Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout

I'd be shocked if this doesn't happen. The ride film is already created (in English, if I remember) and I would think those simulator docks are very easy to move.

I hope this doesn't become the trend for Marvel Land though. I don't want the entire land to be a cheap Frankenstein-esque land filled with repurposed rides.

I would imagine that they'd have to do a different film, but have it similar to the one already in place for Hong Kong.

Even if the ride is amazing, it will not make up for the exterior. So all but one complaint in my book.

An' considering what's being said about what's replacing the scenes in the ride, that's just gonna' add more complaints.

Some first impressions have allegedly been given to https://twitter.com/imaginat1on with the account tweeting them out.

Here's a brief summery of what was said about the attraction...

Mission: Breakout's interior has extremely minimal architecture change. Just paint. Almost zero change to boiler room. Disappointing. It looks… exactly how you’d expect it to look from the garbage WDI glue and stapled to the outside. The lobby has Figment & Matterhorn’s Harold (course) and all sorts of other eye-roll fan-service cheap “collector” theming. As well as this, “Theming” an attraction using leftover props decaying in a warehouse is what I’d expect from Six Flags, not Disney. Come on… Demand better.

The on-ride experience is 100% screenzzz. No more physical sets like Tower of Terror had. Cheap, easy, replaceable. The new mandate. The elevator is constantly in motion, it is also way more intense than Tower of Terror ever was and not in a good good way - it made several people physically ill who really used to love Terror. Here’s hoping it doesn’t happen to you…

One bright spot in Breakout is the raccoon AA in the library which people described as “extremely well done” and “very cool.” continuing the new WDI tradition of only needing one good AA figure in new rides. Pandora, Roaring Rapids, Toy Story…

That’s what I’ve got on Breakout. Enjoy.

:doh:

Last edited:
That blows big time... I was hoping for Marvel easter eggs, not DL ones. That's really unfortunate. This frustrates me because if this is the direction Disney's going to see going, they might as well just call it a day from most fans.

That blows big time... I was hoping for Marvel easter eggs, not DL ones. That's really unfortunate. This frustrates me because if this is the direction Disney's going to see going, they might as well just call it a day from most fans.

Adam Warlock, Cosmo, and an Ultron bot all make an appearance in the queue. I'm sure there will be plenty of Marvel easter eggs for the die-hard fans to notice.

As for the initial opinion on the ride its quite sad the direction Disney is heading. It may just be because everybody was busy with Pandora and SWL.

I guess my opinion is warped as a WDW AP, but I already thought the Tower was cheap and lazy. So now they've just changed the flavor. I totally get the opinions on the outside redesign, but I'll hold off on
decrying the ride experience for now because my original opinion wasn't very high.

That said, very excited to see what they've done with Rocket.

Some first impressions have allegedly been given to https://twitter.com/imaginat1on with the account tweeting them out.

Here's a brief summery of what was said about the attraction...

Mission: Breakout's interior has extremely minimal architecture change. Just paint. Almost zero change to boiler room. Disappointing. It looks… exactly how you’d expect it to look from the garbage WDI glue and stapled to the outside. The lobby has Figment & Matterhorn’s Harold (course) and all sorts of other eye-roll fan-service cheap “collector” theming. As well as this, “Theming” an attraction using leftover props decaying in a warehouse is what I’d expect from Six Flags, not Disney. Come on… Demand better.

The on-ride experience is 100% screenzzz. No more physical sets like Tower of Terror had. Cheap, easy, replaceable. The new mandate. The elevator is constantly in motion, it is also way more intense than Tower of Terror ever was and not in a good good way - it made several people physically ill who really used to love Terror. Here’s hoping it doesn’t happen to you…

One bright spot in Breakout is the raccoon AA in the library which people described as “extremely well done” and “very cool.” continuing the new WDI tradition of only needing one good AA figure in new rides. Pandora, Roaring Rapids, Toy Story…

That’s what I’ve got on Breakout. Enjoy.

:doh:

Sounds as uninspired as I expected! I feel bad for the west coast fans of Tower of Terror.

Should I mention the ride is in 3D?
Please tell me you're joking. PLEASE tell me you're joking.

Adam Warlock, Cosmo, and an Ultron bot all make an appearance in the queue. I'm sure there will be plenty of Marvel easter eggs for the die-hard fans to notice.
Warlock in the queue makes no sense MCU-canon wise, as he wasn't even mentioned until the post-credits of Vol. 2

Have they said when this ride takes place timeline wise? For all we know this takes place after Vol 2. The building can be seen in the background of one of the shots of the new Thor film coming out and I would assume that film takes place after Vol 2.

Please tell me you're joking. PLEASE tell me you're joking.

Warlock in the queue makes no sense MCU-canon wise, as he wasn't even mentioned until the post-credits of Vol. 2

It depends, are they using the capsule that he was born in?

Should I mention the ride is in 3D?

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FJack-Nicholson.gif