Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

I was ready for a video diss but never got it so thanks I guess lol
Your just reporting what they said and I appreciate least hearing the reasoning even if I don't agree with it all

I think they wanted to hurry this opening up to take advantage of Disneyland's very soft summer, thus the surprise opening. . Seems like a wise move to me....and they will be able to again generate publicity/marketing/attendance when they kick this into A mode.
Sure like i said a normal park guest doesn't have standards, I mean their are lines for the Jimmy Fallen and Fast and Furious ride in Orlando...so yeah they will ride anything.

1) The video is well done and obviously what I'm about to say isn't against the person making the video

Along with SW land I feel Theme Parks are taking the new Video Game approach of, farfanoogin it we will fix it later instead of releasing a ride fully done. I for one am not a fan of this could you imagine The forbidden journey with no Dragon because "they didn't have time and will add it 6-8 months later" One of my favorite things about most Potter related attractions and lands is JK doesn't accept that poop and if the ride or land isn't up to standards wont Green Light it , I'm hoping Nintendo is the same and doesn't allow Nintendoland to Open half done.

Not to poop on everyone who worked on this because the ending even in B mode is still really great theme wise but doesn't excuse to me other declensions made.
For one the Tank, to me the Tank should have been added to Predators Cove right before the lift, the flashing lights and loud alarms going off could also explain why the mosasaurus is upset and attacks the boat and there is more than enough room at the bend/straight away before the lift where NOTHING happens to have added the Tank scene. Also to me the screens are fine but what is missing is some sort of use of base that could be on the side/under the boats thats they could use to make it feel like the mosasaurus is truly there and going under you.

I understand the average guest is going to enjoy the ride pretty much no matter what the ride is but would have been nice to really make this feel like a NEW 2018 E ticket, which parts of it does and other parts feel like its coming soon and hopefully one day they improve them.

Also to cover my bases as a hater, still think the ride is an 8/10 and fun but I see the potential of this ride becoming a 10/10 and its hard for me not to express my opinion on what could have been if more time was given both to the people outside (making the indominus rex and redoing the old Dinosaurs on the ride to feel more real and alive) and the people who had to work on the layout of the ride.

These are all great ideas, :thumbsup: and its a shame they didn't implement them whether for budget reasons or not thinking of them

Sure like i said a normal park guest doesn't have standards, I mean their are lines for the Jimmy Fallen and Fast and Furious ride in Orlando...so yeah they will ride anything.
See the problem is we are judging these rides based on a enthusiast level so of course to us they have no standards. But I personally don’t agree with statements like that. If they have fun and enjoy themselves that is all that matters unfortunately.

See the problem is we are judging these rides based on a enthusiast level so of course to us they have no standards. But I personally don’t agree with statements like that. If they have fun and enjoy themselves that is all that matters unfortunately.
As much as I like Toy Story Mania I'd never call it a great ride, or even close to Par with what Disney should allow in their theme parks.
Just like how the General Public allows Disney to Remake Some of the best films ever into bland, worst versions of the films we go before most people have zero standards for Entertainment and lack any real sense of what is good.
So I'll stand by my statement you can put pretty much anything in from of a General Audience and they'll like it so why should I care what most people think, I want individuals to have standards and voice their thoughts on Entertainment with more than its fun. What do you like, dislike, what could be improved?

Honestly its why I can't stand many bloggers its always THIS is Great, no one is always great Disney created DCA 1.0, Universal made Secret Life of Pets, Nintendo has a terrible online for its video games, the film/music award shows basically ignore anything none American Made everything in life has pros and Cons.

Is it that normal park guests don't have standards or is it that normal park guests are just like you and me? What a park opens a new ride normal guests want to experience it. Even if they don't like it after they've been on it (because they have standards) they must ride it to know.

I wonder how many people in line for Jimmy Fallen and Fast and Furious ride in Orlando are first timers who don't yet know how bad those rides are vs. those that just don't have standards.

I don't understand the hate here for the Fallon ride. It gets good GSAT's. The queue experience is an attraction in itself. I've rode it dozens of times. Every seat's always been filled. People still cheer during the last pre show before the ride. They still cheer on the ride. It's a good use of a really small space that they couldn't have fit much more than some flat rides on. ...Seems to me the hate just reflects theme park fan elitism, many on the part of people who have never even been on the ride, and get their theme park experience from POV's. Don't knock the general public. They know what they like and back it up with their money.....Now, F&F is another story, and shouldn't be linked with Fallon for guest satisfaction. Low GSAT's and they cut capacity since the lines were so short. GP spoke here too.

I don't understand the hate here for the Fallon ride. It gets good GSAT's. The queue experience is an attraction in itself. I've rode it dozens of times. Every seat's always been filled. People still cheer during the last pre show before the ride. They still cheer on the ride. It's a good use of a really small space that they couldn't have fit much more than some flat rides on. ...Seems to me the hate just reflects theme park fan elitism, many on the part of people who have never even been on the ride, and get their theme park experience from POV's. Don't knock the general public. They know what they like and back it up with their money.....Now, F&F is another story, and shouldn't be linked with Fallon for guest satisfaction. Low GSAT's and they cut capacity since the lines were so short. GP spoke here too.
I think its more of what it replaced, I would do Twister 10/10 times over Fallon

I think its more of what it replaced, I would do Twister 10/10 times over Fallon

They replaced an attraction that perfectly encapsulated what made universal special... movie magic brought to life. So you are 100% right. People can go to the movies to catch 3D crap. Theatres have motion seats now.

What people don’t experience everyday is actually stepping into the movies for a real life experience. This is why Potter was so successful. This is why Fallon will be dated within 10 years. It’s why rides like Jurassic Park or World will stand the test of time, with minor revisions.

