Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Goodbye Globe Theater

"We're working on a Pet's attraction" is not the same thing as "Pet's is going into USH where Globe Theater is currently located and here is concept art"...
well of course they're not going to announce where, did you already forget it was highly rumored to be put on the lower lot? The fact that an attraction IS allegedly being worked on is the same as announcing one is happening. NintendoWorld was announced & ya'll have no problem acknowledging that despite the fact it was never said "where" in the park. Just sayin.

well of course they're not going to announce where, did you already forget it was highly rumored to be put on the lower lot? The fact that an attraction IS allegedly being worked on is the same as announcing one is happening. NintendoWorld was announced & ya'll have no problem acknowledging that despite the fact it was never said "where" in the park. Just sayin.

1) Saying "We are doing -- we have started a Pets attraction even before the film comes out, which if the film doesn't do as well as I think, it will be painful," (which is the direct quote) is different than "Ride Secret Life of Pets: Max to the Rescue, coming soon to Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort!" He made no mention of which, if any parks would get the attraction. He gave no details about the kind of attraction it would be. To call what Steve Burke said to analysts at an investor conference an "Official Announcement" is misleading at best. Jeez, this is like debating what constitutes a photo-op all over again.

2) No one has a problem discussing the location. @PerceptiveCoot was asking about where or if they could find concept art. Such concept art has not been made publicly available by Universal Creative. Posting or sharing the concept art, which I assume would be the property of UC, would be in violation of the posting guidelines.

Anyway, getting back to the topic at hand. I think it'll be interesting to see the result of the downsizing. The lower lot area it was presumed to occupy was a little under 2.5 acres. The Globe Theatre represents around .35 acres. That's 1/7 the size. They've got to figure out how to fit a full ride with queue and, let's face it, exit retail space into an area half the size of Transformers (Which has both its extended queue and retail space outside the main building). It'll be tough to pull off, but I think they can do it. It's probably gonna have a lot of tight turns (a la Mr. Toad's Wild Ride at Disneyland). I just hope they don't cut too much from the full version. It will be nice to have another kid-friendly attraction, though. I'm not sure it really meshes well with their "Grow Bolder" ad campaign, but I'm not the one who has to make those decisions.

EDIT: I also wonder if this will impact the "Under 48 inches discount" the park offers.

Just as a side note to any Moderators... should perhaps this thread and the SLOP thread get merged? I feel like I'm now visiting two different threads to essentially get the same discussions. I mean, I know it's not officially in the Globe Theater location, but let's face it, both threads are pretty much assuming so at this point. Even if it's proven wrong, it'd be better to have one single wrong thread than two. :D

Just as a side note to any Moderators... should perhaps this thread and the SLOP thread get merged? I feel like I'm now visiting two different threads to essentially get the same discussions. I mean, I know it's not officially in the Globe Theater location, but let's face it, both threads are pretty much assuming so at this point. Even if it's proven wrong, it'd be better to have one single wrong thread than two. :D

They’ll remain separate till an official announcement is made.

Also, again, unofficial concept art cannot be posted on the forums. If another site runs with it well allow a link to the article but not the photos themselves.

Well, it's official. On July 1st of this year, Globe Theater will shut it's doors for the last time. With the date of closure looming over the horizon, it seems like a good time to remember the building's past.

What did you think of the Globe Theater? Was it a great addition to the park or just a glorified meeting room?
Could the globe theater be the site for USH's 2020 attraction?

Whatever your thoughts and/or predictions are, we can all mourn the death of Universal Hollywood fanciest business complex here. R.I.P Globe Theatre. Thank you for the good times.

Globe Theater at Universal Studios Hollywood set to close July 1 | Inside Universal
Well, it's official. On July 1st of this year, Globe Theater will shut it's doors for the last time. With the date of closure looming over the horizon, it seems like a good time to remember the building's past.

What did you think of the Globe Theater? Was it a great addition to the park or just a glorified meeting room?
Could the globe theater be the site for USH's 2020 attraction?

Whatever your thoughts and/or predictions are, we can all mourn the death of Universal Hollywood fanciest business complex here. R.I.P Globe Theatre. Thank you for the good times.

Globe Theater at Universal Studios Hollywood set to close July 1 | Inside Universal

Good morning! My thoughts about losing the Globe Theatre is now USH has no where to go when the weather is bad. When it rains where will guests be able to see Characters? Etc.

Good morning! My thoughts about losing the Globe Theatre is now USH has no where to go when the weather is bad. When it rains where will guests be able to see Characters? Etc.

I was thinking about that today. The only thing I could come up with is Soundstage 29. All of the soundstages around it are gone, but, for whatever reason, 29 was left standing. Maybe they'll repurpose it into some kind of entertainment space. It's imcredibly out of the way, but it's the only space big enough to fit the bill.

I was thinking about that today. The only thing I could come up with is Soundstage 29. All of the soundstages around it are gone, but, for whatever reason, 29 was left standing. Maybe they'll repurpose it into some kind of entertainment space. It's imcredibly out of the way, but it's the only space big enough to fit the bill.
I honestly hope they can keep it up for a while longer. We can get two large HHN houses out of that spot...if the event ever becomes descent again.

My thoughts are they could put DreamWorks characters in the preshow for the DreamWorks theater. Use certain stores, for face characters, and respective themed characters, Animation Studio Store, Etc., possibly use the house left tunnel at SES, Palace, and Studio cafe. My ideas.

Here's one random pic I got while at the park today... its more surprising to see in person. I'd say it'll be completely down by maybe tuesday/wednesday.

GS1XGTe.jpg

The scenic walls have reached TWD now too

The Globe Theatre is almost gone, just a couple more walls, and the helicopter has been removed from the walking dead.

Here is a quick update from this morning...

Q32P0pK.jpg

gHto91P.jpg

^literally gutting that entrance lobby... not long before its completely gone..

sIsUxKJ.jpg

^the wall on Minion Way across from Gru's neighbors is gone... very little left to demo..

G9QUhII.jpg

^if only Universal remembered their legacy...

Holy balls batman... Its so weird seeing that view (also, gee.. they couldn't have done this 2 days ago :rolleyes:)...

I'm surprised nobody took a pic from near Frankenstein parking... I would, but I'm trying to resist the urge to go to Blaze pizza haha