Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Going to a Park Solo

Before I was married, I went solo a lot. I normally would end up meeting with friends for a day or two, but mostly did it alone. I miss it in some ways, but I love spending time with my wife.

You know, its funny, back when I was younger, single and no kids, I wouldn't want to go to a park solo. I felt like I always had to go with a group of friends and would be bored by myself. But now that I am married I have no issues sneaking off to a park solo with out my wife and kids. I do this a lot when Im up there and want get some night photos since neither my wife or kids have patience for me trying to take pictures :lmao: Plus I have met a lot of cool locals and non local on here and twitter so there is always someone at the parks or around to hangout.

Hey Guys - funny this is the first time I am planning to do Universal alone in Aug. I was a little apprehensive but after reading all the responses I am feeling a little better.

I've been to the FL theme parks myself pretty much all the time. Recently I do miss going with friends now that I got most of the stuff out of the way. Meaning whenever there's a chance to go with ppl I don't care where to go and what to get done as i've already done much, least I get the most experience with friends/family :)

I absolutely love visiting theme parks by myself! It was when I started going to college that I began visiting the parks solo. I've felt a kind of freedom going there since then. Don't get me wrong, I also like going with groups (family/friends), but I really love it when I can catch a break or go on rides instead of waiting on a decision by a group on what to do lol.

No stigma at all, I've done solo trips of two and three weeks a few times now, I was weary the first time but have no problems at all now. I like the freedom of it, not worrying what others may or may not want to do is a really luxury at times, don't get me wrong I love going with family and friends but solo trips allow for me to indulge in the things I like to do at a pace I want to do it, I've also made many friends along the way too.
No one to say, "Do you think you should be doing THAT!?!

Funny I cam across this thread. I'm thinking of taking a flight to Anaheim in January to visit the Disneyland parks for the first time in just 3 days. I kinda want to go solo but wouldn't riding the kiddie rides like peter pan, etc be awkward.

Funny I cam across this thread. I'm thinking of taking a flight to Anaheim in January to visit the Disneyland parks for the first time in just 3 days. I kinda want to go solo but wouldn't riding the kiddie rides like peter pan, etc be awkward.

I have been to just about every major park in the country solo. I have found that the bigger the park the less awkward and easier it gets. I think it really depends on if the audience is more locals or tourists.

Peter Pan is more nostalgia then kiddie ride. Looking at the line I always figured a lot more adults then kids end up riding it and never felt awkward doing it solo.

I have been to many parks both with others and solo. Solo can be much more relaxing. You get to do everything at your own pace. It is sometimes easier to go solo than to try to work around other people's schedules and budgets.

There is that big added advantage of using the single rider line at Universal. Often times those are a walk on:)
single-rider-lines.jpg

I've gone solo plenty, and at first it might feel a little bit awkward - at least for me. Part of it was because I was just speeding through Busch Gardens, Sea World, and Universal to ride the attractions and move on. However, once you settle down and just have the freedom to explore, the freedom to ride a water ride without someone in ur party not wanting to get wet, the freedom to go to any show, and no one in ur party can judge u because no one is there. It's an amazing feeling! Forgive me & my run-on sentences btw

I've gone solo plenty, and at first it might feel a little bit awkward - at least for me. Part of it was because I was just speeding through Busch Gardens, Sea World, and Universal to ride the attractions and move on. However, once you settle down and just have the freedom to explore, the freedom to ride a water ride without someone in ur party not wanting to get wet, the freedom to go to any show, and no one in ur party can judge u because no one is there. It's an amazing feeling! Forgive me & my run-on sentences btw
The only time I get a bit self-conscious when going solo is when I'm getting on kid oriented rides like Cat in the Hat or Suess Trolley.

The only time I get a bit self-conscious when going solo is when I'm getting on kid oriented rides like Cat in the Hat or Suess Trolley.

omg yes that is a true struggle. I try avoiding them :lol:

The other perks to going solo is sometimes u get the chance in riding the best seats on a ride without having to wait. One time in Busch Gardens Tampa, I got front row on Montu as there was an open single seat and the op directed me there. It was so amazing.