General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Mosasaurus bump really just became a wild rumor because of Universals teaser ad that showed the boat getting bumped. We are looking at it through an aquarium window, the bump wouldn't make any sense.

Reactions: Adam RG
Wasn't there a rumor at one time that a Mosasaurus would "bump" the boat? I think that'd be fun. But yeah, my biggest wish, even more than the IR, is a better Predator Cove. That area is a real let down to me, even more than the IR.
I think that came about from the first teaser for the ride. The Mosa would smack against the glass and it appeared the boat shifted. Don't know if that was intended or just for dramatic effect. I do agree that that's what should happen during the part of the ride or at least some kind of reaction, like a loud noise from this massive creature putting it's full weight against thick glass. I don't imagine it would be that hard to pull off

Reactions: Adam RG
Also, seeing as they drained the ride for this refurb I’m hoping they’re doing more than just adding the Indo.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t they do that every time the ride goes under refurb? Pretty sure they don’t want the workers going for an unwanted swim, so I’d temper expectations a little.

Though, I digress, as I still wonder if they’ll make minor changes to the dialogue like I mentioned in my last post or even add that monitor that was supposed to be at the end. I don’t think we ever found out what Owen and Claire were saying.

Also, considering we don’t have a definitive reopening date yet, I’m kind of hoping that once the ride re-opens we make use of the spoiler tags for like a week. Dunno about you guys, but I really wanna see it for myself. I still haven’t seen any footage of Rise of the Resistance for that matter.

EDIT: Didn’t wanna double post, But from Five Fires’ latest video at Universal, it looks like some of the boats have been taken out from the ride for now. Maybe we’re getting more than just the Indo after all?191E05C1-D547-4399-A0F5-01F0E236CD3D.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Adam RG and Nathan
Not sure, unless drastic changes are made, the broken doors are supposed to be showing us that the Indo has escaped. It’d be kinda weird.

Also, from RyanThemePark on Twitter, we have an interesting find.

Maybe this isn’t just a “install the indo with a lot of testing” kind of refurb. Maybe we can expect the finale room to look a little different?

EDIT: Someone in the replies claims and I quote: "This is the rockwork that covers the track Blue walks on." Still wonder why they'd take it out for now

Last edited:
Holy freaking crap. Here I was tempering my expectations and only expecting the full Indo, and then we get this. What a time to live in. I wonder if some more photos from Bioreconstruct could happen in the future.

Though, if someone could briefly fill me in, and pardon me being out of the loop, but has JPLand really become that unreliable ever since he falsely claimed the building sign fell, or am I missing some other things?

I’m not gonna believe any rumors until the ride is officially open again. I don’t want to give myself high expectations again.

The OC Register doesn't post rumors.

There's no way Universal, in all their survey-taking ways, didn't get plenty of feedback on Predator Cove. Let's hope something comes of it.

Indeed. If anything was the bad egg, it was Predator Cove.