Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
screen-shot-2016-07-23-at-10-58-16-pm-png.152830

It doesn't appear to be one of Disney's finest moments. I think it was a mistake to box themselves into a corner with such an early completion date. They are always slow. That said, Hollywood's Tower of Terror was the company's weakest Tower, so in the long run, it may be the right move. But, in the short run, without any other Marvel in the area, it's kind of foolish. It's too early, before it's time.

Last edited:
This is such a bad idea. This ride is supposed to be in Disneys CALIFORNIA Adventure. So there is going to be a red trolly passing and parking right in front of a building that looks Sci-fi. They totally failed.

Reactions: Victoria and UNIrd
I need to venture over to Magic to see what the Disney fans have to say. Will it be pretty, or will it get ugly?

I was hoping someone would check out Magic to see their comments. As that is a primarily a WDW site, I cannot imagine that they would care about Cali too much. On the other hand, it pretty much confirms no Marvel on that property. Mona Lisa smile.

Reactions: Mad Dog
So from the video it sounds like a Marvel Land will eventually be coming to DCA... why couldn't they have just waited until then? Tear down TOT and use the remaining expansion plot to create Marvel Land.

That tower looks so silly and out of place, and GOTG deserves something better than an overlay.

I was hoping someone would check out Magic to see their comments. As that is a primarily a WDW site, I cannot imagine that they would care about Cali too much. On the other hand, it pretty much confirms no Marvel on that property. Mona Lisa smile.
35 pages on it already. I jumped around a bit and did 10 pages random. More thought it was bad than good of the samplings I read. Most were actually commenting on at least it didn't happen at DHS, and that was their main concern. They always show love for their Twilight Zone TOT. A good number of people brought up Guardians at Epcot's Energy pavilion, which most seemed in favor of.....Also ventured over to TPI, where I rarely ever go anymore. Robert Niles says he loves it.

The idea doesn't sound terrible. It's an easy way to get a Marvel ride and begin to segment off part of the park for Marvel Land.

But, they really have to sell the execution. They ain't doing it so far. Maybe they'll prove they can beat Universal on construction speed. Maybe this'll be a totally different experience. Doubt it, but you never know.

Already seeing "Wonder when WDW will get the announcement" posts on twitter so yay on that.

Some interesting points.

• Turn around time is very quick, but remember this is the resort that does the HMH overlay in a month.
  • Besides naming Kevin Feige's title, nowhere in the post or advertising is Marvel mentioned. This is likely due to the MCA/Marvel contract about advertising using the Marvel name in the USA just like with Super Hero HQ and the marathon.
  • Based on what I heard before the concept of redressing ToT in DCA has been proposed for several Marvel characters as part of the new Marvel land, with one being Spider-man.
  • My main issue with this is after 7 years of ownership and 2 years of GotG being out why is Disney reusing the existing ToT exoskeleton, why is it a hot priority to add to the parks NOW? While I believe this could end up being good I do wonder whats going on at tWDC that causes this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Honestly, Magic has a lot of Disney detractors these days...the better "general opinion" would be from the DISboards I think

Reactions: SeventyOne
  • My main issue with this is after 7 years of ownership and 2 years of GotG being out why is Disney reusing the existing ToT exoskeleton, why is it a hot priority to add to the parks NOW? While I believe this could end up being good I do wonder whats going on at tWDC that causes this.

Because the sequel, which will make a mint, is coming out next year? Seems like the timing makes more sense than opening something like Avatar five years after the buzz has died.

Reactions: DrakeParker
Because the sequel, which will make a mint, is coming out next year? Seems like the timing makes more sense than opening something like Avatar five years after the buzz has died.

Flip side to that point: After Guardians becomes the hit in 2014; green light the plan for a new attraction instead of an half-assed idea and have it open for same time frame.