They replaced an attraction that perfectly encapsulated what made universal special... movie magic brought to life. So you are 100% right. People can go to the movies to catch 3D crap. Theatres have motion seats now.

What people don’t experience everyday is actually stepping into the movies for a real life experience. This is why Potter was so successful. This is why Fallon will be dated within 10 years. It’s why rides like Jurassic Park or World will stand the test of time, with minor revisions.

Agreed. I’d take Twister any day of the week over Fallon. Fantastic use of special effects that we don’t see too often anymore.

The problem with Twister , besides many expensive effects no longer working, was that the GP basically quit attending the attraction. It became a walk on for the most part, and the shows were usually sparsely attended. The issue with rides like Twister is that they're pretty good the first couple of times but they get old fast and don't have much of a re rideability factor.And they're expensive to operate. They become a one and done. Same happened with Disaster. Sparse crowds and expensive effects that no longer worked. With all these on site hotel rooms, the parks need attractions that will keep those guests busy for a number of days, and rerides play a big part in that. Myself, I liked Twister, but I didn't do it every Universal vacation. Maybe more like once every three or four vacations. Universal Orlando is no longer a resort where 3 to 4 million a year visit. It's a big boy now with 10 million for each park. It's a different ballgame. Yes, USF probably needs more diversity in attractions. But they need attractions that people will want to reride...But, getting back to the topic. .Yes, JW, at Hollywood. is that type of attraction that people will reride. So it's a good step.

Last edited:
The problem with Twister , besides many expensive effects no longer working, was that the GP basically quit attending the attraction. It became a walk on for the most part, and the shows were usually sparsely attended. The issue with rides like Twister is that they're pretty good the first couple of times but they get old fast and don't have much of a re rideability factor.And they're expensive to operate. They become a one and done. Same happened with Disaster. Sparse crowds and expensive effects that no longer worked. With all these on site hotel rooms, the parks need attractions that will keep those guests busy for a number of days, and rerides play a big part in that. Myself, I liked Twister, but I didn't do it every Universal vacation. Maybe more like once every three or four vacations. Universal Orlando is no longer a resort where 3 to 4 million a year visit. It's a big boy now with 10 million for each park. It's a different ballgame. Yes, USF probably needs more diversity in attractions. But they need attractions that people will want to reride...But, getting back to the topic. .Yes, JW, at Hollywood. is that type of attraction that people will reride. So it's a good step.

I agree that parks need rides that people want to re-ride a lot of times. However, I still liked Twister and greatly prefer it over Fallon. I dislike Fallon for two reasons. One, it is yet another pure simulator in a park that already had The Simpsons Ride and Despicable Me. The other reason is that Fallon is completely unappealing to me as a theme.

Now, not to go too far off topic, but USH definitely needs to invest in things that have a high re-rideability factor. I am still completely puzzled over Kung Fu Panda Adventure. Shrek 4D was terrible and needed to go. However, replacing it with another theater attraction seems like a total waste. I know the Dreamworks Theater can easily be changed out for another film. However, it is still an attraction that will have very little appeal for people to do more than once for each time the film is changed.

The more re-rideable attractions are on the Lower Lot, and Mario Kart will likely be fun for a lot of re-rides also. On the upper lot, the only thing that is a must-do for me on every visit is Forbidden Journey. I'm not saying everything else on the Upper Lot is bad, I would just like some more thrilling attractions up there that I would like to go on multiple times each visit, so I will have more variety in what to do when I am at the park.

The Simpsons Ride would be much more re-rideable if the line wasn't so painfully slow moving.

It all comes down to expectations.

What do pretty really “expect” from a “tonight show” ride? My guess is, not much, and I think the fun pre-show and generally happy atmosphere helps this attraction.

Compare this to Fast and Furious which conjures up expectations of a thrill ride. When guests are then let down by the corny “family” pre show, and a ride that is neither “fast” or “furious” it’s a bigger disappointment.

Finally, Twister May have been popular with a certain theme park niche; but that niche is shrinking, and the ride was a constant walk on. It’s easy to say it was a better attraction based on nostalgia, but it clearly wasn’t a popular attraction with the GP.

The GP by and large are idiots. Fallon sucks.

I’m admittedly biased because the Fallon ride, and Fallon in general, reminds me of how NBC screwed Conan over royally. Fallon’s humor is the exact kind of comedy Conan’s been mocking ever since he started doing late night and the ride is no different. I’ve been on it and, divorced from my biases, it’s ok as a thrill ride but it’s not worth going over again. And being better than Twister isn’t exactly a high bar.

I’m admittedly biased because the Fallon ride, and Fallon in general, reminds me of how NBC screwed Conan over royally. Fallon’s humor is the exact kind of comedy Conan’s been mocking ever since he started doing late night and the ride is no different. I’ve been on it and, divorced from my biases, it’s ok as a thrill ride but it’s not worth going over again. And being better than Twister isn’t exactly a high bar.
Comedy is subjective for the most part. Myself, I couldn't stand Conan. I quit watching the Tonight Show when he took over. I rarely watch Fallon, his overall comedy doesn't really interest me either, but I do enjoy his comedy bits on the pre show and ride. So, I enjoy the attraction, not in my top tier, but for a small area D ticket, it's fine. In fact, it's my GF's favorite ride at either Universal park, so she always wants to re ride.And, according to Insiders, the GP generally thinks the same, so it's actually greatly outperforming Twister in guest usage. .....But, my main point is the re rideability factor. And with the redo of JP to JW, SLOP, and Nintendo coming, Hollywood is certainly going in the direction of providing more for a guest to do in the park.