1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

Discussion in 'Lower Lot/Studio Center' started by Brian G., Jul 4, 2019.

1. smoaT

smoaT Member

It seems so amateurish. It seems like this is the first ride they have ever opened. Why is there so much chaos around the opening of this ride? I agree. Some weird decisions

But why is there so much chaos? It's not a new ride or ride system. It's the same ride system they previously had. Not sure if everyone there is new (I would think some old operators are there) but the ride is almost 25 years old, someone there must know how the hell to run this ride. I remember when Transformers opened they had the perfect loading/unloading process. Everyone knew what they were doing and in the military style of the attraction they would make you load and unload very quickly by hurrying you up like in a boot camp.

Yeah. I have noticed that and still don't understand why they do it. Inflating it to double the wait time seems very weird. In theme parks you know that you might get on the ride 10 or 15 mins before the estimated wait time, but a whole hour? Seems odd

allaboutthatchase likes this.
  2. tacalert

tacalert Rookie

The ride layout itself is different. There is this big aquarium scene when you first enter. The old ride just had dinosaurs moving around in it. Multiple boats could be there. Now there is an actual show. I am no expert, which you are not either.

But I am sure there are issues with the ride and I for one am happy they opened it. I rode it twice last night. Had no issues with the wait or the unloading.

But on JW, you are exiting a boat that is below the loading dock and you must step up. Transformers is high up and you step down. Much easier. Plus Transformers is 9 people per ride. JW is 25. Lot more people to get on and off.

Disneyland, MM, Knotts, Sea World all inflate their ride times. Nothing new here.

3. smoaT

smoaT Member

My point is that there weren't load/unload issues before. The differences in ride vehicles are evident but my point is that there shouldn't be this kind of problems unloading and loading people in an attraction that did not change the ride system for loading and unloading. I am aware the scene changed for the Mosasaurus, but loading and unloading is the same as before. One boat unloads, two boats load. Even same boats as before.
    Now, my point of wait times is that theme parks inflate them, but not in the excess of one hour, which is clearly explained in my comment. All to say that decision making at USH has been strange.

4. Fallow

Fallow Veteran Member

His point is that only one boat can now be in the Mosasaur scene at any given time, which may indeed have been a macro miscalculation for capacity. Ideally, the system would know to stall boats on the lift before "actually" dispatching them into the scene, allowing for the typical two boat load.

tacalert likes this.
  5. BriefCasey

BriefCasey Rookie

If that's the case, I wonder why that after blue shows up, you can hear the Indominus stomping through foilage and then you see the head roaring. Maybe it'll set up for some suspense once the final animatronic is done?

6. smoaT

smoaT Member

I read his post. I understand that, but I still don't understand how the Mosasaurus scene would affect the way people are loaded and unloaded from the boats at the end of the ride. They still line up and still have to be loaded and unloaded of people the same way as before. Right?

I don't know. I think that maybe that's the Indominous we got. It would be odd to open the ride, then close it for another month or two to add a huge animatronic (a very tall order since it would go in the main building that is notoriously difficult to put things in) and then open it again fully operational. I think that what we see is what we get. BUT Universal has made strange decisions this summer so I guess anything is possible.

7. Dustin

Dustin Premium Member

Kind of surprised he posted that but I guess the cat must be out of the bag. That article is 100% correct

Fallow likes this.
  8. Evan

Evan Member

I have to think this head just be the final irex head and the body isn’t ready yet... I can’t imagine they produced a fully AA head for a temporary fill in?

rocklobsterrr_85 and Rideguy70 like this.
  9. Kenny Motolinia

Kenny Motolinia Newcomer

So just checked the universal app and know Jurassic world is open during early entry

Fallow likes this.
  10. tacalert

tacalert Rookie

Thank you. You read my mind. :>)

11. Kevin McCane

Kevin McCane Rookie

BUT THINK OF THE CHAOS!!!

12. Mr_Green

Mr_Green Rookie

How long is the first scene?

13. Kevin McCane

Kevin McCane Rookie

From first splashdown into the 'When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth' to end of the aquarium it's 1 minute 20 seconds (give or take a second)

14. Rideguy70

Rideguy70 Member

I went on JW twice yesterday, and both times, there was more than one boat in the Mosasaur scene at once. We entered about the same time as the glass effect on the boat in front of us. I noticed the "windows" of the aquarium angled such you can't see him from both areas at once.

15. tacalert

tacalert Rookie

Well there you go. It can and cannot work with two boats in the aquarium scene.

16. Fallow

Fallow Veteran Member

Clever girl.

Dustin likes this.
  17. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

So Universal's flying drones masked as Pteranodons around the LA area, in marketing for the new ride.

therock, Fallow, alias8703 and 2 others like this.
  18. SailwiththeTide

SailwiththeTide Member

Maybe they should put some of those on the ride to replace those rubber ones.

19. Mr_Green

Mr_Green Rookie

So that means they dispatch a boat every 1 and a half?

20. Kevin McCane

Kevin McCane Rookie

According to Rideguy, sounds like that can be fudged (for now, at least).