I do find that most people don't do water rides, regardless of the heat. People don't want to be wet all day. The fact its having consistently high wait times Id say is a good sign for hype and popularity.

I do find that most people don't do water rides, regardless of the heat. People don't want to be wet all day. The fact its having consistently high wait times Id say is a good sign for hype and popularity.
It was HOT Sunday and the kids next to me were getting upset everytime they got wet...i was like thank god...its hot. Get me soaked

Oh I love the water rides tbh. In Orlando during JP, Dudley's, and Popeye's basically gets me so wet I have to buy a new shirt everytime or just go without one for a bit but on a hot day its so worth it. Still though, wait times like this for a water ride are great!

At the park right now. It did break down earlier but they got it back up. It’s probably just to scare away guests since I heard it was a 4 hour wait when I rode it about an hour ago in the single rider line. (Waited 30 minutes for that)

Dramatic effect. They could have done a vibration or something when it swims under but then again, the “Aquarium fit for a dinosaur” sign and diagram shows you’re supposedly in a part closed off from the tank. Still could have done a vibration though.

Edit: Forgot to mention they’re selling limited edition Grand Opening shirts. Get ‘em while they’re hot. I missed the “Journey to Extinction” ones and I still kick myself for it.
image0.jpg

image1.jpg

Does anyone know if these shirts are sold anywhere but Jurassic Outfitters? My son is away at summer camp and I wanted to get one for him before they sell out. I'd drop by before work, but last time we were there the lower lot wasn't open until 10 am.

Does anyone know if they are opening it earlier now that the ride is open?