General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride | Page 68 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Soooo, do we know for sure that the old Indo is going to be right before the lift after predator cove? That would really be a great addition, one I think is overlooked, but it would definitely give that lift scene more life since I think that’s one of the many areas that was severely downgraded during the conversion.

Soooo, do we know for sure that the old Indo is going to be right before the lift after predator cove? That would really be a great addition, one I think is overlooked, but it would definitely give that lift scene more life since I think that’s one of the many areas that was severely downgraded during the conversion.
It should really add some bite to that dead space. I also think that the OG had more destruction in that area with the wrecked boats and vehicles, but the wrecked gyrosphere with the compies should bring some of that back. I wish Uni did this with more rides, listening to guest feedback and changing accordingly

It should really add some bite to that dead space. I also think that the OG had more destruction in that area with the wrecked boats and vehicles, but the wrecked gyrosphere with the compies should bring some of that back. I wish Uni did this with more rides, listening to guest feedback and changing accordingly
Absolutely. The Dilo’s popping up before the lift and then the three raptors instead of 1 was a lot more entertaining than the TV’s with human characters from the film.

Reactions: JawsVictim
I also hope they considered swapping out Claire’s relatively dim TV in Predator Cove with a brighter outdoor LED display or something like that.

Also, this might be an unpopular opinion, but I don’t care for Dilo #2. It distracts from ceiling Indo and Blue. Dilo #1 is fine for setting the tone for the scene.

I also hope they considered swapping out Claire’s relatively dim TV in Predator Cove with a brighter outdoor LED display or something like that.
If memory serves from previous drone photos, I think they built an overhang where Claire's monitor is to block out sunlight.
I think it's likely because of the tarp that was spotted on the left of that area. It'd really add to the feeling of how it's after the riders.
Absolutely. The Dilo’s popping up before the lift and then the three raptors instead of 1 was a lot more entertaining than the TV’s with human characters from the film.
Was it three on the lift hill? I'm pretty sure it was just the one that came from the left and then the ceiling raptor.

Reactions: 180°
If memory serves from previous drone photos, I think they built an overhang where Claire's monitor is to block out sunlight.

I think it's likely because of the tarp that was spotted on the left of that area. It'd really add to the feeling of how it's after the riders.

Was it three on the lift hill? I'm pretty sure it was just the one that came from the left and then the ceiling raptor.

Originally, there was the spitter (that does not spit) hanging in the downed boat. Then, two spitters arrive after the jeep. Finally, in the ascent, two raptors were supposed to attack - one from the left, and one from the ceiling. The one on the left went MIA for many years and never returned before the Jurassic World refresh.

Also, this might be an unpopular opinion, but I don’t care for Dilo #2. It distracts from ceiling Indo and Blue. Dilo #1 is fine for setting the tone for the scene.
I actually think they should’ve kept the boat dilo somewhere in the cove chewing on a hat or something, and then moved one of the dilos to that caged in t-Rex info area before the lift. This alongside the Indo head being moved to the enclosure would make for a very lively area. I’d only keep the first dilo inside the building, and then second one closer to blue should be used for my idea above. Plus, by spreading them out, it makes getting wet from each one more of a surprise

Reactions: 180°
Originally, there was the spitter (that does not spit) hanging in the downed boat. Then, two spitters arrive after the jeep. Finally, in the ascent, two raptors were supposed to attack - one from the left, and one from the ceiling. The one on the left went MIA for many years and never returned before the Jurassic World refresh.
Yeah, I know there were three spitters. Quote said three raptors, so maybe it was an error?

And yeah, while the missing raptor returning would be nice, I'm gonna temper my expectations. Only expecting what was visible from drone photos and the full body Indo.

While Id be doen for more Raptors...the Rex vs Indo battle is what I REALLY care about if that is amazing then im good...though yes I hope they made Predators cove into something interesting and maybe at the last minute sneak back in the bad tree joke (with just one tree tagged not all of them)

Yeah I checked. It was two. It would have been nice to get that one back though for the new ride.
I read a while ago that they reused the raptor coming from the left for blue. The head, arms, and body are supposedly the same, which makes sense, as blue has similar head movements to this raptor back when it was in its prime. Apparently they just swapped out the legs for the walking effect, put new skin on it, and called it good

While Id be doen for more Raptors...the Rex vs Indo battle is what I REALLY care about if that is amazing then im good...though yes I hope they made Predators cove into something interesting and maybe at the last minute sneak back in the bad tree joke (with just one tree tagged not all of them)
I was outraged by the removal of bad tree more than any other theme park change

Something I just realized: Originally there was supposed to be one last monitor with Claire and Owen on it after the final drop as the riders returned to the station, but it was taken out before the ride opened.

Was it spotted during Taste of Universal? It'd be cool if they brought it back.

Reactions: highdefrex
Something I just realized: Originally there was supposed to be one last monitor with Claire and Owen on it after the final drop as the riders returned to the station, but it was taken out before the ride opened.

Was it spotted during Taste of Universal? It'd be cool if they brought it back.

I don't believe it was, but the reason for the removal I believe was to prevent water damage, wasn't visible to riders at times and would repeat constantly if there was a backup. It just didn't make much sense.

Reactions: Clive and Evan
Aw, that makes sense. Is there even any footage of it anywhere? I could have sworn there was, but I don’t know where it was in someone's construction update videos, and I didn’t watch it back then because I thought it would be in the finished thing.

EDIT: Found footage of it being set up back during the construction phase. Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

I think the footage I'm thinking of might have been an older JPland video, I'll have to check.

Last edited: