Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

Keep in mind that these ideas were pitches and early concepts for the re-do. If you go through all of the recently released concept art you’ll see that some actually contradict one another, as these were just some of the ideas and concepts being pitched early on.

Cool ideas here. I’d love to see more raptors added especially.

I was at the park today, and had some ops things I wanted to mention. I got to the park around 530 or 6 and it stayed very busy throughout the night. So much so that I didn't even ride Mummy since it had a really backed up Single Rider line around 930pm. Usually, I can marathon Mummy as much as I want that time of night.

Anyway, about Jurassic World; I really wish that they would make the Single Rider queue much bigger. It closes even when it only has maybe a 15-20 minute wait. I would like the Single Rider queue to be at least doubled. The other ops thing that I wanted to mention is that close to closing, they were only loading one boat at a time. I could understand this is there wasn't a line. However, there was still a long line and loading only one boat at a time definitely slowed it down. Also, around 630pm, it went down for an hour or so. I know Jurassic World is doing way better than Hagrid's, but it seems like it is having more downtime than should be normal.

I still love the ride and was thankful to at least get 2 rides in tonight, I just hope they improve some of the ops stuff and downtime becomes far less common.

Is it that normal park guests don't have standards or is it that normal park guests are just like you and me? What a park opens a new ride normal guests want to experience it. Even if they don't like it after they've been on it (because they have standards) they must ride it to know.

I wonder how many people in line for Jimmy Fallen and Fast and Furious ride in Orlando are first timers who don't yet know how bad those rides are vs. those that just don't have standards.
I'm more surprised People go places without looking up info on the attractions there

If I travel somewhere 99 Percent of the time I look up reviews of said place and what I should do when I'm there...Vegas, Ghost towns, Theme Parks, Parks in General....etc
Especially if the place is far away from me and I have limited time, I want to know what are the most dos and what are skip able
But my point still stands that the GE listens to any kinda music, will watch remakes of films when if they are worst the originals and enjoy basically any theme park ride as long as its easy to get to

Also went on the ride again this weekend, first time I noticed the lights going out after the first little drop into the T-Rex area (to be fair when I went on it weeks ago their was some audio syncing issues...so thought the lights went out by mistake my first rides)

Last edited:
Is there still another phase of construction happening here? I remember there were rumblings in this thread that they were updating the I-Rex but not sure if those rumors turned out to be inaccurate.

Pretty much what it seems. But there seems to be the notion (based on guest surveys) that they're actively looking to improve other elements of the ride as well.

I am glad that they are interested in continuing to improve the ride. Some small changes throughout could make a huge difference. Once the final full body Indo is in the finale, I hope they focus on adding a few elements to Predator Cove. The area right before the lift hill looks like it might be a placeholder for something.

I'm more surprised People go places without looking up info on the attractions there

If I travel somewhere 99 Percent of the time I look up reviews of said place and what I should do when I'm there...Vegas, Ghost towns, Theme Parks, Parks in General....etc
Especially if the place is far away from me and I have limited time, I want to know what are the most dos and what are skip able
You shouldn't be surprised; people have different ways of traveling. When I go to a theme park, ghost town, Vegas, parks in general I want to experience as much as possible. Reading reviews might keep me from doing something I would have liked. I don't really trust others to advise what I should do and what I should skip. I love to make my own choices and decisions. And even experiencing something I don't like is part of what makes a trip great for me.

I suspect that's why the lines are still long for rides and attractions that most people give bad reviews to. Perhaps more people don't look up info on the attractions or, maybe, people actually like what the theme park fans don't like, or people just what to find out for themself.

I wonder for HHN if they still do the Gun and Roses song for the new ride?
Don't think they will this year as there will be plenty of people waiting to go to HHN to check this out. There will be a lot of fresh people who have yet to see the original ride.

It would be nice to add some "In the Dark" elements to it for HHN, though there's not a whole lot they can do. The blood and gore is already there in the Predator Cove scene. There's already some blood in the Mososaurus scene. I guess they could add some footage on the screens of workers getting eaten. Maybe they could add some loud music and lighting effects for the finale. Maybe some fog as well.

Don't think they will this year as there will be plenty of people waiting to go to HHN to check this out. There will be a lot of fresh people who have yet to see the original ride.

It would be nice to add some "In the Dark" elements to it for HHN, though there's not a whole lot they can do. The blood and gore is already there in the Predator Cove scene. There's already some blood in the Mososaurus scene. I guess they could add some footage on the screens of workers getting eaten. Maybe they could add some loud music and lighting effects for the finale. Maybe some fog as well.
Fog would be a Welcome addition. Like you said they could change the TV screens too and maybe the mosasaurus scene.

There's really no other way to have a 60-foot AA so this was probably the most practical way of incorporating it into the new ride.

Excuse me but we had a similarly sized animatronic in Kongfrontation 30 years ago so I’m pretty sure they could do same/better practical now if they wanted.