General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t open again tomorrow, but I would definitely want to be on the boats when it opens next.

I have a feeling this downtime is to address the finale, so it might be operating on A mode when it runs next.

Reactions: rocklobsterrr_85
Disney is a company that usually knows what it's doing (theme park wise). They have the ocasional flop and they do have blind spots but in general it's the king of theme parks for a reason. Mainly the very high standards Walt left behind. I take them as an example of how things can and should be run at theme parks and I will still be going on about how Disney does things if I please, thank you very much
Great! I’m sure your constant comparisons to Disney as the high water mark to which all other parks should dream to be will go over really well in a Universal Studios thread.

Exactly. I have been saying that for years. The fact that JP was left to rot, it doesn't mean it had to be updated and change so much for JW. Disney doesn't let rides get to that point of total neglect of a ride. Mind you that Pirates has dozens and dozens of animatronics and it opened in the 60s and that ride is still going strong. When a ride has problems they just do an extensive refurb (like Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain). They leave their classics (most of the time) and they have the same challenges Universal faces. Someone mentioned that the AAs were hard to upkeep because they were outside, totally forgetting that Jungle Cruise has one big AA under a constant stream of water and it still works and looks good. JP was impressive when it opened and it was still impressive like 5 or 6 years ago, management just neglected that ride. Would it have been impossible to replace old AAs with new ones, remove the dead foliage and just plant more trees? fixing the explorer falling gag and just take care of it? The parking complaint was easily fixable as you say. I just don't understand why people are trying to wiggle Universal out of its responsibility to upkeep their business.

My point here is that Universal is in the theme park business. They do that for a living (at least the theme park division) They are supposed to deliver a top notch guest experience and offer a good product, they surely are charging for a superior experience. It is a business, I don't know why people cut them some slack. It's like going to a restaurant, ordering something and then making excuses for them, "oh, well they just had 5 minutes to prepare my food. I guess it's fine that my chicken is not cooked well". It's not ok, they are a multibillion company that can and should invest time and money in their product. 9 months is a lot of time to do something better than what they did. The should have restored the ride to it's former glory. If it's not enough time, then take more time. Disneyland has taken rides offline for months to make sure their refurbs are up to par. Thunder mountain went offline more than a year to replace the track and final effects. Space Mountain went under for almost 2 years to replace the whole track. (I know Matterhorn is desperate for a refurb but another topic for another day).
It is frustrating because Universal Creative has shown what they are capable of, but they are very inconsistent. You get impressive rides like Hagrid's and Forbidden journey and then you get turds like King Kong and Fast and Furious (at Orlando. They are perfectly fine parts of the Studio Tour, but awful standalone attractions)
All in all, we should not get shortchanged just because they didn't plan the refurb well or just because they wanted to avoid problems.
By the way, I still mourn BTTF. Simpsons is something that needs to go.
Dude your literally writing book reports I think you need to calm down a little.

Forums are for that precisely, discuss and talk about our points. I like to give foundations to my opinions.
Unless you are part of Universal Creative and have concrete, from-the-horses-mouth proof that they “...didn’t plant the refurb well” or they’re “shortchanging” guests because they didn’t go with your ideas, then your opinions aren’t grounded in any kind of reality. If you’re constantly comparing what Universal does to what Disney does, you’ll always be disappointed. It’s not worth your time coming here if all you do is crap on Universal and say “well, Disney does it!”

I'm gonna guess the downtime is for the sake of ensuring the Indo can go from B-Mode to A-Mode, alongside adding any additional effects to Predator Cove.
I don't think any effects are going to be added to Predator Cove. I'm fine with the area, although I can't stand those "dead" dinosaurs. I just really want to see the Indo in all its glory!

Reactions: rocklobsterrr_85
Unless you are part of Universal Creative and have concrete, from-the-horses-mouth proof that they “...didn’t plant the refurb well” or they’re “shortchanging” guests because they didn’t go with your ideas, then your opinions aren’t grounded in any kind of reality. If you’re constantly comparing what Universal does to what Disney does, you’ll always be disappointed. It’s not worth your time coming here if all you do is crap on Universal and say “well, Disney does it!”
We can pretty much give our opinions on the results. People certainly did and Universal even addressed them on trip advisor reviews of Fast and Furious at Florida. Is it prohibited in this forum to try to draw conclusions? am I not entitled to my opinion and give reasons of why I think what I think? No one in the forums will ever get the full picture of how decisions are made at any park because you would need a top brass to either be in these forums or to leak it to someone here. That is never going to happen so we go with assumptions based on the results. If you take Fast and Furious in Florida and try to come up with an explanation of what happened there, we are just speculating but a "they just went the lazy route" wouldn't be stupid to conclude, even not having the insight of Universal's decision.
I don't drink the kool aid for any company. I like Disney but I also critique their decisions. I am on the underwhelmed camp on Galaxy's Edge, so no, I will not always be impressed by Disney or disappointed of what Universal does. I am truly impressed with some of the new rides Universal has created. I truly am. I am of the idea that Forbidden Journey is the ride to beat for any theme park. I have been a member of this forum for 6 years, and an AP for Universal Studios for 9. I love the park, and I got to experience the dark ages even before Transformers. We knew back then that our beloved park was belittled but we didn't care. My love for UHS is rooted in my childhood. I admire their efforts and what they have achieved in less than 10 years. A report just came out that the theme park that experienced the most attendance growth in the US in the last decade was Universal Studios Hollywood. They more than doubled attendance. I am happy because now it's a serious player, not an after thought. So do not mistake my desire for them to try their very best for crapping on everything they do

