Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Grinchmas 2014

That looked like a really nice celebration and kick off for the event! Better than the technically challenged one last year...aha.

I hope/wish they'd do celebrity readings this year still and offered more than just the little interactive "kid" stuff. Also cool seeing fireworks in the middle of the park! Wish they could do that as a part of Grinchmas every day!

The fireworks gave me chills. Can't get over how much I love this, and it seems they've really improved Universal Plaza this year. A much improved backdrop, lots of more decor hanging around, and it looks like they've improved the activities and Who interactions.

Probably won't happen, but I wonder if they can make the fireworks a daily thing for Grinchmas? They seem to be low elevation fireworks similar to what WaterWorld uses, just more extravagant. Would be so nice to see them nightly.

They'll never do it. They don't like spending money on stuff like that. But I agree, it would be great if they did those fireworks every tree-lighting. Or even half of what they did for the press event. It was beautiful!

Am I the only one that can't see this?
I can't either.

Saw this on Facebook, and it gave me a good laugh. So pathetic haha! Top 5 things? More like the ONLY 5 things!

2eyi1pv.png

Was at the Disneyland Resort today for the holidays again. Saying it was beautiful, magical, and busy is an understatement. Overwhelming amount of holiday offerings. I love Grinchmas and am simply disappointed at the underwhelming offerings.

Ahahaha yeah! Mind you, it'll be towards the end of the holiday event (December 20th), as the biggest reason they're having it is to have something new but temporary for guests while all the massive refurbishments are happening before the 60th anniversary.

But yes, very awkward. Not sure why they couldn't make The Globe or Castle Theatre into an indoor Grinchmas wonderland with a snow play area for the holidays...

Is it a possibility that they're purposely scaling down Grinchmas' potential during the construction so that the event isn't that popular and to manage the crowds? Either way it's silly, because they should spread out the festivities to other areas!

Okay so I'm planning on going this Saturday night, but I won't get there until around 5:45 pm. Will the tram tour and Waterworld show still be operating since the park is open until 10 pm? I've been wanting to do both of those so bad in the dark!