Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

Jurassic Park was my favorite ride at Universal Studios Hollywood, and I would base decisions on going purely if it was open or not. When I watched videos of Jurassic World, I was really disappointed with the screens and the lack of stuff in Predator Cove. However, I have now gotten a chance to ride it 5 times and I love it. It isn't perfect and there are some things that I prefer about Jurassic Park, but this is definitely my favorite ride in the park and one of my favorites in all of California.

The aquarium scene does look way better in person. However, I greatly prefer the original beginning since it wasn't a series of screens. I can forgive this part though since I love most of the rest of the ride. Once I got to the first AA Dinos, I was amazed at how good they looked. I know these are just reskinned old dinos, but they look like new and it greatly improves the experience. Predator Cove works way better in person. There is a lot of atmosphere in the area that you don't get from watching videos. I think it does a great job in building up the tension for the finale. However, I would like to see some stuff added to this area. Something like the falling jeep scene, plus a couple of smaller dino AAs would make this perfect.

I actually didn't mind the use of screens up the lifthill. From the moment that the raptor drops out of the ceiling until the end of the final drop, this ride is amongst the greatest of all time theme park experiences. The jungle setting, Blue, the Indo plus the old dinos including the T-Rex all make me absolutely love this part of the ride. It more than makes up for the weak start with the aquarium. I am excited to see what the Indo will be like once it is in A mode.

Jurassic Park was my favorite ride at Universal Studios Hollywood, and I would base decisions on going purely if it was open or not. When I watched videos of Jurassic World, I was really disappointed with the screens and the lack of stuff in Predator Cove. However, I have now gotten a chance to ride it 5 times and I love it. It isn't perfect and there are some things that I prefer about Jurassic Park, but this is definitely my favorite ride in the park and one of my favorites in all of California.

The aquarium scene does look way better in person. However, I greatly prefer the original beginning since it wasn't a series of screens. I can forgive this part though since I love most of the rest of the ride. Once I got to the first AA Dinos, I was amazed at how good they looked. I know these are just reskinned old dinos, but they look like new and it greatly improves the experience. Predator Cove works way better in person. There is a lot of atmosphere in the area that you don't get from watching videos. I think it does a great job in building up the tension for the finale. However, I would like to see some stuff added to this area. Something like the falling jeep scene, plus a couple of smaller dino AAs would make this perfect.

I actually didn't mind the use of screens up the lifthill. From the moment that the raptor drops out of the ceiling until the end of the final drop, this ride is amongst the greatest of all time theme park experiences. The jungle setting, Blue, the Indo plus the old dinos including the T-Rex all make me absolutely love this part of the ride. It more than makes up for the weak start with the aquarium. I am excited to see what the Indo will be like once it is in A mode.
Welcome to the IU Forums. :thumbsup:

I thought Universal Creative has both teams in both locations?
I think it’s like WDI as even though it’s based in California there are smaller offices located in Florida. I believe UC is based in Orlando based on Wikipedia it relocated there back in 2001.

Found this video, one thing to note is that they have some word on why the aquarium transitioned the way it did. While I didn’t mind it, it’s worth knowing.

Found this video, one thing to note is that they have some word on why the aquarium transitioned the way it did. While I didn’t mind it, it’s worth knowing.

1) The video is well done and obviously what I'm about to say isn't against the person making the video

Along with SW land I feel Theme Parks are taking the new Video Game approach of, farfanoogin it we will fix it later instead of releasing a ride fully done. I for one am not a fan of this could you imagine The forbidden journey with no Dragon because "they didn't have time and will add it 6-8 months later" One of my favorite things about most Potter related attractions and lands is JK doesn't accept that poop and if the ride or land isn't up to standards wont Green Light it , I'm hoping Nintendo is the same and doesn't allow Nintendoland to Open half done.

Not to poop on everyone who worked on this because the ending even in B mode is still really great theme wise but doesn't excuse to me other declensions made.
For one the Tank, to me the Tank should have been added to Predators Cove right before the lift, the flashing lights and loud alarms going off could also explain why the mosasaurus is upset and attacks the boat and there is more than enough room at the bend/straight away before the lift where NOTHING happens to have added the Tank scene. Also to me the screens are fine but what is missing is some sort of use of base that could be on the side/under the boats thats they could use to make it feel like the mosasaurus is truly there and going under you.

I understand the average guest is going to enjoy the ride pretty much no matter what the ride is but would have been nice to really make this feel like a NEW 2018 E ticket, which parts of it does and other parts feel like its coming soon and hopefully one day they improve them.

Also to cover my bases as a hater, still think the ride is an 8/10 and fun but I see the potential of this ride becoming a 10/10 and its hard for me not to express my opinion on what could have been if more time was given both to the people outside (making the indominus rex and redoing the old Dinosaurs on the ride to feel more real and alive) and the people who had to work on the layout of the ride.

1) The video is well done and obviously what I'm about to say isn't against the person making the video

Along with SW land I feel Theme Parks are taking the new Video Game approach of, farfanoogin it we will fix it later instead of releasing a ride fully done. I for one am not a fan of this could you imagine The forbidden journey with no Dragon because "they didn't have time and will add it 6-8 months later" One of my favorite things about most Potter related attractions and lands is JK doesn't accept that poop and if the ride or land isn't up to standards wont Green Light it , I'm hoping Nintendo is the same and doesn't allow Nintendoland to Open half done.

Not to poop on everyone who worked on this because the ending even in B mode is still really great theme wise but doesn't excuse to me other declensions made.
For one the Tank, to me the Tank should have been added to Predators Cove right before the lift, the flashing lights and loud alarms going off could also explain why the mosasaurus is upset and attacks the boat and there is more than enough room at the bend/straight away before the lift where NOTHING happens to have added the Tank scene. Also to me the screens are fine but what is missing is some sort of use of base that could be on the side/under the boats thats they could use to make it feel like the mosasaurus is truly there and going under you.

I understand the average guest is going to enjoy the ride pretty much no matter what the ride is but would have been nice to really make this feel like a NEW 2018 E ticket, which parts of it does and other parts feel like its coming soon and hopefully one day they improve them.

Also to cover my bases as a hater, still think the ride is an 8/10 and fun but I see the potential of this ride becoming a 10/10 and its hard for me not to express my opinion on what could have been if more time was given both to the people outside (making the indominus rex and redoing the old Dinosaurs on the ride to feel more real and alive) and the people who had to work on the layout of the ride.
I think they wanted to hurry this opening up to take advantage of Disneyland's very soft summer, thus the surprise opening. . Seems like a wise move to me....and they will be able to again generate publicity/marketing/attendance when they kick this into A mode.