Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Great Movie Ride Closing?

It wasn't a gem, but I liked it nonetheless.
They really waited too long to fix the park in an orderly fashion. Now, the park is reaping the problems of that. I really see no reason to visit this park until SWL is completed. And, even then they will still have capacity issues trying to fit the Star Wars crowds into the park. They have serious problems facing them and I really don't see any easy solutions. It's a mess, and I'm sad, because I really enjoyed the park, even though it had shortcomings....If they would have started fixing the park, bit by bit, four years ago when they had Kathy Magnum fresh off Cars Land to look at the fix, they'd be in way better shape. Disney just dragged their feet for so long. Prime example was shutting down BLT two years ago and doing nothing with it.
I absolutely agree Disney dragged their feet for FAR too long at DHS. The last ride opening there was in 2008 and we aren't on track for TSL to open until AT LEAST 2018. That's just ludicrous that we're looking at 10 years between rides. It is what it is though, the bleeding had to be stopped and it's not pretty.

Same at DAK. Everest opened in 2005 ('06?) and Avatar is opening next year. But DAK has held up better. When closing Camp MM, they MOVED FotLK instead of closing it and they've since added a nighttime show (albeit a bad one so far). We'll see how RoL is whenever that opens, which is rumored to possibly be soon after JB closes.

But that's the Difference. DAK has a lot to do even without rides, DHS... not so much. So when they close off that entire backside of the park and put up multiple dead ends around the park, guests actually begin to realize how little there is to do in the park.

I absolutely agree Disney dragged their feet for FAR too long at DHS. The last ride opening there was in 2008 and we aren't on track for TSL to open until AT LEAST 2018. That's just ludicrous that we're looking at 10 years between rides. It is what it is though, the bleeding had to be stopped and it's not pretty.

Same at DAK. Everest opened in 2005 ('06?) and Avatar is opening next year. But DAK has held up better. When closing Camp MM, they MOVED FotLK instead of closing it and they've since added a nighttime show (albeit a bad one so far). We'll see how RoL is whenever that opens, which is rumored to possibly be soon after JB closes.

But that's the Difference. DAK has a lot to do even without rides, DHS... not so much. So when they close off that entire backside of the park and put up multiple dead ends around the park, guests actually begin to realize how little there is to do in the park.
Yep, I completely agree with this post.

Charming. :saywhat:

Right?

It's just a good thing that Disney never did anything with that concept--
benhair_12feb2001tm.jpg

Oh. :blank:

Keeps redirecting me to stupid pop up type pages.

That's the jist of it.

mOTHgnf.jpg

On the perfect day it works, but it has to be the perfect weather (which isn't uncommon in SoCal), but it also only works at a very specific time of day with the shade of blue they used.

I've always thought with these type of things if they're purely made just for people taking photos. In the right conditions they look good but they obviously look fak walking about.

I've always thought with these type of things if they're purely made just for people taking photos. In the right conditions they look good but they obviously look fak walking about.
My problem with it is it again plays with the whole "Studio" theming idea that NEVER has worked for any park. It's just ugly, tacky and cheap.

I use a popup blocker (psst don't tell Brian) and I could read it. It was not blocking many popups on that page though

I'm the same but I'm mostly on mobile when viewing and posting here.

My problem with it is it again plays with the whole "Studio" theming idea that NEVER has worked for any park. It's just ugly, tacky and cheap.

The real issue is that movies aren't made the way the parks would like to perceive any more and to put the guests into the movies like they used to can now be done any where and for any reason.

I use a popup blocker (psst don't tell Brian) and I could read it. It was not blocking many popups on that page though
They weren't really pop ups but the page changing to something else and making it impossible for me to go back to the article.

Disney makes a fortune renting out the Oz portion of the ride for weddings. I remember reading at one point it was booked 18 months in advance. Hard to believe they would get rid of such a cash cow.