Reactions: youhow2
We can pretty much give our opinions on the results. People certainly did and Universal even addressed them on trip advisor reviews of Fast and Furious at Florida. Is it prohibited in this forum to try to draw conclusions? am I not entitled to my opinion and give reasons of why I think what I think? No one in the forums will ever get the full picture of how decisions are made at any park because you would need a top brass to either be in these forums or to leak it to someone here. That is never going to happen so we go with assumptions based on the results. If you take Fast and Furious in Florida and try to come up with an explanation of what happened there, we are just speculating but a "they just went the lazy route" wouldn't be stupid to conclude, even not having the insight of Universal's decision.
I don't drink the kool aid for any company. I like Disney but I also critique their decisions. I am on the underwhelmed camp on Galaxy's Edge, so no, I will not always be impressed by Disney or disappointed of what Universal does. I am truly impressed with some of the new rides Universal has created. I truly am. I am of the idea that Forbidden Journey is the ride to beat for any theme park. I have been a member of this forum for 6 years, and an AP for Universal Studios for 9. I love the park, and I got to experience the dark ages even before Transformers. We knew back then that our beloved park was belittled but we didn't care. My love for UHS is rooted in my childhood. I admire their efforts and what they have achieved in less than 10 years. A report just came out that the theme park that experienced the most attendance growth in the US in the last decade was Universal Studios Hollywood. They more than doubled attendance. I am happy because now it's a serious player, not an after thought. So do not mistake my desire for them to try their very best for crapping on everything they do
I didn’t even read past the first sentence on any of these novel-like posts. Who let this Disney troll in?

I’m not reading all of that. Whatever you say. I’m done.

I understand your passionate about the park but I think you were coming off really negative and overly harsh without considering the context of this project. I have no problem with people being disappointed but your taking it to a whole new level.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t open again tomorrow, but I would definitely want to be on the boats when it opens next.

I have a feeling this downtime is to address the finale, so it might be operating on A mode when it runs next.
Maybe, but at this point who knows. My memory fails but has there ever been another ride opening that was as weird as this one at USH? We know about technical rehearsals and working kinks but the timing of this one seems a bit off, like Hagrid's.

Why do you think USH is inflating wait times? is it that they want to prepare you mentally for the amount of time you might experience even if it's way less or to discourage a lot of people from lining up on previews?

You’re STILL going on about “Disney does this, Disney does that!”??
I can name several things Disney left in poor shape -- Disneyland's Space Mountain (which had an unexpected closure due to, um, "an issue"); the tents rotting away at Mickey's whatever-this-month at WDW, the current sad shape of WDW's space Mountain, the broken down elements in Energy before it finally closed (curtains not working, doors not closing).... Oh and let's not forget Presser's "ride them till failure" which resulted in the Big Thunder tragedy.

Reactions: SukaVayne73
I understand your passionate about the park but I think you were coming off really negative and overly harsh without considering the context of this project. I have no problem with people being disappointed but your taking to a whole new level.
Well, I am disappointed, like many others here, but it's just a ride. Anyway I don't want to beat the dead horse, but I do understand where you're coming from. I really do, but in my opinion there are some contexts not valid for a multibillion company like "there was not enough time or money". I understand Hagrid's problems and I understand that context. Apparently that ride can't catch a break (pun intended). I am just trying to say that if the context is "we didn't have enough time or money", it would sound bad in my opinion. Does that make sense?

I can name several things Disney left in poor shape -- Disneyland's Space Mountain (which had an unexpected closure due to, um, "an issue"); the tents rotting away at Mickey's whatever-this-month at WDW, the current sad shape of WDW's space Mountain, the broken down elements in Energy before it finally closed (curtains not working, doors not closing).... Oh and let's not forget Presser's "ride them till failure" which resulted in the Big Thunder tragedy.
I have heard before about maintenance issues at Walt Disney World but apparently you have noticed them first hand. Disneyland has a huge Tomorrowland problem as well.

The downtime was not to change the finale. Tech issues. Keep in mind they ripped out all the 1996 computers during the renovation.

The finished finale scene won’t debut for a few months.
Oh that makes sense. They changed the entire computer system. Since you seem to have insight, will the finale have charging T Rex and Indominous? or is it an effect that we haven't seen yet?

Reactions: OrlLover
Well, I am disappointed, like many others here, but it's just a ride. Anyway I don't want to beat the dead horse, but I do understand where you're coming from. I really do, but in my opinion there are some contexts not valid for a multibillion company like "there was not enough time or money". I understand Hagrid's problems and I understand that context. Apparently that ride can't catch a break (pun intended). I am just trying to say that if the context is "we didn't have enough time or money", it would sound bad in my opinion. Does that make sense?

I have heard before about maintenance issues at Walt Disney World but apparently you have noticed them first hand. Disneyland has a huge Tomorrowland problem as well.

Oh that makes sense. They changed the entire computer system. Since you seem to have insight, will the finale have charging T Rex and Indominous? or is it an effect that we haven't seen yet?

Haven’t seen it yet in this attraction. Apparently will require short downtime to install

If true, why wouldn't Universal want it ready to go for an opening date? It seems odd to me that a ride would be built knowing the main effect can't be installed until after opening.[/QUOTE]