General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's one thing I could see being added. Let's hope they didn't throw those animatronics in the scrap heap when the original ride first closed.

They’re gonna re-add the compys to Predator Cove.

I mean, hey, that would be an improvement! The compies were originally right before Hadrosaur Cove, with one of the Spitters (with flaps not extended) lurking in the crashed boat. If we could get both of those guys back, it would go a long way...

They’re gonna re-add the compys to Predator Cove.

I mean, hey, that would be an improvement! The compies were originally right before Hadrosaur Cove, with one of the Spitters (with flaps not extended) lurking in the crashed boat. If we could get both of those guys back, it would go a long way...

You know--they could really work well feasting on the dead Pteranadons...

I'm hoping for those, and some more of the Squad on the second lift hill.

Reactions: BriefCasey
I’m not gonna believe any rumors until the ride is officially open again. I don’t want to give myself high expectations again.
THIS

I will wait and try not to get too hyped...added Dinosaurs cool but where is the real question and will they be added in cool ways or rushed and thrown in there? I'll wait and hope the 2.0 of the ride is what we should have gotten a year ago

Reactions: Blaw923
You know--they could really work well feasting on the dead Pteranadons...

I'm hoping for those, and some more of the Squad on the second lift hill.
If they do that, I kind of wonder if they could make some better looking pteranodon props to look like they’re being fed on.

Also by Squad, do you mean raptors? Got confused a little.

I’ll take literally anything in that spot. Some movement in that area of any sort would really help to elevate the ride.
Exactly! I can’t remember the last time universal went in, this quickly after a ride opening, and changed things not only that were planned but also based on fan feedback. It’s really exciting and any update should be a good one.

Last edited:
Exactly! I can’t remember the last time universal went in, this quickly after a ride opening, and changing things not only that were planned but also based on fan feedback. It’s really exciting and any update should be a good one.
It shows you that a Universal is one step ahead of Lucasfilm. They actually listen to their fans. :whistle:

Exactly! I can’t remember the last time universal went in, this quickly after a ride opening, and changing things not only that were planned but also based on fan feedback. It’s really exciting and any update should be a good one.
It shows you that a Universal is one step ahead of Lucasfilm. They actually listen to their fans. :whistle:
Ehh, I am not at all convinced any of this was motivated by "fan feedback." They were behind schedule and over budget, and they made the choice to open a 75% completed project for peak months rather than let it stay closed because that would have resulted in even more problems. They're just finally getting this thing across the finish line.

I'm sure there will be plenty of negative fan feedback after this next iteration opens (there will always be negative fan feedback of some kind), and this will be the response: :shrug:

Ehh, I am not at all convinced any of this was motivated by "fan feedback." They were behind schedule and over budget, and they made the choice to open a 75% completed project for peak months rather than let it go incomplete because that would have resulted in even more problems. They're just finally getting this thing across the finish line.

I'm sure there will be plenty of negative fan feedback after this next iteration opens (there will always be negative fan feedback of some kind), and this will be the response: :shrug:

I think you are spot on here. There’s no way this is because of feedback, that would be too fast. This was planned, they opened the ride unfinished.

Ehh, I am not at all convinced any of this was motivated by "fan feedback." They were behind schedule and over budget, and they made the choice to open a 75% completed project for peak months rather than let it stay closed because that would have resulted in even more problems. They're just finally getting this thing across the finish line.

I think you are spot on here. There’s no way this is because of feedback, that would be too fast. This was planned, they opened the ride unfinished.

It’s a bit of both. The original I-Rex AA didn’t work as planned, and they ordered a replacement. The option was open with the temp I-Rex or open later with the new one. They chose to not miss the Summer season and open it. Other than that, the ride was finished. Now with the benefit of some reviews and some hindsight, they may indeed tweak some aspects of the ride.

Last edited:
Don't forget the Blue Sky vision for this was to have it entirely enclosed. Wonder if the Predator Cove in that concept might have some stuff crossing into this modest upgrade...

It’s a bit of both. The original I-Rex AA didn’t work as planned, and they ordered a replacement. The option was open with the temp I-Rex or open later with the new one. They chose to not miss the Summer season and open it. Other than that, the ride was finished. Now with the benefit of some reviews and some hindsight, they may indeed tweak some aspects of the ride.
Seconding this completely. That's why my initial post said "things not only that were planned but also based on fan feedback" it's both..